Kids today!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
mitzi On November 18, 2007

Essex, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 12:10:45
@treacle Said
Yes. I agree. But what about children who dont have parents? Who are in the care system untill 16? I know you think im splitting hairs but since so many of our kids end up in care now it needs to be thought about. How about the children who do not get on well with their parents? Or perhaps a single parent dad? i wouldnt wanna talk to my dad about sex ed.

And the sad truth is there are alot of parents that simply dont care.

thats a very good point also tracle...

whats the answer then? The Govermant dont give a toss about anything these days
Im glad I raised mine to talk to me about anything (sometimes can get embarasing LOL) and hopefully they will inturn pass that trait onto their children(in later years lol)
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 12:13:05
I have always thought of myself os very fortunate where my parents are concerned.

I have respect for them and they do me. Because of that its allowed me to be brutally honest with them. Some kids, however sad, arent fortunate.

Some families just do not care. They are more worried about the guy three doors down whos selling a pitball staff for ?300 than what there 14 yo is getting up to - that applies for both boys and girls.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#33New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 12:17:56
@treacle Said
Yes. I agree. But what about children who dont have parents? Who are in the care system untill 16? I know you think im splitting hairs but since so many of our kids end up in care now it needs to be thought about. How about the children who do not get on well with their parents? Or perhaps a single parent dad? i wouldnt wanna talk to my dad about sex ed.

And the sad truth is there are alot of parents that simply dont care.

I sadly dont have all the answers. and im sure the system will catch up in society, but im sure a good % of the country will be covered thus reducing the problem. but not solving it. but over time, there will be alot less unwanted pregnancies, less teenage pregnancies etc. so the problem will then over time solve it self. Thats what i reckon.

Family in my opinion should be removed from all government agendas. i seriously feel that the courts are more qualified to deal with the matters, than a government ever changing like the wind on policy.

If people dont have a relationship with there kids where you cant talk to them. then there needs to be some sort of family counciling or you need to review why you cant talk to your kids.

Remeber kids behavior is a reflection of you... according to Trisha the other day.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 12:26:40
I sadly dont have all the answers. and im sure the system will catch up in society, but im sure a good % of the country will be covered thus reducing the problem. but not solving it. but over time, there will be alot less unwanted pregnancies, less teenage pregnancies etc. so the problem will then over time solve it self. Thats what i reckon.

That just sums up this country as a whole I feel. Think about the majority, screw the monorities.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#35New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 12:31:16
@treacle Said

That just sums up this country as a whole I feel. Think about the majority, screw the monorities.

I seriously think it is a the oposite right now. the minority is serviced first.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 12:37:56
Noway. Quick fixes result in the majority of people being dealt with. f*** everyone else.imo.

Essex, United Kingdom
#37New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 14:16:03
onto another worrying aspect of this country, is the rising number of kids killing kids....teen gangs...
veiws and opinions everyone

btw I do realise this is a global worry but it seems that here in the uk in the last few years it has now become fasionable for kids to be in gangs....not to offend but are we becoming more like the USA?
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#38New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 14:23:10
Apparently they recruit now

Essex, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 14:27:36
URL text https://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23402226-details/Police+hit+squads+to+tackle+teen+gangs/article.do

i found this article it was written in June so obviously the figures have grown since! Its just so worrying!

Essex, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 14:28:13
@treacle Said
Apparently they recruit now

That's just terrible!
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#41New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 14:30:16
Yeah the gang members recruit younger, more vunerable kids to do their dirty work. Ie shop lifting, grafitti, fighting etc. That way they cant get the wrap for it.

Essex, United Kingdom
#42New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 15:04:43
Basically it's like a form of bullying , and the younger kids do things because they are scared and dont want to look stupid in front of their peers!!
so very wrong!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs