Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#106New Post! Feb 11, 2011 @ 13:11:29
@Willi Said

the nag is interesting

Yes. They tend to point to where God is accessed from better than most religious cults. Inside each of us. Not through the mouth of some priest or prophet.

Regards
DL
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#107New Post! Feb 11, 2011 @ 16:28:29
@GreatestIam2 Said

Yes. They tend to point to where God is accessed from better than most religious cults. Inside each of us. Not through the mouth of some priest or prophet.

Regards
DL

those who are preachers, talk of a truth they have found within their faith.
to be one who brings the words of jesus within is taught.
to think of non-christians as not saved is a stumbling block.
it puts blinders on us, so we never see the good in others faiths.
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#108New Post! Feb 11, 2011 @ 18:31:38
@Willi Said

those who are preachers, talk of a truth they have found within their faith.
to be one who brings the words of jesus within is taught.
to think of non-christians as not saved is a stumbling block.
it puts blinders on us, so we never see the good in others faiths.

I agree.

So does this bishop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM3FXlLMug

Regards
DL
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#109New Post! Feb 11, 2011 @ 18:51:27
@GreatestIam2 Said

I agree.

So does this bishop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM3FXlLMug

Regards
DL

i love him.
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#110New Post! Feb 11, 2011 @ 19:33:22
@GreatestIam2 Said

Thanks for this.

Your last is of course correct.

Apotheosis is the only way though for any to have a personal relationship with any God.

Few admit to apotheosis. I am basically the only one I know who does.

Regards
DL

Agreed
Judas On September 02, 2015

, Canada
#111New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 02:30:06
@someone_else Said

Oh hey...just for fun - Judas means (providing for variations) "Praised" , "The praised one" or "he shall be praised"

Well, that's interesting.
Pretty far off the mark. LOL

, Canada
#112New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 02:34:27
@GreatestIam2 Said

If you want a bit more on your name sake, try the Gnostic Christian version that Constantine's Church tried to suppress by killing Gnostics and burning their scriptures.

They have a better take on him and do not do the ---just because he is a Jew thing that Christianity did with their love of hate.

In the Gnostic take, no Judas, who was doing the will of Jesus throughout, there would not have been a sacrifice.

In a sense, this makes the whole sacrifice thing his and he should therefore be the hero of Christianity and not Jesus who was actually usurping the power of the Godhead and putting himself in charge with his--only through me B S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywJdMezcqio

Regards
DL

Well now, that certainly is interesting.
I guess I can Google that one.
Thanks.

, Canada
#113New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 02:47:41
@boxerdc Said

The problem is that if the earth is moving we should be able to see the planets further out from the sun reverse their orbits... which is exactly what we do see... and what the church refused to see for more than 2 hundred years.. and didn't admit to, until the Apollo missions to the moon were underway.

@nooneinparticular Said

From my understanding, yes.

Who or what told you that Cain and Abel were two halves of the same person?

Oh, it was in here somewhere, towards the beginning. I'm sure that's what they said.
I'd go back and look but this connection is painfully slow right now.
fun2bme On February 16, 2011

St Joseph, Michigan
#114New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 20:48:33
@boxerdc Said

Actually Christianity did quite a bit to slow scientific progress down. The fact that we're still debating evolution shows that christianity is still slowing down scientific progress.

And it's just plain silly to state that a different religion would have had the same effect, as there is no way to quantify that statement.

I don't think we could have made the jump from irrational fear based world view to scientific method without the stabilizing influence of the transition from pantheon chaos to monotheistic order. The elevation of gods to God...from God Law to individual free will (which is where I see faith going today)represents a maturing of the human mind. AS our minds mature so does our science grow more complex and accurate.
Today science has done more healing, more saving, more revelation of truth than all the combined millennium of religious attempts. However, to think it was science alone that elevated the mind to the place where it exists today is shortsighted and inaccurate. One must view the thing as a whole. True religion has at times suppressed science but did that suppression make science weaker or did it prompt scientists to make their truths even stronger to prove the church wrong?
Personally I see science replacing religion in the future. It is a natural progression of the maturing meat mind. Someday we will have to elevate beyond the meat and science is the only way I see to do that. The transition will be bumpy and it has been going on for many centuries already.Unfortunately, the war of religion is coming. I'm looking for cave to ride it out in.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs