Evolution vs Bible

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
Sushi5 On June 30, 2009

columbia, South Carolina
#61New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 02:26:18
@hypnotize6969 Said

well that brings forth another question, where does the creator come from?

no one can know that because we couldn't comprehend where he came from even if we knew it.
Sushi5 On June 30, 2009

columbia, South Carolina
#62New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 02:31:53
Okay say evolution does exist and every animal that exists today evolved from a "common ancestor". A termite eats wood but it cannot digest it, but inside of it lives other smaller organisms (and i dont mean cells) that breakdown the cellulose in the wood in order to give the termite food. Now if evolution occurred then tell me this, Which of those organisms evolved first?
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#63New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 02:54:09
It seems like neither side is convicing the other side of much of anything here. We can agree to disagree. However, I believe in creationism. Or a mixture of both. God created the animals and then when the flood came for 40 days and 40 nights he had Noah take two of everything with him. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was formless and empty." (Genesis 1:1). Key words: 'In the beginning..' and earth was 'formless' and 'empty'. Perhaps Darwinsim ('theory only' not any more believable to Christians then the 'book' is to non-christians or Drawinians) - but perhaps Darwinism came along after 'beginning', and after "God created Adam, and then he knew he didn't get it right so he created Eve - and then he quit. Cuz he had just created perfection, so he threw away the mold. Then the lil dork Eve allowed herself to be tempted by the serpent (must of been a male serpent), and caved in and ate the apple. But, back to the OP, so 'in the beginning' God created the heavens and the earth and it was formless and empty. Then he filled it with light, and all other things great and wonderful.....and it was all good. Then,
after all that, the animalss that he created, all the creatures that he created, they began to evolve. All those plagues and pestilances would of had some effect on all living things and there had to be some evolving. So then, after 'the beginning', after God CREATED humans
[Adam and Eve] .... then the animals evolved or morphed into another 'form', another 'being'. People are going to believe what they choose to believe (because it's the way they were raised, or because it is apparent after deep research - but all that, all of that is subject to interpretation by anyone perusing it). It doesn't make my beliefs more right then yours. And it doesn't make your beliefs more right them mine. And wherever you are, if you are part of a majority, then you have some 'sway' over how much of either side (theory or book) is allowed to influence the general public.
04EXCURSION On September 29, 2009

long beach, California
#64New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 03:15:29
how are you gonna compare Evolution to the Bible?

V.S.
Sushi5 On June 30, 2009

columbia, South Carolina
#65New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 20:10:13
@DuLu Said

It seems like neither side is convicing the other side of much of anything here.

That's because people who support evolution refuse to admit when they are wrong (in general). Particularly in the matter of the evolution of horses. Now that was proven wrong years ago and scientists are still holding it as valid information.

The geological column, which is the diagram showing all the periods of the ancient world (I.E. Paleolithic, jurassic, etc)and their dates, was made up by two people before any study of that kind was even thought of. In other words they made up an idea without any evidence or study and believed it to be true. And dont say that is the same as Christianity, Because, frankly there is more evidence supporting Christianity then evolution. Like the flood... now the grand Canyon according to evolutionists was created by millions of years of the Colorado river cutting out the grand canyon. Now everyone knows that water runs downhill. Now the Colorado river enters the grand canyon at 2800 ft above sea level. The highest point of the grand canyon is around 6000ft or a little over a mile above sea level. Wait a minute... if the Colorado river made the grand canyon then wouldn't it be higher above sea level then the highest point in the grand canyon? Water does not flow up hill.
skottie On September 23, 2009

Deleted

, Texas
#66New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 20:22:33
@Sushi5 Said

That's because people who support evolution refuse to admit when they are wrong (in general). Particularly in the matter of the evolution of horses. Now that was proven wrong years ago and scientists are still holding it as valid information.

The geological column, which is the diagram showing all the periods of the ancient world (I.E. Paleolithic, jurassic, etc)and their dates, was made up by two people before any study of that kind was even thought of. In other words they made up an idea without any evidence or study and believed it to be true. And dont say that is the same as Christianity, Because, frankly there is more evidence supporting Christianity then evolution. Like the flood... now the grand Canyon according to evolutionists was created by millions of years of the Colorado river cutting out the grand canyon. Now everyone knows that water runs downhill. Now the Colorado river enters the grand canyon at 2800 ft above sea level. The highest point of the grand canyon is around 6000ft or a little over a mile above sea level. Wait a minute... if the Colorado river made the grand canyon then wouldn't it be higher above sea level then the highest point in the grand canyon? Water does not flow up hill.

funny... the ground in that area has been pushed up because of plate tectonics. so it is higher than it use to be.

and fyi..people that support religion also refuse to admit when they are wrong.

the good thing about science is that when we find some new evidence we can verify it and use it. if it turn out to be wrong our theory's change.

bible / religions are not about change.. if there is something that does not add up, it is dismissed
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#67New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 17:20:59
I believe that Science and creation walk hand in hand. God started the process with the Big Bang, and let natural forces take their course. How life started is pure speculation for me, (who can tell what the creation process was?), but Man did not evolve from apes(simians) Both families of mammals had common ancestors, but the family tree(for lack of a better analogy) split with the higher primates(the human side) evolving in one direction and the simians evolving in the other direction.When the split happened, the common ancestor ceased to exist(there is no proof of a third branch). The remains of the missing link is believed to have been found in Germany. To be continued...gotta go.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#68New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:13:18
When the Books of Moses were written, they were put in terms that the people of that era could understand. I have no problem with the creation account, what I have a problem with is folks who take it literally, without taking into consideration the physical, chemical, and biological processes that had to take place and the reasons it was written in simple terms in the first place.
If the processes were put down, nobody at that time would have been able to understand what was being conveyed to them.
I am a Christian, and I have met quite a few other Christians who share the same rational that I have put before you, so, I know that I am not the only one.
8)
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#69New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:32:49
One question I have about Noah's Ark theory. How big was the boat if he took 2 of every species on board? I think there are over 5 million species of animals on the planet.
Zzz On December 27, 2012

Perth, Australia
#70New Post! Oct 16, 2009 @ 05:06:51
I'm one of those Christians that are comfortable with evolution and for the Christians that don't trust evolution I've written an awful guide to understanding evolution :D

Day 1:
So first the big happened, right? That's the scenario we'll be taking should God not exist. From this big bang the first thing to be produced would be light. Then all the galaxies and solar systems would form.

Day 2:
Eventually, you'd get to Earth. Once, all the rock had formed I suppose the gaseous remains would linger around it. I don't know I'm not a scientist. However, if I'm right we could refer to these 'gaseous remains as...maybe...air or sky because it's not all oxygen, right?

Day 3:
Now, if there was an overabundance of 'sky' part of it would become dense, maybe forming a liquid (as the rain cycle suggests). What if there was a serious amount of precipitation? I suppose a entire seas would form. Apparently not enough though to engulf the land that clearly remains (but don't ask me, ask Noah xD). Is water a sustainable environment for bacteria to grow? If I recall what happened to my pool when the filter died, I'm thinking "yes". Luckily, the problem was sorted out quickly and the all the mossy, fungusy junk was removed. I wonder what would happen if we it wasn't sorted out though...what if we allowed it to grow? It could have become a pleasant vegetation. Is that what happened with the oceans in the beginning of time? No idea.

Day 4:
Anyway, I suppose while all that bacteria was forming (evolution takes a long time, right?) other planets were forming, Earth picked up a sexy Moon to chill with the Sun finally became a yellow dwarf (or was it too soon for that, I'm not an astronomer either -.-'). Was it enough time for the light from other stars to reach Earth?

Day 5:
Maybe it took so long that by the end of it the bacteria in the ocean had evolved into fish. They're fairly simple creatures...in my eyes anyway (also delicious). Birds are also delicious ^_^ ...and in a way just as simple.

Day 6:
Just so you know, I'm so bad at evolution that I hardly know the basics so I'm going out on a limb here by saying land animals would be the next in the evolution process??? Of course, by default, man would be next :P

END

That about sums it up I hope >.>
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#71New Post! Oct 16, 2009 @ 05:15:51
@04EXCURSION Said

how are you gonna compare Evolution to the Bible?

V.S.

Ones good for reading...the other is good for hopping curbs and driving through lawns to run over Jehova witnesses.....One talks about death and firey rain...The other gets you laid...At this point and time I chose the EVO...But I still love God.
PussyKat On February 24, 2010

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#72New Post! Feb 22, 2010 @ 02:24:01
Both are wrong. 8)
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#73New Post! Feb 22, 2010 @ 02:35:30
I think God drives an Evolution!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5