Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#166New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 02:33:11
@someone_else Said

You insisted that any doctor refusing to perform an abortion was blinded by religion. How does that not make it only a religious thing?

I'm not sure you can find many that do not fit that bill- but no, I've not stated that as entirely. I've stated that using religion to enforce that belief on everyone else is wrong. That person should drop the emergency room for the prayer room, or find a happy medium as a proctologist or any other Dr they would be able to be.
THAT is CHOICE!
The choice of the doctor not to violate law and to practice were it does not hurt their morals or religious doctrine.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#167New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 04:50:20
On Tuesday (Nov. 8), Mississippi voters will decide whether fertilized eggs qualify as "persons" under the law from the moment when sperm and egg meet. But while the law is designed to challenge Roe v. Wade and outlaw abortion, doctors say that the wording is also likely to outlaw common methods of birth control, including the birth control pill.
https://news.yahoo.com/why-mississippis-personhood-law-could-outlaw-birth-control-212609540.html
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#168New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 04:58:32
@shinobinoz Said

Which is why we should stick to health & the woman's right to health & her doctor's consultation.

You're opinions on what we should stick to doesn't change the fact both sides use the same facts, but just come to different opinions based on those facts.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#169New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 05:17:14
@crazylikeafox Said

You're opinions on what we should stick to doesn't change the fact both sides use the same facts, but just come to different opinions based on those facts.

I will go with learned scientific fact- you can stick with religious opinion if ya want.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#170New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 07:15:34
@shinobinoz Said

I will go with learned scientific fact- you can stick with religious opinion if ya want.

Didn't I JUST finish saying both sides use the same exact facts? Either you need to work on your reading skills, or you're intentionally ignoring what others say so you can pretend your opponents are weak straw men.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#171New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:08:30
@shinobinoz Said

I'm not sure you can find many that do not fit that bill- but no, I've not stated that as entirely.

But you have and that's what people keep trying to point out. And in response to "Religion isn't the only reason people oppose abortion," you say things like this:

@shinobinoz Said

@shinobinoz Said

I've stated that using religion to enforce that belief on everyone else is wrong.

And I agree with this opinion.

@shinobinoz Said

That person should drop the emergency room for the prayer room, or find a happy medium as a proctologist or any other Dr they would be able to be.
THAT is CHOICE!
The choice of the doctor not to violate law and to practice were it does not hurt their morals or religious doctrine.

Or be a private practice doctor that doesn't have to do procedures that they don't want to. Maybe they should be up front about it, but not wanting to take a baby's life on another person's whim is no reason to not do all the other things that an OB/GYN does...no matter how many times you say so.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs