Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#1New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 01:00:13
I was pissed. This is an ambush movie from the get-go. I saw none of this in the synopses or trailers--made worse by the fact that it was so **incredibly** over the top once your butt was in the seat and the movie started. It's like Avatar only without the innovative graphics and with the propaganda meter buried into the peg. I'm certain even the parents who're in the tank for every anti-evil-greedy-capitalist piece of crap that comes along saw through this, but I'm just as sure they figured it was worth it for the cause--brainwashing their children that is. It's been going on for 10,000 years for one faux cause or another.

I did rate it above a zero for the music in spite of the fact that it's singing the same tune; after all, some great music used to be written for the church too.

Need to put the Lorax, Danny DeVito, Zac Efron and (it hurts me to add her but she gotta go) Taylor Swift in the choir there. Not sure what Sara Palin's doing there (but I can guess), and Condoleezza Rice appears to have vampire fangs(????). Whatever, the rest is Mastercard priceless.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#2New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 01:02:06
I knew you'd hate this one.

However, Geisel knew what he was warning all of us about. More and more species are becoming extinct, and at a faster rate, because of humans. It's a fact.

As far as the movie, some of it was touching, especially the end, but it certainly doesn't belong in the best of the animation lot. By far.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#3New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 01:43:30
I guess that someone didn't read the book before seeing the movie.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#4New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 01:52:16
@Leon Said

I knew you'd hate this one.

So how did you rate it?

Quote:
However, Geisel knew what he was warning all of us about. More and more species are becoming extinct, and at a faster rate, because of humans. It's a fact.

Yeah, "facts" that got trashed in the UN-UK email expose, and by polar bear studies. The wost part of the movie, politically, is the villain capitalist who wants dirtier air so he can sell more of his air. Christ-a-mighty, you actually buying that?!? Children are going go to be growing up believing that s***--and you're here cheering them on.

Quote:
As far as the movie, some of it was touching, especially the end, but it certainly doesn't belong in the best of the animation lot. By far.

We're talking trees here, a renewable resource, not fuzzy, loveable fuzzball animated trees. This amounts to Truth vs money.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#5New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 02:02:00
@boxerdc Said

I guess that someone didn't read the book before seeing the movie.

No s***, a 1970's kids book; like that has anything to do with the propaganda in this current rendition which stands on its own--whatever the original said. BTW, it was almost certainly the kiddy version of Rachael Carson's Silent Spring which started this whole environmental "crisis"! Yes things needed to be done to correct it, and they have been, for those who care to look at the issue honestly.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#6New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 02:06:33
My daughter went with her class to see it. She loved it! My son, they watched the original at school, since it wasn't his day at school when the certain grades had the school trip to the theater. Their school has been doing projects and such on recycling and the environment for a few months now, so they included the movie as part of the project.

Low and behold, the kids didn't go on and on about it the way you have TPT. They just thought it was a funny movie. Go figure, kids liking a movie.

@ThePainefulTruth Said

I was pissed. This is an ambush movie from the get-go. I saw none of this in the synopses or trailers

You must not have seen all of them, or as Boxer said, never read the book. Of even the ORIGINAL movie from 1972. Quick synopsis: A ruined industrialist tells his tale of his environmentally self destructive greed despite the warnings of an old forest creature.

The only trailer I saw states quiet openly what it is about.

I've never seen one person so upset about a kids movie, a Dr. Seuss one at that, based on a book, published in 1971.

It may be just me, but if I saw a 49yr old man at the theater, watching a KIDS movie, without their own child, or grandchild or niece/nephew, I'd be creeped out. Since you didn't mention that you took someone of the appropriate age to see it, I'm only guessing here.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#7New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 02:10:01
@ThePainefulTruth Said

No s***, a 1970's kids book; like that has anything to do with the propaganda in this current rendition which stands on its own--whatever the original said. BTW, it was almost certainly the kiddy version of Rachael Carson's Silent Spring which started this whole environmental "crisis"! Yes things needed to be done to correct it, and they have been, for those who care to look at the issue honestly.

Good; is this nationalistic for England? I had a George Orwell reference I should have done last night. George Orwell loved the South Kensington area. Yeah...

Deleted

#8New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 02:21:38
@Dark_Tink Said

It may be just me, but if I saw a 49yr old man at the theater, watching a KIDS movie, without their own child, or grandchild or niece/nephew, I'd be creeped out. Since you didn't mention that you took someone of the appropriate age to see it, I'm only guessing here.

He's actually quite a bit older than 49.. if that makes it even creepier..
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#9New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 02:45:47
@Dark_Tink Said

My daughter went with her class to see it. She loved it!

The objective of indoctrination.

Quote:
My son, they watched the original at school, since it wasn't his day at school when the certain grades had the school trip to the theater. Their school has been doing projects and such on recycling and the environment for a few months now, so they included the movie as part of the project.

Yes, but recycling and protecting the environment are what the capitalists want as well--despite what movies such as this would like us to believe. The movie portrayed the bad guy "capitalist" as wanting dirtier air so he could sell more of his. That's crap to be feeding to 7 year-olds.

Quote:
Low and behold, the kids didn't go on and on about it the way you have TPT.

Of course not, they're kids, watching a movie, which for them is even a more a relevant Truth than what their parents tell them.

Quote:
or as Boxer said, never read the book. Of even the movie from 1972.

Quote:
So what, Rachel Carson's influence wasnt't maxed out then?

Quote:
Quick synopsis: A ruined industrialist tells his tale of his environmentally self destructive greed despite the warnings of an old forest creature.

And this is different from propaganda how?

Quote:
The only trailer I saw states quiet openly what it is about.

The trailer that I saw, and that I'm sure most people say, didn't. It only takes one example.

Quote:
I've never seen one person so upset about a kids movie, a Dr. Seuss one at that, based on a book, published in 1971.

It doesn't matter what was published in 1971 so much as what the indoctrination put out this weekend.

Quote:

Yes, I was concerned about such prejudice, but since I neither desired to nor attempted any such molestation, what do you want me to say? That I'm wrong? No way. The proof of your self-serving accusation is on you, as well as the refutation of my accusations of pedophelic indoctrination.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#10New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 02:50:27
Seriously, have you never even heard of the Lorax? The Lorax is an environmentalist's environmentalist. What the hell did you expect him to do in the movie? Make fun of global warming climatologists?
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#11New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 02:54:35
@boxerdc Said

He's actually quite a bit older than 49.. if that makes it even creepier..

Whatever the case, you're accusing me of something that is entirely false. But of course, liberals aren't concerned with the Truth, only indoctrination and obfuscation. Which is worse, creepy or evil? I submit, based on your accusations here, that you don't knot the difference.

Looks like Soros is down to the third or fourth string. Gotta feel proud 'bout that.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#12New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 02:58:08
@jonnythan Said

Seriously, have you never even heard of the Lorax? The Lorax is an environmentalist's environmentalist. What the hell did you expect him to do in the movie? Make fun of global warming climatologists?

Didn't know It (capitalized to show It's equivalence with God) was an environmentalist. But if I had, how would that have changed anything?

Deleted

#13New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 02:58:17
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Which is worse, creepy or evil?

Creepy is far far worse.. I'd be willing to bet that you made peoples skin crawl sitting there alone.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#14New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 03:00:05
@ThePainefulTruth Said

So how did you rate it?

2 out of 5 stars.

@ThePainefulTruth Said
Yeah, "facts" that got trashed in the UN-UK email expose, and by polar bear studies. The wost part of the movie, politically, is the villain capitalist who wants dirtier air so he can sell more of his air. Christ-a-mighty, you actually buying that?!? Children are going go to be growing up believing that s***--and you're here cheering them on.

I don't see global warming in any part of my statement, nor anything about what capitalists are specifically doing, so you're on your own this time with all that.

All I stated was that human activity has caused species to become extinct. Are you denying this?

@ThePainefulTruth Said

We're talking trees here, a renewable resource, not fuzzy, loveable fuzzball animated trees. This amounts to Truth vs money.

The touching part that I was referring to was the reconciliation the Once-ler had with the Lorax at the end. It was heartwarming.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#15New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 03:01:35
@ThePainefulTruth Said

No s***, a 1970's kids book; like that has anything to do with the propaganda in this current rendition which stands on its own-- whatever the original said. BTW, it was almost certainly the kiddy version of Rachael Carson's Silent Spring which started this whole environmental "crisis"! Yes things needed to be done to correct it, and they have been, for those who care to look at the issue honestly.

Looks like you're right Boxer.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs