What does in God

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#16New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:22:58
@MadCornishBiker Said

Well, no, you wouldn't, you argue against everything that makes any sense.

You did not view the link.

Not surprising as it would cause you to think and that would hurt.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#17New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:25:18
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Strip away the mythology and the anthropomorphic God, and there's pretty profound Truth there.

Fill us in on this profound truth.

Regards
DL
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#18New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 16:28:11
@GreatestIam2 Said

I have no idea of what you are trying to say here.
It must be because I am French.

Regards
DL

God in man's image offers more justice than man in God's image. I am German. C'est tout.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#20New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 17:47:03
@GreatestIam2 Said

Fill us in on this profound truth.

Regards
DL

Morality is born of self-awareness. Those creatures that have it are able, even forced, to put themselves in other's shoes and thus know how they see things. This is perfectly symbolized in A&E's acquisition of self-awareness by eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Some dude way back then was wise millennia beyond his years.

It was put upon latter day evangelists to claim that this event was original sin with which we all are born. This is another bit of evil attached to the Bible. We are all born innocent, then develop self-awareness on our own at around 2 years old. I'm sure there have been some (many?) who've made it through life without transgressing on the rights of others, which is the only immorality. Sex, of itself, is not a sin, as the dogma of Original Sin would have us believe. That is the evil.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 18:13:26
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Morality is born of self-awareness. Those creatures that have it are able, even forced, to put themselves in other's shoes and thus know how they see things. This is perfectly symbolized in A&E's acquisition of self-awareness by eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Some dude way back then was wise millennia beyond his years.

Eating the "forbidden fruit" did not cause self awareness, it caused Adam and Eve to feel guilty about things they had no reason to feel guilty about. They were completely self aware before that,just not so concerned about what was right and what wasn't, they had no need to be until they created that need for themselves.

@ThePainefulTruth Said

It was put upon latter day evangelists to claim that this event was original sin with which we all are born. This is another bit of evil attached to the Bible. We are all born innocent, then develop self-awareness on our own at around 2 years old. I'm sure there have been some (many?) who've made it through life without transgressing on the rights of others, which is the only immorality. Sex, of itself, is not a sin, as the dogma of Original Sin would have us believe. That is the evil.

Yes, that was the rather distorted idea of "original sin" but how on earth could something they were commanded by God to do (i. e. go forth and multiply) ever be a sin. It could only eb a sin if abused rather then used. A bit like alcohol I guess.

No there was sin around before that, and before Adam and Even ever sampled the fruit. The first sin, the original sin, was committed by the "original serpent" Satan the devil.

According to that some say that original sin is lying, because Satan told the first lie t Eve, however others argue that the original sin was his rebellion against God's orders which resulted in his telling that lie.

Judge for yourself.

Ottawa, Canada
#22New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 21:15:15
@Reviso Said

God in man's image offers more justice than man in God's image. I am German. C'est tout.

La je te conprend.

I agree.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#24New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 21:25:23
@ThePainefulTruth Said

+ 1

We are on the same page. Thanks.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#25New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 21:28:04
@MadCornishBiker Said

Eating the "forbidden fruit" did not cause self awareness, it caused Adam and Eve to feel guilty about things they had no reason to feel guilty about. They were completely self aware before that,just not so concerned about what was right and what wasn't, they had no need to be until they created that need for themselves.

Yes, that was the rather distorted idea of "original sin" but how on earth could something they were commanded by God to do (i. e. go forth and multiply) ever be a sin. It could only eb a sin if abused rather then used. A bit like alcohol I guess.

No there was sin around before that, and before Adam and Even ever sampled the fruit. The first sin, the original sin, was committed by the "original serpent" Satan the devil.

According to that some say that original sin is lying, because Satan told the first lie t Eve, however others argue that the original sin was his rebellion against God's orders which resulted in his telling that lie.

Judge for yourself.

If Satan was in Eden and was cast out for sin, who sinned first?

Talk your way out of your own box.

Regards
DL
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#26New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 21:39:40
@GreatestIam2 Said

Hmm. 2.

BTW, in Genesis one, A & E are created at the same time but Christians do not mention Lilith.

No equality allowed for Christian women.

Regards
DL

Yes.

Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 have a bit of a contradiction as to the timing of creation. Some christians have invented a kind of circular-slippery slope set of arguments and reasonings to explain the conflict between Gen 1 & Gen 2... Personally I find it comical.

Lilith!?

Most christians have never heard of LIlith or they think it has to do with a music concert tour put on by Sarah McLachlan.

I have never even met a Jew who knew about Lilith... kind of odd to my way to thinking.
alex_simms On April 30, 2020

Glastonbury, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 06:43:46
I have never even met a Jew who knew about Lilith...

I grew up in a Jewish community and went to Jewish schools growing up.
Certainly those of us interested in mysticism and or mythology have heard of Lillith, but it was not taught in the manin stream.

I think(stretching my memoey here) I first remember her when reading the Zohar and tales of Jewish folklaw.
Yodogs On December 26, 2023

Sturgis, South Dakota
#28New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 07:10:44
@Reviso Said

Ich stimme mit Reviso, tut es mehr Gerechtigkeit in dieser Weise. Ich bin Deutscher, so wie du gerade.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#29New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 07:42:52
@Yodogs Said

Ich stimme mit Reviso, tut es mehr Gerechtigkeit in dieser Weise. Ich bin Deutscher, so wie du gerade.

No justice, no peace. We 're supposed to be after peace. Man that way is in God's image.

Ottawa, Canada
#30New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 11:49:19
@chaski Said

Yes.

Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 have a bit of a contradiction as to the timing of creation. Some christians have invented a kind of circular-slippery slope set of arguments and reasonings to explain the conflict between Gen 1 & Gen 2... Personally I find it comical.

Lilith!?

Most christians have never heard of LIlith or they think it has to do with a music concert tour put on by Sarah McLachlan.

I have never even met a Jew who knew about Lilith... kind of odd to my way to thinking.

That has not been my experience with Jews.
Most I speak with are quite bright compared to other religions.
More Gnostic and not stuck in dogma.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs