Society & Lifestyles

Men who are supported by thier women finacially

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
3rdTimeLucky On December 07, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 16:41:54
My father had old fashioned views, as a man, when he dated my mum, it was his job to pay, he would collect her from her house and take her home safe again after! he asked my grandparents for her hand in marriage and always opened doors for her ect, his views didn't change when they married either, he was a gentleman and I believe that was the norm within his circle of friends and for his generation!

Times have changed obviously, women more so, now than ever, pay their fair share when they go out and I guess its because they have become more independent.

BUT what if your significant other doesn't work out of choice, knowing that the misses will pay for everything! should he at least be doing something to contribute financially? would you be happy to support them whilst they sat on their arse?

Go from the point of view of men providing like how it's old fashioned and women providing. But is it right that your other half sits on their arses all day and gets you to pay for holidays?
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#2New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 16:45:07
@3rdTimeLucky Said

My father had old fashioned views, as a man, when he dated my mum, it was his job to pay, he would collect her from her house and take her home safe again after! he asked my grandparents for her hand in marriage and always opened doors for her ect, his views didn't change when they married either, he was a gentleman and I believe that was the norm within his circle of friends and for his generation!

Times have changed obviously, women more so, now than ever, pay their fair share when they go out and I guess its because they have become more independent.

BUT what if your significant other doesn't work out of choice, knowing that the misses will pay for everything! should he at least be doing something to contribute financially? would you be happy to support them whilst they sat on their arse?

Go from the point of view of men providing like how it's old fashioned and women providing. But is it right that your other half sits on their arses all day and gets you to pay for holidays?

does any of this include house work, taking care of children.. etc? my wife does not work as much as she used to, because we would rather her raise our child than the daycare center.

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 16:50:28
@ssnot_me Said

does any of this include house work, taking care of children.. etc? my wife does not work as much as she used to, because we would rather her raise our child than the daycare center.

No, just in general, taking care of children I consider a 24 hour job and often a thankless one! Im talking about them not earning money to contribute when they are indeed capable but chose not to!
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#4New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 16:59:06
@3rdTimeLucky Said

No, just in general, taking care of children I consider a 24 hour job and often a thankless one! Im talking about them not earning money to contribute when they are indeed capable but chose not to!

oh... get a job or get out
leeberttea On July 24, 2010

Deleted

Oxford, Illinois
#5New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 17:02:52
@3rdTimeLucky Said

I left home when I was 17 because I wanted to be independent. I could never willfully let a woman support me!
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#6New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 17:02:53
@3rdTimeLucky Said

I think that if the woman is working and the man is not, then the man should be taking over the household chores. If they have children, th at includes child rearing. I don't see any reason why it should be okay for a wife to not work while her husband makes all the money but not the other way around. As long as one doesn't have to do [ everything .
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#7New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 18:04:59
My cousin just divorced her husband. He apparently sat around all day while she worked. He couldn't (nor tried) to find a job. He had things to do around the house but sat aorund playing video games and emailing her all day. SHe finally had enough. He didn't improve. DIVORCE.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#8New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 18:11:58
@floydgirrl Said

My cousin just divorced her husband. He apparently sat around all day while she worked. He couldn't (nor tried) to find a job. He had things to do around the house but sat aorund playing video games and emailing her all day. SHe finally had enough. He didn't improve. DIVORCE.

Admittedly, my husband did that for a while. It was annoying. If he was cooking and cleaning and I wasn't pregnant and working a minimum wage job, it might have been less annoying.

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 18:19:39
@floydgirrl Said

My other half has just been made redundant, he too could sit on his arse if he chose to, be he dont! he gets up when I get up to make me my first cup of tea, helps get the kids ready, has done some decorating, housework, job seeking, paperwork and phone calls relating to our change in circumstances, ie bank ect! cooks dinner and although he will eventually get his redundancy soon, he doesn't view that as time to sit on his arse and play games!

Some men are doers and some are drainers! I couldn't and wouldn't tolerate slogging my guts out working whilst my significant other put a drain on my income! AND he wouldn't consider ever doing that either! pride, respect and morals wouldn't allow him!
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#10New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 18:22:18
Not a dude.

Deleted

#11New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 18:25:16
@GSnap Said

Even if there are no kids, if the wife doesn't care, no one else should be bugged about it either. I have one 35 year old female friend who is dating a 24 year old hottie. He is dumb as a rock and she is a doctor who is very very smart. He barely makes a dime, and is always 'in between jobs' but she is happy as a clam, no pun intended, lol cuz she says he rocks her socks off in the sack. Both of their needs are being met, so who cares if it is traditional. It's all their business, no one else's!

Does your friend, by any chance, live in Kentucky?
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#12New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 18:29:07
@someone_else Said

Does your friend, by any chance, live in Kentucky?

Nope, im on the east coast.

I bet this happens more than we think. And why not, men have been doing this for years! LOL Women now work like and earn as much and sometimes more than men, if they want to have an arm trophy and the other person is ok with it, more power to 'em!
Not a dude.

Deleted

#13New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 18:33:15
@GSnap Said

Nope, im on the east coast.

I bet this happens more than we think. And why not, men have been doing this for years! LOL Women now work like and earn as much and sometimes more than men, if they want to have an arm trophy and the other person is ok with it, more power to 'em!

Okay, I know my geography is bad but I thought Kentucky was also on the east coast. Or does the east coast only mean the northern east coast?

The only reason I asked you that, btw, was that I knew a guy online whose fianc?e was becoming a doctor and she told him that she would support him as long as he took care of her 'other needs' - which included rocking her socks off in the sack. It seemed strange that you have a friend in almost exactly the same scenario.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#14New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 18:37:12
@someone_else Said

Okay, I know my geography is bad but I thought Kentucky was also on the east coast. Or does the east coast only mean the northern east coast?

The only reason I asked you that, btw, was that I knew a guy online whose fianc?e was becoming a doctor and she told him that she would support him as long as he took care of her 'other needs' - which included rocking her socks off in the sack. It seemed strange that you have a friend in almost exactly the same scenario.

My apologies for not being more clear, i meant a coastal state (VA). Kentucky is a close neighbor tho. Last I checked, they hadnt moved from here~!

I had a feeling you probably knew someone like this, I bet it is becoming more popular.

Off topic, holy cow, it just went from bright and sunny to a torrential downpour~! LOL
Not a dude.

Deleted

#15New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 18:41:56
@GSnap Said

My apologies for not being more clear, i meant a coastal state (VA). Kentucky is a close neighbor tho. Last I checked, they hadnt moved from here~!

I had a feeling you probably knew someone like this, I bet it is becoming more popular.

Off topic, holy cow, it just went from bright and sunny to a torrential downpour~! LOL

Yeah, Sugar Momma's are all the rage. It just seemed similar in the weirdest ways.

Off topic...Look for a rainbow!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs