What does in God

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#31New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 11:55:59
@Reviso Said

No justice, no peace. We 're supposed to be after peace. Man that way is in God's image.

God want's peace?
Then why set Satan as opposer?

Mental peace is for those who have perfected law.

We are not there yet and have not put those laws on God's lips.

Note how adherence to dogma has stalled that process.
Christian dogma demands inequality and thus injustice.

Lilith must reign before justice is done.

Regards
DL
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 12:15:04
@chaski Said

Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 have a bit of a contradiction as to the timing of creation. Some christians have invented a kind of circular-slippery slope set of arguments and reasonings to explain the conflict between Gen 1 & Gen 2... Personally I find it comical.

What conflict? Maybe you can explain that tome because I just re-read it, and find no conflict at all.

The first 4 verses are simply a very brief summary of Chapter 1 summary of Chapter 1. Whereas the rest of the chapter simply expands on the 6th day.

No contradictions, no conflicts. Maybe it would have been easier for you to understand had the writer put the first four verses as part of Chapter 1 and started Chapter 2 at verse 5?

True Chapter 1:11 says "And God went on to say: “Let the earth cause grass to shoot forth, vegetation bearing seed, fruit trees yielding fruit according to their kinds, the seed of which is in it, upon the earth.” And it came to be so. " and Chapter 2:5 says "Now there was as yet no bush of the field found in the earth and no vegetation of the field was as yet sprouting, because Jehovah God had not made it rain upon the earth and there was no man to cultivate the ground." but is that a contradiction?

The first scripture mentions only grass and fruit trees, none of which need much in the way of cultivation. The second example talks of the "bush of the field" implying plants that require care, something which was also implied by the statement that there was "no man to cultivate the ground."

In fact the two verses are talking about two separate and non- contradictory things. First the "wild vegetation" needed to stabilise the atmosphere and next the "cultivated plants" needed for food.

I don't know what other explanations you have been given, but that is simply the obvious and logical explanation of it. Again, no contradiction simply two unrealated events.

Please tell me, where is the contradiction in that?

Banned

#33New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 12:44:00
@GreatestIam2 Said

God want's peace?
Then why set Satan as opposer?

You see this is what makes me wonder about your sanity at times. What on earth makes you think God set Satan as an opposer? If you got even remotely close to knowing and understanding God you would know that could never be. Not a chance. Given free will as all were do you not think it is possible that he did that all by himself?

@GreatestIam2 Said

Mental peace is for those who have perfected law.

Again a weird understanding. Mental and emotional peace are for those who have no need for law any longer, those for whom principle is enough, those who have learned to know God and Christ. Once you know them there is no need for fear any more.

@GreatestIam2 Said

We are not there yet and have not put those laws on God's lips.

Note how adherence to dogma has stalled that process.
Christian dogma demands inequality and thus injustice.

Christian principle actually demands the exact opposite. True Christians are all of them equal before God, no matter what responsibility they hold in the Congregations.

@GreatestIam2 Said

Lilith must reign before justice is done.

Regards
DL

Lol, Lilith really is a myth.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#34New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 12:52:14
@GreatestIam2 Said

That has not been my experience with Jews.
Most I speak with are quite bright compared to other religions.
More Gnostic and not stuck in dogma.

Regards
DL

I am glad to hear this. I agree.. mostly... just personally haven''t many that know the Lilith story. It is actually a pretty cool story... IMO.

Ottawa, Canada
#35New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 13:44:24
@chaski Said

I am glad to hear this. I agree.. mostly... just personally haven''t many that know the Lilith story. It is actually a pretty cool story... IMO.

Lilith represents democracy while Eve represents a male dominated society.

We know what Christianity chose.

Regards
DL
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#36New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 13:47:16
@GreatestIam2 Said

Lilith represents democracy while Eve represents a male dominated society.

We know what Christianity chose.

Regards
DL

Yes. Young dumb pretty and aims to please....

I mean a male dominated universe led by a supreme dictator with a big white beard.

Ottawa, Canada
#37New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 13:49:38
@MadCornishBiker Said

Christian principle actually demands the exact opposite. True Christians are all of them equal before God, no matter what responsibility they hold in the Congregations.

Lol, Lilith really is a myth.

Yes. Just like the rest of the bible.

As to your first.

Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Yep. That RULE part sure promotes equality.

Regards
DL

Banned

#38New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 13:56:11
@GreatestIam2 Said

Yes. Just like the rest of the bible.

As to your first.

Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Yep. That RULE part sure promotes equality.

Regards
DL

Yeah, I agree, though that is not something that God purposed simply a prediction of how things would go since they threw perfection away.

The point is that all were created equal, it is Adamic sin that has changed that. However since Christ, the Christian Congregations have all supposedly been trying to work towards that perfection again. Just think about Jesus and how he treated all his followers as equals,

You often mention the Jews it seems, well how about this Rabinnical prayer.

I thank you Lord that you made me as I am, and not as a slave, an animal or a woman. Now that's inequality.
Yodogs On December 26, 2023

Sturgis, South Dakota
#39New Post! Apr 04, 2012 @ 00:07:37
@Reviso Said

No justice, no peace. We 're supposed to be after peace. Man that way is in God's image.

Exactly!
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#40New Post! Apr 04, 2012 @ 14:24:30
@Yodogs Said

Exactly!

Watch out though for the failure for searching for a goals which is a platitude, hopeless desires of hypocrites, deceivers, and merely conscience seekers. The problem is still the image of God I mean in aesthetics of the modern times. The more interesting may be the insatiable search for justice. Man will excuse the priority of justice, theoretical and practical against each other at greater wishes than anything he will will.

Peace is either not willed OR willed to the common Will of many.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs