Religion & Philosophy

The bad people of religion

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>
Judas On September 02, 2015

, Canada
#1New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 02:37:32
I'm going to start by saying that I have pretty much zero knowledge of how religion works (Or is supposed too) or anything about the Bible.
I'm bringing this up because someone actually got...Offended? Rude?... Either way, she wasn't impressed with my name. So getting that reaction from a few people (These are usually the God-fearing-bible-thumping-preacher types) I decided to Google and see what I came up with.

Now, Judas is known for being the betrayer of Jesus. Offered him up for some cash, released that he felt like crap after, and suppossedly killed himself after.
And, maybe it's just the name kinship, but I kind of feel sorry for the guy. Really, just made a mistake, and even thousands of years after he's still hated for being the worst betrayer of man kind.
But then, Jesus was supposed to know that Judas would betray him, right? So is he really a betrayer then?
Do you think he was saved, or sent to Hell?

After I had this sort of conversation with another group, it was mentioned that Judas wasn't the most evil of people, but rather Cain. I really don't know much about this other then the fact that he killed his brother, whom I'm assuming was someone rather important. Either way, I just touched into this a few days ago and haven't had any time to really get into it so please excuse my ignorance.

I did, however, find it really odd and/or disturbing that my name just happens to be Judas Kaine.
I've never taking either of my parents to be the religious sort of know anything about the Bible. I know my grandparents were supposed to be a little bit "God fearing" so maybe they had a clever streak and did it to spite them. That would seem more like them.
But really, how screwed up is that? Two of the worst people in history, suppossedly (but I will say aside from Hitler) and I get both of their names?
Maybe that means I'm going to be damned? That would be rather s***ty.

Anyhoo, I was mostly curious about people's opinion on Judas - wether is was an actual event of betrayal or something that was meant to be and he was wrongly 'convicted'.
But if you feel like enlightening me about Cain, that's cool too.
All that being said and done, though, I don't believe in God, but it does make for an interesting conversation, no?
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#2New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 02:40:06
@Judas Said

I'm going to start by saying that I have pretty much zero knowledge of how religion works (Or is supposed too) or anything about the Bible.
I'm bringing this up because someone actually got...Offended? Rude?... Either way, she wasn't impressed with my name. So getting that reaction from a few people (These are usually the God-fearing-bible-thumping-preacher types) I decided to Google and see what I came up with.

Now, Judas is known for being the betrayer of Jesus. Offered him up for some cash, released that he felt like crap after, and suppossedly killed himself after.
And, maybe it's just the name kinship, but I kind of feel sorry for the guy. Really, just made a mistake, and even thousands of years after he's still hated for being the worst betrayer of man kind.
But then, Jesus was supposed to know that Judas would betray him, right? So is he really a betrayer then?
Do you think he was saved, or sent to Hell?

After I had this sort of conversation with another group, it was mentioned that Judas wasn't the most evil of people, but rather Cain. I really don't know much about this other then the fact that he killed his brother, whom I'm assuming was someone rather important. Either way, I just touched into this a few days ago and haven't had any time to really get into it so please excuse my ignorance.

I did, however, find it really odd and/or disturbing that my name just happens to be Judas Kaine.
I've never taking either of my parents to be the religious sort of know anything about the Bible. I know my grandparents were supposed to be a little bit "God fearing" so maybe they had a clever streak and did it to spite them. That would seem more like them.
But really, how screwed up is that? Two of the worst people in history, suppossedly (but I will say aside from Hitler) and I get both of their names?
Maybe that means I'm going to be damned? That would be rather s***ty.

Anyhoo, I was mostly curious about people's opinion on Judas - wether is was an actual event of betrayal or something that was meant to be and he was wrongly 'convicted'.
But if you feel like enlightening me about Cain, that's cool too.
All that being said and done, though, I don't believe in God, but it does make for an interesting conversation, no?

He did a good job...coulda been quicker with it though....

Woulda saved humanity a ton of bulls***....
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#3New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 02:41:16
@Judas Said

Um... no.

sorry.

, Canada
#4New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 02:55:53
@boxerdc Said

Um... no.

sorry.

Why not?
Do I have to believe in God to have a conversation about religion? Or just this certain subject bores you?
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 02:56:43
Can depend on what you believe in. There was a ton of literature the Romans decided to leave out...

, Canada
#6New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 02:57:53
@8FlOz Said

He did a good job...coulda been quicker with it though....

Woulda saved humanity a ton of bulls***....

True that.
Probably a lot of lives, too.
AzUnDeR On January 04, 2018

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#7New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 03:01:07
SMH
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#8New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 03:01:13
@Judas Said

True that.
Probably a lot of lives, too.

This is true...f***...we coulda been living in space by now
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#9New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 03:05:01
brother killing brother.
kinda like some animals.
father killing son, but a ram shows up?
judas.
to sell a friend for money.
damn s*** even says god on it.

, Canada
#10New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 03:14:52
@AzUnDeR Said

SMH

I have no idea what that means?

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#11New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 03:16:56
SMH=Shaking My Head u should read revelations and watch the news

, Canada
#12New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 03:22:40
@Willi Said

brother killing brother.
kinda like some animals.
father killing son, but a ram shows up?
judas.
to sell a friend for money.
damn s*** even says god on it.

Rough times.
But why did he kill his brother? There has to be some sort of...something that went on because it got him labelled as a pretty nasty character.

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#13New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 03:27:25
because the devil possessed his body just like judas these things r suppose to happen so that us(sinners) can have a chance to make it its not for people who dont believe. those people wish for GOD not to exist, but im telling u he is real, cant prove it to u, but he is.

, Canada
#14New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 03:32:55
@AzUnDeR Said

SMH=Shaking My Head u should read revelations and watch the news

Ah, I see.
For the religion education or the slang education? lol

I tried reading the bible once - was forced into several weeks of Sunday school. The bible was odd, and too many versions of the same thing so I was getting confused.
One of these days I'll make an honest attempt at it.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#15New Post! Feb 06, 2011 @ 03:34:16
@Judas Said

Rough times.
But why did he kill his brother? There has to be some sort of...something that went on because it got him labelled as a pretty nasty character.

at the times, hurders vs farmers was going on.
a grain vs a meat offering.
a bbq does smell good
a burt offering of the best, i wonder if other cultures saw that as good luck
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs