Science

iPod/iTunes question

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#1New Post! Jul 13, 2009 @ 15:16:20
So if I get a new iPod.. how do I ensure that I get to keep all my music videos instead of going through the drama and despair of loosing all 886 songs and 12 videos and pleading to iTunes to give them back only getting a few back?

My problem last time was I got a new PC and plugged in my iPod, hit Sync, and everything was lost.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Jul 13, 2009 @ 15:18:57
I dunno how you lost everything before, but you should just plug in the new iPod and go.
ThrillHouse On August 07, 2009

gold coast, Australia
#3New Post! Aug 02, 2009 @ 14:11:05
dont sync with itunes I had this exact prob when my comp crashed lost all my music on the hard drive and if i sync it would erase my ipod so heres what to do to save all your music you could symply download a program called POD to PC or u could just open up my computer go to ur ipod open it then when in the ipod go to the view tab then folder options and change the settings so you can see hidden and system files (remember to change it back when ur done u dont want to delete any system files by accident). You should now in the ipod folder see a heap of folders labeled F00, F01 and so on. Your music is in there it is not named though, all the songs will be labeled with four letters or numbers dont worry just copy them to ur new itunes and u can put it on a new pod. all the songs should get there names back once in itunes. If those folders did not appear you must have an IPOD touch or IPHONE If you have one of these this wont work I found the best program for this is IphoneBrowser find the prog through google sorry i forgot the addy, its free so dont worry, once you have the program close itunes when you plug in ur Ipod and open IphoneBrowser in the left panel go to the music folder and copy it to ur hdd, make sure u choose a destination folder otherwise u wont find them. that should be it any probs message me with an email addy and ill send the program. good luck.

gold coast, Australia
#4New Post! Aug 02, 2009 @ 14:12:59
Lol just hope u still hav ur music when i write this.
Carly's Mommy

#5New Post! Aug 02, 2009 @ 14:13:35
@ThrillHouse Said

dont sync with itunes I had this exact prob when my comp crashed lost all my music on the hard drive and if i sync it would erase my ipod so heres what to do to save all your music you could symply download a program called POD to PC or u could just open up my computer go to ur ipod open it then when in the ipod go to the view tab then folder options and change the settings so you can see hidden and system files (remember to change it back when ur done u dont want to delete any system files by accident). You should now in the ipod folder see a heap of folders labeled F00, F01 and so on. Your music is in there it is not named though, all the songs will be labeled with four letters or numbers dont worry just copy them to ur new itunes and u can put it on a new pod. all the songs should get there names back once in itunes. If those folders did not appear you must have an IPOD touch or IPHONE If you have one of these this wont work I found the best program for this is IphoneBrowser find the prog through google sorry i forgot the addy, its free so dont worry, once you have the program close itunes when you plug in ur Ipod and open IphoneBrowser in the left panel go to the music folder and copy it to ur hdd, make sure u choose a destination folder otherwise u wont find them. that should be it any probs message me with an email addy and ill send the program. good luck.

So I do this even when I get a brand new iPod?
I can't just plug the brand new one in?

Cuz I should be getting a new one Monday or Tuesday, and I have iTunes still all together.

gold coast, Australia
#6New Post! Aug 02, 2009 @ 14:17:28
no thats fine just plug ur ipod in I was under the impression that u had lost the itunes, thought u got a new computer. so no thats fine if all ur music is there just plug the new ipod in and sync.
Carly's Mommy

#7New Post! Aug 02, 2009 @ 14:23:45
@ThrillHouse Said

no thats fine just plug ur ipod in I was under the impression that u had lost the itunes, thought u got a new computer. so no thats fine if all ur music is there just plug the new ipod in and sync.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

Yeah I did go through that though.

I got this new PC in Feb. and I thought if I plugged in my iPod it would be fine. I was horrible wrong.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs