The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: News & Current Events:
Weather

Why do the weather people exaggerate and lie?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Curious On June 03, 2009

29 Palms,
#1New Post! May 30, 2009 @ 09:50:15
Omg. If I listened to them -- there would only be one nice day per year.

Today, all day, on the weather channel for our area, they said "Slightly cloudy with a 30 percent of thunderstorms, turning to mostly cloudy after 3:00 p.m."

I was in my cave, and saw the forecast and figured it was another crappy day.

When I went outside, there was not a cloud in the sky, it was beautiful blue, a slight breeze, 72 degrees, and you could not have asked for a more beautiful day. And it was this beautiful -- all day long.

The "thunderstorm" came after midnight, and lasted maybe 10 minutes.

I just wonder why we should even listen to these weather people -- when it was like telling me the sky is not blue, when it was entirely blue, today. Literally.

How many days a year do they forecast "extreme" weather, when it's nothing but a sprinkle? How much do we pay attention to what they say? I often look at the forecast and compare it to my days off, and think, "Aw crap, well, can't plan anything outside for that day..." -- only to find out that the day was nothing like they predicted.

What a bunch of liars, who feed off of people's fear and will say anything -to make the weather sound interesting -- when if it isn't going to be -- I guess they'd have nothing to report.

I know why they do it. To keep us tuned in. So we'll stay tuned and their sponsers will be sure people are watching thru the commercials.

I hope they all get sucked up by tornados.

hahahahaha
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 30, 2009 @ 10:02:29
I don't think it's a good idea to base your plans on the weather, the weather people aren't psychic, they can only give possible outcomes.

If you don't like them, don't listen to weather forecasts.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#3New Post! May 30, 2009 @ 10:07:17
The forecast is only a prediction, with that predictions are only a guess.

Plus, it is not certain to arrive in your area, might all of a sudden divert to another area completely
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs