Law

Vaccination for children: Law or not?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
CCC On March 10, 2014

I am in, Ohio
#1New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 00:44:34
Do you think parents be required by law to vaccinate their children?
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#2New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 00:45:13
No because certain religions do not allow it. I don't agree with not vaccinating, but it is a parents right to say no.
Karma_Junkie On September 18, 2011
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 00:46:30
Ooops I completely miss read that then
But here's my answer, no, it should be a parents choice, but educating on the pro's and cons should be a lot more widely available
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#4New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 00:51:04
Depends on the time. If they're registering for a new school or going to the doctor or something, then yes. But other than that...

When you take a dog to the vet, show, or groomer's, they have to be vaccinate for rabies and distemper. So why not humans?

So yes and no.
Eastender On August 13, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Falkland Islands (Islas Malv
#5New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 00:52:26
@CCC Said

Do you think parents be required by law to vaccinate their children?

No - although most parents will do the basics anyway as long as the vaccines are safe. Depends what the vaccine is for.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#6New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 00:53:28
@Karma_Junkie Said

Ooops I completely miss read that then
But here's my answer, no, it should be a parents choice, but educating on the pro's and cons should be a lot more widely available

I agree with the education. And I really wish this whole vaccinations cause autism would get disproved for good. I get sick of hearing that. If it is true, than provide better proof.

@grasshopper Said

Depends on the time. If they're registering for a new school or going to the doctor or something, then yes. But other than that...

When you take a dog to the vet's, show, or groomer's, they have to have a rabies and distemper shot. So why not humans?

So yes and no.

I agree with you about the animal comparison, but we afford our pets better health rights than we do humans at times.
Holyk On February 02, 2011

Clarksville, Tennessee
#7New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 00:54:27
I don't think that it's not required by law, say if it's against your religion. But it's smart to do so, in my opinion.
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#8New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 00:57:17
I believe it should be up to the parents, although choosing to not vaccinate is a pretty stupid and risky decision.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#9New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 00:59:14
No, it shouldn't. Not least of all because we should know by now that drug companies cannot be trusted. Yet another company has been found out for hiding potentially lethal side effects of one of its sugar diabetes drugs.
Karma_Junkie On September 18, 2011
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 00:59:33
@plebian_angel Said

I agree with the education. And I really wish this whole vaccinations cause autism would get disproved for good. I get sick of hearing that. If it is true, than provide better proof.

That looks like something that will never be proven nor dis proven, the governments and drug companies will never admit to anything, it would cost them billions, but it hardly instills faith in it when out our Prime Minister (Blare) refused to alleviate concern by supporting it when his own son was due the vaccine. He could have put an end to this whole episode.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#11New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 01:21:51
YES, because by not doing so you are endangering your child and others.
I think it's very selfish not to vaccinate.
If your child contracts a disease, they can pass it on to other children who haven't had the chance to be vaccinated yet, not to mention the elderly.

Your religion may tell you not to or whatever, but your CHILD has no say so in whether or not they want to follow said religion.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 01:27:52
No- it should be up to the parent to decide, what with links with diseases that haven't been disproven yet. I've heard about the controversy surrounding the MMR and whilst I don't think it's dangerous, I can imagine some parents might not want to take the risk.

Plus if you're extremely needlephobic the very idea of going remotely near a needle is enough to make you collapse, so for those people it should be voluntary.

Obviously it's smart to get properly vaccinated though. I am very glad vaccinations aren't compulsory over here as I honestly would not have been able to go through with them- last one I had was when I was very little.
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 01:43:44
@grasshopper Said

When you take a dog to the vet, show, or groomer's, they have to be vaccinate for rabies and distemper. So why not humans?

Y'know, that is such a good point! We have to get our dog yearly injections just in case , and have proof of those vaccinations, when we take her to the kennels.

But human children? Pah, leave it up to parents?

I mean, yeah, give parents a choice of which type of vaccine to have, but children should still have them.
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 01:55:00
@Kristy69 Said

I think it's very selfish not to vaccinate.
If your child contracts a disease, they can pass it on to other children who haven't had the chance to be vaccinated yet, not to mention the elderly.

YES! Especially when you consider that most diseases that are vaccinated against are extremely dangerous to pregnant women and their unborn children.

I think it should be law that they are vaccinated before they start school, or nursery (or any daycare facility tbh)
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#15New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 02:06:29
@ninozara Said

YES! Especially when you consider that most diseases that are vaccinated against are extremely dangerous to pregnant women and their unborn children.

I think it should be law that they are vaccinated before they start school, or nursery (or any daycare facility tbh)

98% of the time, you MUST be vaccinated before you go to school (at least here in the US).

Most if not all unvaccinated children are homeschooled (my cousin was).
But that doesn't mean that they don't have the risk of catching and infecting others. They still go to playgrounds and other public places.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs