Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
BabyRS On February 14, 2015

, Singapore
#1New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 09:05:11
"She Stole My Boyfriend!"

"She Backstabbed Me!"

"She Called Me Fat!"

Women can be their own best friends -and also their worst enemies. What is it that makes them turn on one another?

We've all been through it. There we are, minding our own business, when suddenly we overhear a colleague b****ing about us: "She's not smart... she just knows how to suck up to the boss" We think: "The only time we've ever had contact with you was at last Christmas' office party... so hey! Why are you being such a b****?!"

The statistics are shocking. In a survey conducted by a local University last year, 46% of women felt that women bosses favoured their male staff. Surprised? You would think that women would prefer a camarederie of their own kind!

And recently, 62% out of 820 women polled by a local newspaper (The Straits Times) preferred to work under a male boss. And as much as we try to ignore it, much ink has been spilled on the concept of women being mean to their own kind - the latest being Woman's Inhumanity to Woman.

It's author, woman's studies scholar Phyllis Chesler, says: "As most women know, a woman can make life hell... on a moment to moment basis, or any other woman whom she envies, fears, or with whom she must compete for resources"

Is this really true?

mammothmeat On October 25, 2007

Trondheim, Norway
#2New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 09:06:18
Women.. I don't understand them.
aces On December 23, 2013

, Australia
#3New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 09:25:24
@mammothmeat Said

yep im with you there mate.
heaven On October 19, 2008

Mombasa, Kenya
#4New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 10:53:51
@mammothmeat Said

Yeah you're a guy, its to be expected that you wouldn't understand them! Heck, i'm a woman and i'l be damned if i understood them either!!

And its so true, i personally would rather work under a male boss than a female one too!! Its surprising how men can empathise with women's (numerous) issues more than women ever would (yeah, i said *would* coz they *can* but most are just too busy being heartless to care less! )
papaumau On May 28, 2006

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 13:39:51
I think they are easy to understand....

Just give them all that you have and they will want the rest !

I don't mind them at all as they are very decorative.

, Singapore
#6New Post! Jan 30, 2006 @ 06:02:18
Just wondered about how some women can 'viciously' fight their way out when pushed in a corner; regardless of how many toes they step on.

Is it their genetic make-up... or are they just basically competitive?
knerba On May 13, 2011

Sandy, Utah
#7New Post! Jan 30, 2006 @ 06:07:16
I'm not a typical girl, but I think in general girls are so backhanded about things because they are more clever, so they know that just punching the person who upset you won't solve anything, but ruining their reputation or undermining them will really hurt them. And somehow the caring nature of the average woman makes her resist conflict, so she's likely to be two-faced. I don't get it either, but I've witnessed a damn lot of it. I don't even have any very close girl friends because girls are so nuts! I can't take all the drama.

, Singapore
#8New Post! Jan 30, 2006 @ 06:13:55
Me too - all of my best buds IRL are guys! I've found it extremely difficult to maintain a close friendship with the ladies before they suddenly start some b****y nonsense or some other. This has happened as long as I can remember... so much so that I've practically given up!

...And my buddies have agreed (under duress, but who cares?!) that if I ever get married they would be very pretty in bridesmaids' dresses! I did compromise though - I promised them no frills and lace.
knerba On May 13, 2011

Sandy, Utah
#9New Post! Feb 08, 2006 @ 18:50:11
If only we could group all the sane girls so we could be IRL friends!

, Singapore
#10New Post! Feb 08, 2006 @ 19:07:02
I kinda prefer "insanely sane".

That'll be just great! (Bah! Wishful thinking...)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs