The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

What is your view on the Islamic religion?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#46New Post! May 05, 2009 @ 20:21:13
I have respect of every religion. I don't know much about Islam so I won't go on. I will say that people have demonized those who practice this religion and that is horrifying.

If I did have a religion, it would be more like ritualized habits. I'm interested in the 1st nations peoples traditions of worshiping nature. Shinto, a native Japanese religion is a lot more suitable for me.
04EXCURSION On September 29, 2009

long beach, California
#47New Post! May 05, 2009 @ 20:22:05
Terrorism
Zombie Slayer

#48New Post! May 05, 2009 @ 20:24:35
@04EXCURSION Said

Terrorism

are you saying that those who follow this religion are all terrorists?
XCLR8 On October 20, 2009

Melbourne, Australia
#49New Post! May 05, 2009 @ 20:31:04
I am Croatian and the girl I am sort of seeing is Bosnian.
I am Orthodox Cristian and she is Musslim. If you can remember what happend a few years ago now, there was a massive war against musslims in yugoslavia.
Anyway she is a very kind hearted girl. She does not do all that praying stuff or wear the head scarfs either, the only thing she does not do is eat pork. Which is fine by me. We get along no worries no fights she excepts my religion and I except hers. Her family are beautifull people and get alnog with mine just fine.
its like any religion, you get your mad twisted ones.
04EXCURSION On September 29, 2009

long beach, California
#50New Post! May 05, 2009 @ 21:31:42
@hazuki0chan Said

are you saying that those who follow this religion are all terrorists?

kind of obvious aint it?

the attack on the Twinky factory in '93

the revolution against Hostess in '94

the burning of Big Macs in '95

all terrorist/ muslim related
Alanna On February 13, 2010

Cincinnati,
#51New Post! May 05, 2009 @ 21:46:02
@Carreragt2 Said

I see a lot of misleading and wrong information especially using hadiths. Mohammad's description in Islamic books written by muslims are so close to Jesus.

Endless verbage trying to flatter Mohammed written by endless Muslims will not change what Mohammed himself wrote or how Mohammed himself lived.

All Muslim scholars agree that the Quoran is the work of Mohammed and is the Muslim Bible. All Muslim scholars agree that Mohammed had multiple wives at once, including an underage girl, that he ruled Arabia, was a warrior, headed up an army, wrote laws in the Quoran regarding everything from how to split up inheritances to adultery and theft, and the earthly punishments to be meted out in earthly Islamic courts for breaking these laws.

Jesus did none of the above.

About all one can say about Islam is that the extremists like the Taliban are taking a bad doctrine and interpreting it even worse. There is some justification in the Quoran for living in peace with non-Muslims and many educated upwardly mobile Muslims are living by this part of the Quoran, for their own benefit. But there is also justification in the Quoran for holy war.

What you cannot say about Islam is that it resembles Christianity or that Mohammed resembles Christ.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#52New Post! May 05, 2009 @ 22:16:32
@Alanna Said

All Muslim scholars agree that the Quoran is the work of Mohammed and is the Muslim Bible. All Muslim scholars agree that Mohammed had multiple wives at once, including an underage girl, that he ruled Arabia, was a warrior, headed up an army, wrote laws in the Quoran regarding everything from how to split up inheritances to adultery and theft, and the earthly punishments to be meted out in earthly Islamic courts for breaking these laws.

No but people have done similar (or worse) things in his name.

@Alanna Said

About all one can say about Islam is that the extremists like the Taliban are taking a bad doctrine and interpreting it even worse. There is some justification in the Quoran for living in peace with non-Muslims and many educated upwardly mobile Muslims are living by this part of the Quoran, for their own benefit. But there is also justification in the Quoran for holy war.

What you cannot say about Islam is that it resembles Christianity or that Mohammed resembles Christ.

Whereas there's no such justification in the Bible, anyone non-Christian deserves to die according to some parts of it.

They're both as bad as eachother for extremists on both sides.
Zombie Slayer

#53New Post! May 05, 2009 @ 23:35:53
@Alanna Said

Endless verbage trying to flatter Mohammed written by endless Muslims will not change what Mohammed himself wrote or how Mohammed himself lived.

so your point of all this is that christians are good and Muslims are bad and for that we should send them all to oblivion based on a man made book tha contains what people would imagine what a god would say if it was real. God is an anthropomorphic character. If there's a deity out there, it does not have a human composition. All religions have their pros and cons, christianity has more cons than pros IMO
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013