The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

why do people lie

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
verrucasalt On August 02, 2007

#1New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 10:19:54
it really makes me cross when people lie, it happened this week someone asked me to do something for them but I was busy and I told them this, they went off in a stropp and said I'd stopped them from doing their work, I really should forget about it but it is so annoying but it makes me look a ********* when I am not at all (well ok we none of us are perfect and I dont professe to be) but I really was busy and I was'nt rude or anything.
fallen_in_tears On March 25, 2010

Kent, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 10:22:28
attention? to fit in? i dunno its annoying tho i have a friend that lies about most of her life and whats happened to her if you say something she would have done it had it happen or even able to top it
crimsonterror On December 13, 2006

Belfast, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 10:26:09
People usually lie out of fear or laziness. Its why I lie anyway. Sometimes its a combination of both.

In that situation it appears the person is very used to getting their own way from everyone or just yourself. The 'rebellion' from the normal shocked this person and the only way the felt the could react was by going off upset I would hold your conscience clear that it is likely the other person is more at fault than youself.

Hope that makes you feel a little at ease.
Kasabian On May 25, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 10:28:09
@verrucasalt Said
it really makes me cross when people lie, it happened this week someone asked me to do something for them but I was busy and I told them this, they went off in a stropp and said I'd stopped them from doing their work, I really should forget about it but it is so annoying but it makes me look a ********* when I am not at all (well ok we none of us are perfect and I dont professe to be) but I really was busy and I was'nt rude or anything.

so the lying comes in where in this ^^
angeldelight On December 23, 2006

newcastle upon tyne, United Ki
#5New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 10:31:59
its all about attention seeking and low self asteem i think,depending on what the lies are about,i despise liars as a rule,i like to think im the most honest person i know,seriously,but being honest or open can cause grief,,pll dont like it..but heyyy its not a popularity contest so take me or leave me i say
jinters On March 01, 2010

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 10:32:35
@verrucasalt Said

Sounds like whoever it was took it for granted you'd do them whatever favour it was, that's what happens when people just expect you to say yes.
Kasabian On May 25, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 10:38:00
I think white lies are ok

I do that to uncle all the time, gives me more time to play my geetar and wind people up on here
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 10:48:35
I guess everybody lies sometimes although im a terrible liar I honestly think some people never over come that childhood trait. Eddie Izzard says that children tell the most outrageous lies. Its true, at some point they smack you in the face and you learn an embarrasing lesson. However some people dont.

I never really understood bulls***ters

Belfast, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 10:51:51
I'd have to agree! When your a child you get away with little 'white lies' and you don't really have that much worry ab out it, and then the habit grows and grows and you end up telling the world theres weapons of mass desturction in Iraq 8)

But seriously, It really can get out of hand so easily Thing is, in the long run we all feel better when we tell the truth.
steveuk On May 15, 2012

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 10:52:17
Teebee only says this now cos I discovered she has her own little brown van business
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#11New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 10:55:34
eh
....i suppose to make myself look cool.

.................i'm an astronaut by the way.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 10:57:25
@steveuk Said
Teebee only says this now cos I discovered she has her own little brown van business

i didnt lie - i withheld the truth

Belfast, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 11:01:33
COOL! an astronaut, are you like typing this on the forum from space? Do you have a webcam? did I mention I'm a gulla bull?

Whats a hypotenuse?
steveuk On May 15, 2012

London, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Nov 16, 2006 @ 11:06:51
@treebee Said
i didnt lie - i withheld the truth

reminds me of a recent thread that El Diable and I recently participated in
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs