The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Art & Literature:
Writing

Chapter 8 of my book "esc"- I just may finish this bugger.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#1New Post! Oct 12, 2009 @ 11:16:46
Some of you have read part of my book "esc". The main character is Jessie James and someone is trying to kill her. This is a small section where it tells what has been going on between her husband and herself. She has gotten involved with a man on a forum and is frightened by him. He has a very dark past which she must uncover. In this chapter Jessie remembers what went wrong with her marriage and why she can't get rid of her anger, even after ten years. Has she gotten in over her head? I'm not going to post any more of it, tonight I got going and it's about done. Now to get it past my editor.

Chapter 8
Jessie had invited Jake to come home years ago, but she hadn?t really invited him back into her life.
He?d lied, lost everything, deceived her, and it wasn?t his first time in rehab. The only way she found out was the day he came crashing down the stairs. He?d broken his arm when he tried to get in Jimmy?s room and fell down the stairs. At the time she was taking Xanax for her nerves, and was curious when she?d run out too soon. Blaming her memory, she let it go. Jake had been stealing them when he couldn?t sleep after getting high. She knew something was wrong, but couldn?t pinpoint the problem. Too ill from trying to get diagnosed and keeping her job, Jessie slept half of the time. Poor Jimmy was such a great son, he hadn?t deserved this. He told her constantly that she was a good mom, but she knew she wasn?t ?right?. Desperate for help, she let Jake?s behavior slide.
When the ambulance came, they took Jake away and in his stupor he admitted to everything. He?d been bleeding their accounts for months and only with the help of her mother was Jessie getting by.
Jake?s parents decided to disown him, but in doing so disowned Jessie and Jimmy, refusing them any help. It was their son, she hadn?t made herself ill, he?d hurt everyone around her. She never felt more betrayed in her life. This was the only time she had been glad that her father had died; he would have killed Jake and never blinked. Daddy adored his little girl, and his loss when she was still in her thirties and Jimmy was under five almost destroyed her. She remembered until the day that he died the words her father in law said at the funeral. He pointed at Jimmy and then at the coffin, and said, ?If you think I?m filling in where he left off, forget it.? Jessie just glared at him and walked away. When he died later of Altzheimer?s she felt no sadness at all, he was a selfish, mean man. She began to realize that Jake?s past with him was very complicated and was perhaps the root of the problem. Jake was ninety percent his sweet mother and ten per cent his dad. She could never tolerate it when Jake turned into his father.
Every time he did drugs, that was who erupted; it was one ugly picture. Jessie?s feelings would soften and she?d try to understand. Still, what about her feelings? Did she matter at all? Jessie would just sit down and sob, trying to put the past in the past.
How was she supposed to forget all of this, it wasn?t fair? Jake went into outpatient rehab, he couldn?t drive with a broken wrist and he had lost all access to any money. He wasn?t fired, so little did the family know that Jake intended to return to the scene of his crime. He went to meetings and counseling, saying all the right things. She knew it was a lie. Her mother was furious and could barely look at her. Jimmy wanted his father thrown out, she just wanted to run away. How could she start from scratch, she could barely get out of bed ? With the help of a wonderful doctor, they finally diagnosed her and treatment started. Hope was finally starting to cross her mind. That was fleeting, because the minute Jake?s therapy ended, he went back to ?the Job.? He was working as a paramedic for an ambulance company in a very drug infested part of Philadelphia. It didn?t take long before the signs began to show. He?d shower when he came home leaving his smelly coat on the porch, the car was always being towed home because he ran out of gas. He was cold, aloof and indifferent. He barely noticed his family and this time Jessie got ?balls.? He came home one night to find his clothes on the front porch. Not arguing, he loaded her beautiful Audi and took off. She didn?t hear a word for three days and was left with a horrible purple car, she had bought for Jimmy to get to school. Times were desperate and she had hit bottom.
Nanook On January 14, 2010

Banned

In hell, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 12, 2009 @ 11:30:53
I wish I could do a story like this
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#3New Post! Oct 12, 2009 @ 12:04:06
Well done! You should have no problems whatever; held my attention all the way through.
xTeddyx On April 30, 2012
Teddy Hugs

On my mind, Georgia
#4New Post! Oct 12, 2009 @ 12:21:33
I have missed so many chapter that I guess I will just have to buy the book
Liquefied On November 21, 2009

Deleted

Bartonville,
#5New Post! Oct 13, 2009 @ 01:39:15
Good luck getting it past your editor, Jazz. You know how they are. Lots of thoughts in this piece. Good job!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs