Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

the MAN destroyed my school

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
theCATthatdidntDIE On February 13, 2011

Columbus, Florida
#1New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 07:49:40
I went to an amazing magnet school. where the stressed point was self directed learning. it never had a drug problem, it never had fights, we called our teachers by their first names as a sign of mutual respect, we were allowed to do many things that normal school couldnt, why? because we earned the right by not causing trouble. we were free, and producing incredibly productive members of society. people took our ideas and ran with them, such as senior project that helped the world, or rather our city.

but we were free, practically self governing, and a new principal was needed. she tried to create rules that didnt work with the core curriculum that was the foundation of the school, and the students rose in protest, peaceful protest, sarcastic protest, the perfect protesting. and it worked. so she had to split, but they came with 2 more. and war ensued, the students power was stripped from them, and equality was a lie. the knowledge was once again passed from someone "better" to the "dumb". the schools founding ideals have died, and they will never return. it just goes to show that in situations, power is never shared, and nothing gold can stay.

some of you who are reading this may now know who i am, i ask that you not out me, and i will see you june 5
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs