Young Kids of today

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
myk1992 On August 01, 2011

Deleted

Tired out shack :), United Kin
#1New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 14:56:24
It has occurred to me today why the older generations are always moaning about how young people aren't what they used to be.

I was walking down the road today in the nearby town and a group of kids, no older than about 12-13, decided to start shouting abuse, and just giving it major, what the hell is up with that, I remember when I was around that age, I used to be scared of anyone older than me.
Looks like another case of bad parenting or do you think this is society's fault?

P.s. Yes I know that I am only 17 so don't really have a voice in this matter as I am apparently still only a minor but still, is it right for little 13year old brats to be wandering around causing problems for everyone.
Also I know that not all kids that age are as bad as what I have described.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 14:58:34
No I agree, in recent years it's got really bad, round here it has anyways! I wouldn't have done anything like that when I was 13!
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#3New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:02:27
Where I live I learned a while back that where there's a 12 or 13 year old giving you a hard time, just around the corner he/she has many friends of various ages...

To be very fair, not all teens behave like that, but in some areas they are the majority. What do you think is causing them to become like this at such a young age??
claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:06:03
You do have a voice in the matter, 17 or not. I've encountered quite a lot of the behaviour you've described and given myself a sore head wondering why it happens and how to change it. I think there are a lot of different factors: bad and/or indifferent parenting doesn't help but I do know some decent people with horrible kids who are tearing their hair out with worry. Some television programmes, films and computer games can also be held partially responsible because of unsuitable content. The fact that parents have to be so constrained in their disciplinary actions, as do the police force and schools, has led some kids to behave as they like with impunity. I know not all kids are like it and some of them have pretty s***ty backgrounds but some of them do what they do because they can. My daughter says she wishes there was more for kids her age to do and that may be one way of ameliorating the situation. Too many criteria to make this a simple matter, I suppose.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#5New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:08:47
Are you even old enough to have a lawn to order kids off?
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#6New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:09:16
All too many kids & teens are getting mouthier. I have come across a few that act respectfully around adults. The majority are just rude and crass. A lot of the fault goes to parenting. If they grow up in a home where the parents are loud, rude and obnoxious, they tend to follow suit. If they are not taught proper manners, it shows in public. Now not all kids & teens fall under that scenario but normally they live what they learn.
A few months back, just when I thought all kids in my area were completely lost of politeness and good behavior a teen boy held a door open for me when I entered the Mall and another waved me through (when I was driving) at crosswalk when I had stopped and waited for him to cross.

*fingers crossed* Here's hoping not all kids & teens have become totally ignorant.
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#7New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:14:07
@Dark_Tink Said

All too many kids & teens are getting mouthier. I have come across a few that act respectfully around adults. The majority are just rude and crass. A lot of the fault goes to parenting. If they grow up in a home where the parents are loud, rude and obnoxious, they tend to follow suit. If they are not taught proper manners, it shows in public. Now not all kids & teens fall under that scenario but normally they live what they learn.
A few months back, just when I thought all kids in my area were completely lost of politeness and good behavior a teen boy held a door open for me when I entered the Mall and another waved me through (when I was driving) at crosswalk when I had stopped and waited for him to cross.

*fingers crossed* Here's hoping not all kids & teens have become totally ignorant.

Once again the poor parents take the onus!!

Disagree on the basis that I raised my children to be very respectful of others no matter the age and I didn't yell and scream my head off at them, I talked, showed love, hugged, and that they had to accept consequences to the choices they made in life..

This is another example of no matter how good you parent sometimes the results are NOT what you expect them to be.. Let the kids take the blame for their own behaviors and that's where they'll start changing their ways, keep blaming the parents and the kids will have a cop out for their behaviors for everything they say and do and will NEVER accept responsibility for themselves if they can just throw it on their parents...
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#8New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:15:20
@lilbear Said

Disagree on the basis that I raised my children to be very respectful of others no matter the age and I didn't yell and scream my head of at them, I talked.

Do they stand on the street corner and yell obscenities at passers-by?
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#9New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:18:28
I think its just a few.I dont see that much here
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#10New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:19:00
@lilbear Said

Disagree on the basis that I raised my children to be very respectful of others no matter the age and I didn't yell and scream my head off at them, I talked, showed love, hugged, and that they had to accept consequences to the choices they made in life..

This is another example of no matter how good you parent sometimes the results are NOT what you expect them to be.. Let the kids take the blame for their own behaviors and that's where they'll start changing their ways, keep blaming the parents and the kids will have a cop out for their behaviors for everything they say and do and will NEVER accept responsibility for themselves if they can just throw it on their parents...

I was referring to the parents that are mouthy themselves and think "Why does my kid talk & act that way, they know better" I know that we can't expect our kids to be constantly polite in public all the time...a lot succome to "peer pressure". Heck, even as adults we have our own moments in public.
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#11New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:23:21
@jonnythan Said

Do they stand on the street corner and yell obscenities at passers-by?

NOT when I was around they didn't. They're older now but when they were teens I heard they were very mouthy to others and they got a good talking to and some severe apologizing to the people they did it to if I knew who they were and some grounding and added chores..
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#12New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:24:51
@Dark_Tink Said

I'm sorry! There's two threads on this and I did comment on the other one that in some cases the parents could be the root but not in all cases... I'm confused with the threads now....
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#13New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:25:54
@lilbear Said

NOT when I was around they didn't. They're older now but when they were teens I heard they were very mouthy to others and they got a good talking to and some severe apologizing to the people they did it to if I knew who they were and some grounding and added chores..

Then, if anything, your experience is that good parenting prevents this sort of obscene behavior in teens.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#14New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:26:54
@lilbear Said

I behaved myself whether my parents were around or not...my sister got in trouble one too many times because my parents know everybody on the planet it seems! She got in trouble for things she thought they'd never possibly find out about!

I don't think the blame for children/teenagers acting like fools always falls on the parents shoulders. There are plenty of kids who come from good homes with parents who attempt to teach them manners, and right from wrong and for whatever reason, it doesn't take. But when I see kids acting like punks and their parents sitting their watching it and doing nothing about it, I'm blaming bad parenting every time
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#15New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 15:27:53
@lilbear Said

I'm sorry! There's two threads on this and I did comment on the other one that in some cases the parents could be the root but not in all cases... I'm confused with the threads now....

No worries
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs