AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
MonkeyMadness On April 08, 2015
Lord of your mum

Big Tree, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Oct 24, 2007 @ 08:01:41
@daifu Said
The post origin of the issue was:
buffalobill90 stated: Examples of devolution are already apparent using caesarian sections for childbirth means we will never evolve larger pelvises, many men of middle-eastern lineage medically require circumcision since their foreskin is too small as a result of hundreds of generations of circumcision allowing such faulty genes to survive and be passed on.

My opinion about this was:

This is a bold statement and IMHO blunt racism. The intend in my understanding was to say:
middle-eastern lineage have faulty genes.
It is a very old way of racists to foster a wrong concept in the mind of uneducated and therefore receptive people.

For me that IS a big deal. ESPECIALLY because (but not only) I am having a lot of friends with these (middle-east) characteristics.
It is like saying "blacks are less intelligent then whites". It is on the same line of argumentation. It is the same origin.
And for me (and I fear for a lot of people) it IS a big deal.

I understand the choice to transfer the thread. Since this post was deleted I join it. The collocation of the subject in Biology is for my understanding not a happy choice. I would have transfered it to Society or Politics. Since the whole issue is that pseudo scientific claims of superiority of this or that race are coming surprisingly back these days.

He also said the c-sections and a small pelvis argument in the same post, granted that wasnt race specific but western cultures do a hell of alot more c-sections than anyone else, therefore balancing this suposed racism.
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Oct 24, 2007 @ 10:14:27
If people keep getting c-sections then why does it matter whether their pelvises are bigger or smaller?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#19New Post! Oct 24, 2007 @ 13:15:45
@kit Said
If people keep getting c-sections then why does it matter whether their pelvises are bigger or smaller?

Well, that's the point.

Without the possibility of a c-section, a woman with a very small pelvis would not be able to breed and pass on any potential "small pelvis" genes to her children.

C-sections mean that these people *can* produce offspring and further that genetic line.
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Oct 24, 2007 @ 16:56:05
@jonnythan Said
Well, that's the point.

Without the possibility of a c-section, a woman with a very small pelvis would not be able to breed and pass on any potential "small pelvis" genes to her children.

C-sections mean that these people *can* produce offspring and further that genetic line.

So? Cut 'em open and the process can repeat
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs