iTunes

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
angelicsin666 On May 11, 2008

teesside, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 14:28:50
does anybody actually like iTunes?

i think it would be faaaar easier to drag and drop files into the iPod like any othe MP3 player. i mean the files are all organised on my computer but to organise them in the same way on my Ipod id need to create loads of playlists which would take forver!

also if you didnt have to convert everything to the iPod format, would save time. its a chre putting new songs on my iPod cuz of bloody itunes!

but i love everything else about the iPod lol, just a shame about iTunes really.
operaghost On June 13, 2008

Long Island, New York
#2New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 14:30:37
I don't love it... I used to use another program but when I had to get a new computer I lost the program (i had a pirated copy.. shh!).

I reallu don't even shop on the iTunes.. I just use it to add my music. Sure it's good for a few things.. but you can find other programs that do the same (minus the shopping part).
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 14:32:26
I dig iTunes.

If you really want to simply drag and drop, then install RockBox on your iPod. No more iTunes.
https://www.rockbox.org/

I much prefer the way iTunes automatically syncs my music with my iPod. All I do is plug the iPod in and it automatically gets the latest podcasts, syncs all the album art, gets new songs, etc.

Songs do not have to get converted to "iPod format." I don't know what you mean by that. There is no such thing as "iPod format" for music. iPods directly support MP3s, no conversion necessary.

It sounds like you're unhappy that you have to organize everything twice. That's not iTunes' fault. The time you spent organizing things on your computer could have just as easily been spent organizing the songs in iTunes.

teesside, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 14:36:02
my itunes converts wmas into an AAC format tahts what i meant lol.
marriemarymaria On December 21, 2007

mansfield, Pennsylvania
#5New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 14:36:08
I love itunes! but it can be a pain in the butt sometimes I had the same organizing problem.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 14:38:44
Bah, why do you have WMAs? Are you using Windows Media Player to rip or something?

You should have your music in MP3 format. WMAs are less compatible and must be converted to AAC format for use on your iPod. Rip your music in MP3 format and there is no conversion necessary. Or just rip your music straight to AAC using iTunes.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 14:39:03
I don't actually have an ipod myself as I prefer my creative zen, but when my brother bought an ipod and installed itunes onto my computer I started to get really pissed off I spent most of the evening listening to music on windows media player and if someone sent me a song over msn (which was pretty often) I would click the link to open the new song, and it would open with itunes, so I had 2 songs playing at once. It drove me crazy!

teesside, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 14:40:56
@jonnythan Said
Bah, why do you have WMAs? Are you using Windows Media Player to rip or something?

You should have your music in MP3 format. WMAs are less compatible and must be converted to AAC format for use on your iPod. Rip your music in MP3 format and there is no conversion necessary. Or just rip your music straight to AAC using iTunes.

i know but i like music on my computer as well as in itunes. so i can make cds n stuff. i think i changed the settings to rip to mp3 instead of wma but the dvd data disks i put on my new comp were in wma format so yeah, had to be converted.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 14:42:11
Just be sure to rip any new music directly to MP3. You will never have to convert it to anything ever. MP3s work in all music programs and all portable music players, including iPods. WMA and AAC only work in some programs and some music players. MP3 works everywhere.

teesside, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 14:46:52
@jonnythan Said
Just be sure to rip any new music directly to MP3. You will never have to convert it to anything ever. MP3s work in all music programs and all portable music players, including iPods. WMA and AAC only work in some programs and some music players. MP3 works everywhere.

so is it only the wmas that are converted then? hmmm well it there any way to convert the wmas on the computer into mp3 before i put them in itunes?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#11New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 14:50:51
iTunes does not directly support WMA, so any WMA files must be converted to either AAC or MP3 to work in iTunes.

There are a billion programs that will convert WMA to MP3. I think that iTunes itself can do it.

There's a program called Switch that is really easy to use and free that you can use though:
https://nch.com.au/switch/
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#12New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 14:51:36
@x_laura_x Said
I don't actually have an ipod myself as I prefer my creative zen, but when my brother bought an ipod and installed itunes onto my computer I started to get really pissed off I spent most of the evening listening to music on windows media player and if someone sent me a song over msn (which was pretty often) I would click the link to open the new song, and it would open with itunes, so I had 2 songs playing at once. It drove me crazy!

right click -> Open with -> search for whatever music player you want it to play in, and select it -> click the box that says somthing like "allways use this program for this format" or somthing like that -> then hit ok
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#13New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 14:53:09
Actually, yes, iTunes is perfectly happy converting to MP3 instead of AAC:

https://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93123

Basically, you just go into options and select "Convert selection to MP3" instead of "Convert selection to AAC."

teesside, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 15:00:17
okies thank you jonnythan
operaghost On June 13, 2008

Long Island, New York
#15New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 15:02:14
@jonnythan Said

For some unforsaken reason my fiance burned a good chunk of his CD's onto my hard drive through Windows Media... I wanted to kill him.
But now when I added all my music into my library I simply didn't have his converted. I told him if he wants it on my iPod he can burn them all back on the computer in the proper format.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs