Have any conspiracy theories ever turned out to be true

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
missygnome On October 05, 2010

lancashire, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Nov 21, 2009 @ 16:25:06
@Michael718 Said

Oh right then yeah Watergate, the thing in the 70's where America tried to use halluicnogens for mind control, up til the 70's where the US government injected African-Americans with syphillis saying it was a cure, there are plenty....

some great comments on your ??? but as for Elvis faking his own death, i dont think so

And of course, Elvis faking his own death
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Nov 21, 2009 @ 22:27:31
@little1 Said

what about the mynas though? Aren't even in the slightest curious as to why they thought the world would end on that day?

mynahs? like the birds?
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#18New Post! Nov 21, 2009 @ 22:32:37
@little1 Said

what about the mynas though? Aren't even in the slightest curious as to why they thought the world would end on that day?

Mynas?

I guess thats suppost to say "mayans" anywhoo they didn't think the world would end on that day.
2nd_Evil_Head On March 24, 2015

Elmira,
#19New Post! Nov 21, 2009 @ 22:44:33
@little1 Said

They didn't, at least not in the literal sense. The last time their calender, and hence, the world ended for them, was when the Spanish arrived on their shores.
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#20New Post! Nov 21, 2009 @ 23:02:29
Conspiricies are a reality,most don't recquire theories to explain them. But when you have Governments and Intelligence agencies involved,the depth of cover up is so deep that a theory is all that is left,to explain the crimes!
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#21New Post! Nov 24, 2009 @ 20:25:02
@little1 Said

I wouldn't call that conspiracy...thats more predictions and there are several interpretations of that prediction.

Plus...it hasn't happened yet, so doesn't apply much to the question.
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#22New Post! Nov 24, 2009 @ 20:26:24
Andy Kaufman did fake his own death! Discuss!
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#23New Post! Nov 24, 2009 @ 20:52:29
@conservativehippie Said

The 'crop circles', these babies were appearing all over the English countryside in the seventies and eighties causing waves of UFO and alien mania.

In 1991 Doug Bower and Dave Chorley, two men in their sixties claimed responsibility for the ongoing prank and their (constuction) of over two hundred and fifty circles.

Now,, crop circles merely advertise corporate products but they were big mystery news back then.

Actually some crop circles have proven to be legitimate, to the point where the biology of the crops differ greatly in the circle compared to the untouched crops around the crop circle.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#24New Post! Nov 24, 2009 @ 21:00:28
Some science 'fiction' has more of a scientifcally logical backing than some some science 'fact.' =L
conservativehippie On May 20, 2010

Deleted

, Australia
#25New Post! Nov 25, 2009 @ 23:33:12
@arcades Said

Actually some crop circles have proven to be legitimate, to the point where the biology of the crops differ greatly in the circle compared to the untouched crops around the crop circle.

You are about to learn something interesting Arcades but before that can take place, may I see/read what it is you consider(proof).

Northbay, Canada
#26New Post! Nov 26, 2009 @ 00:03:59
@conservativehippie Said

You are about to learn something interesting Arcades but before that can take place, may I see/read what it is you consider(proof).

here ya go.

https://www.ufo-blogger.com/2009/04/physicist-offers-scientific-proof-that.html

Deleted

, Australia
#27New Post! Nov 26, 2009 @ 00:12:54
@arcades Said

here ya go.

https://www.ufo-blogger.com/2009/04/physicist-offers-scientific-proof-that.html

Thanks, I'll take a look at that today-n get back to you.

Deleted

, Australia
#28New Post! Nov 26, 2009 @ 13:21:37
I must admit I thought you were going to take a different direction on that one but looking into this claim has become quite interesting.

Arcades #23: Actually some crop circles have proven to be legitimate, to the point where the biology of the crops differ greatly in the circle compared to the untouched crops around the crop circle.

CH; Now you use the word "legitimate" there, this implys that there is a proven satisfactory way to distinquish between man made circles and ones made by UFOs. But is there?
I think not but we have the 'scientific proof' presented on your link. So I check it out....
Ok, after considering the evidence presented I have to disagree that this is anything like 'legitimate scientific' proof, in fact I beleive it's a lot closer to psuedo-science. Heres a coupla reasons why..
Ok first, who is this guy, he seems to have a new indentity, check wikepedias reference theres absolutely nothing about his PHD or where he got it. Maybe you can dig something up (on a non-conspiracy website,, if you can) because I can't.
The article is confusing because the story changes at the start it says he offers proof that 'at least some circles' are formed by balls of light/UFOs.
It concludes with the definitive statement 'crop circles are not made by man but by electromagnetic point sources of unknown origin. So which is it, some or all?
Then we read about the 'objective' computer program, designed by the very man using it to 'prove' his theory,, loaded much?
What Haselhoff, or the article writer has done is very clever,
The normal process for this would be
Step 1. Prove that not all crop circles are man made.
Step 2. Find a mechanism for how they might be made.

By jumping to step 2 the reader is tricked into accepting the conclusion of step 1 even though it has not been established.
Odd also that this scientific proof was only ever published ten years ago in a (to most people) widely unknown horticultural publication, you would think some others might have picked up on it by now.
Perhaps they know that this pattern of node stretching also occurs in wind damaged and lodged crops or that whirlwinds are now known to be so charged with electrical energy that some scientists are wondering if this has more to do with their cause than temp differences.
Its an entertaining story Arcades I'll give ya that but it's a long way from credible scientific proof.

Northbay, Canada
#29New Post! Nov 26, 2009 @ 21:23:44
@conservativehippie Said

I must admit I thought you were going to take a different direction on that one but looking into this claim has become quite interesting.

Arcades #23: Actually some crop circles have proven to be legitimate, to the point where the biology of the crops differ greatly in the circle compared to the untouched crops around the crop circle.

CH; Now you use the word "legitimate" there, this implys that there is a proven satisfactory way to distinquish between man made circles and ones made by UFOs. But is there?
I think not but we have the 'scientific proof' presented on your link. So I check it out....
Ok, after considering the evidence presented I have to disagree that this is anything like 'legitimate scientific' proof, in fact I beleive it's a lot closer to psuedo-science. Heres a coupla reasons why..
Ok first, who is this guy, he seems to have a new indentity, check wikepedias reference theres absolutely nothing about his PHD or where he got it. Maybe you can dig something up (on a non-conspiracy website,, if you can) because I can't.
The article is confusing because the story changes at the start it says he offers proof that 'at least some circles' are formed by balls of light/UFOs.
It concludes with the definitive statement 'crop circles are not made by man but by electromagnetic point sources of unknown origin. So which is it, some or all?
Then we read about the 'objective' computer program, designed by the very man using it to 'prove' his theory,, loaded much?
What Haselhoff, or the article writer has done is very clever,
The normal process for this would be
Step 1. Prove that not all crop circles are man made.
Step 2. Find a mechanism for how they might be made.

By jumping to step 2 the reader is tricked into accepting the conclusion of step 1 even though it has not been established.
Odd also that this scientific proof was only ever published ten years ago in a (to most people) widely unknown horticultural publication, you would think some others might have picked up on it by now.
Perhaps they know that this pattern of node stretching also occurs in wind damaged and lodged crops or that whirlwinds are now known to be so charged with electrical energy that some scientists are wondering if this has more to do with their cause than temp differences.
Its an entertaining story Arcades I'll give ya that but it's a long way from credible scientific proof.

I disagree as it said in the article, his work was peer reviewed and then published in a good science magazine.

Also he didn't say all were not man made just the ones he tested.

Also like he said it was a 100% match which is rare in science,I would imagine that the peer review would be extra extensive because of this.

So he created his own program to determine the crop circles he tested are with out a doubt created by electromagnetic point source, whats wrong with that?

Like I said, it was peer reviewed and published as the official scientific explanation of crop circles.

Im sure the other sceptical scientists that reviewed all his work in detail checked out all the stuff you mentioned and more.

Deleted

, Australia
#30New Post! Nov 26, 2009 @ 22:56:59
@arcades Said

I disagree as it said in the article, his work was peer reviewed and then published in a good science magazine.

Also he didn't say all were not man made just the ones he tested.

Also like he said it was a 100% match which is rare in science,I would imagine that the peer review would be extra extensive because of this.

So he created his own program to determine the crop circles he tested are with out a doubt created by electromagnetic point source, whats wrong with that?

Like I said, it was peer reviewed and published as the official scientific explanation of crop circles.

Im sure the other sceptical scientists that reviewed all his work in detail checked out all the stuff you mentioned and more.

No worries Arcades, you seem to have a lot of faith in this story and site,, to which you are welcome.
Honestly, I'm just glad I don't have to waste anymore time trying to track down this Haselhoffs details or credentials.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs