Random

The word Nigga

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
BiGGSaPP On May 31, 2011

houston, Texas
#1New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 04:08:49
***DISCLAIMER***I kno that the n-word that i am using is offensive to some(even though i am prolly the only black person on here lol) but anyway I made this post to inform some people that are not of the black race.

Ok now that i am done with that, the word "nigga" when used among black people is used as a term of endearment. for example wen i say to another black person "whats up my ni*gga" it is exactly the same as saying "hello freind" or "whats up dude" or even "whats up ese"(pronounced essay). The reason black people tend to get angry when other people from a diffrent ethnic background say this word is that the word has racial implications (if you are american it should be common sense as to where this comes from)escpeacialy if you are white another reason as to why black folks tend to get mad is that w feel like the word is our own and when we peopple of other racial ethinicity saying that we feel like damn can we have any words of our own you kno to me its like a black person saying "whats up holmes/ese/cabron to a hispanic person its almost like mockery anyway thts my perspective on this topic feel free to respond and dont be afraid to type your opinion
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#2New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 04:21:43
@BiGGSaPP Said

***DISCLAIMER***I kno that the n-word that i am using is offensive to some(even though i am prolly the only black person on here lol) but anyway I made this post to inform some people that are not of the black race.

Ok now that i am done with that, the word "nigga" when used among black people is used as a term of endearment. for example wen i say to another black person "whats up my ni*gga" it is exactly the same as saying "hello freind" or "whats up dude" or even "whats up ese"(pronounced essay). The reason black people tend to get angry when other people from a diffrent ethnic background say this word is that the word has racial implications (if you are american it should be common sense as to where this comes from)escpeacialy if you are white another reason as to why black folks tend to get mad is that w feel like the word is our own and when we peopple of other racial ethinicity saying that we feel like damn can we have any words of our own you kno to me its like a black person saying "whats up holmes/ese/cabron to a hispanic person its almost like mockery anyway thts my perspective on this topic feel free to respond and dont be afraid to type your opinion

We're not stupid. I am pretty sure the majority knows this.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#3New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 04:24:42
@BiGGSaPP Said

Originally the word came from the Latin meaning black. The Spanish used the term when referring to sub-Saharan people (i.e. black people). In the new world the term ‘niggah’ was in reference to black people and was not considered pejorative. At the beginning of the 20th century people of African decent preferred the word ‘colored’ e.g. NAACP because Negro and niggah had a negative connotation that was associated with slavery. In the mid 1960’s the term Black was preferred possibly because of the civil rights movement and colored was dropped because it had the connotation of separate but equal. Black was dropped, I believe, because of the negative connotation associated with militant blacks e.g. Black Panthers. A lot of people today prefer African American, but it seems that many are no longer seeing themselves as separate and just calling themselves Americans. There is, of course, a kind of tribal lexicon and within the group people use terms that people outside of the group are not privy to. That is normal and healthy.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#4New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 04:28:01
as a white dude, i kinda wondered about this.
i never hear white folks say "what's up honk"
short for honky.
i've said and heard, "hey, how is my fellow white trash"
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 04:34:51
Are we at the Ritz? Cause I smell a cracker!!!!
KittyCatRawr777 On July 12, 2011

Deleted

Oxford, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 11:42:43
i dont like how just because you are of a certain race you have words only that race can use, ive heard many people of all different races using one anothers slang but when it comes to using the N word it becomes a problem. I dunno tbh race issues are just stupid to me, i take everyone how they come regardless of the colour of their skin
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#7New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 11:50:25
@GSnap Said

We're not stupid. I am pretty sure the majority knows this.

It's good to see him coming on here and exercising his thoughts though.

I preach the obvious a lot, myself, it just helps to confirm it to me and articulate the philosophies in a manner comprehensible to those whom may not know.

Intellectual exercise through socializing starts off trivial but give him a couple of years and he'll be as profound as Eaglebauer and Erimitus.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#8New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 11:59:56
@BiGGSaPP Said

I believe the black people have embraced that word to remove the power out of that word. I find it offensive and wish the word was never invented. We're ALL people. That's all that matters.

J.R.

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 12:06:45
A lot of people are running around calling each other "Muppet" nowadays.

I'm not sure if the world really is going to end soon but it does look like it is quickly going to become very interesting.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 12:07:10
Oh my God I had no idea. I always thought every black rapper was a secret member of the KKK. Thank you for stating the bleeding obvious.

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 12:12:40
It's also good getting the experience of getting used to being ran through the wringer so that it isn't as shocking a decade from now.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 12:46:56

#13New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 15:35:12
@jr_sanford Said

I believe the black people have embraced that word to remove the power out of that word. I find it offensive and wish the word was never invented. We're ALL people. That's all that matters.

J.R.

Yes a very powerful word indeed. (use with cauttion)
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#14New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 16:22:18
@KittyCatRawr777 Said

i dont like how just because you are of a certain race you have words only that race can use, ive heard many people of all different races using one anothers slang but when it comes to using the N word it becomes a problem. I dunno tbh race issues are just stupid to me, i take everyone how they come regardless of the colour of their skin

Good for you!

#15New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 16:50:35
@Electric_Banana Said

It's good to see him coming on here and exercising his thoughts though.

I preach the obvious a lot, myself, it just helps to confirm it to me and articulate the philosophies in a manner comprehensible to those whom may not know.

Intellectual exercise through socializing starts off trivial but give him a couple of years and he'll be as profound as Eaglebauer and Erimitus.

Response to EB post
My knowledge of the universe is poor. I do not deny it; I don’t even try to deny it. I once, as a youth, took a course in physics; I got an ‘A’ in the class. At the time the schools funding was based on attendance and if you showed up you got an ‘A’. I showed up and I got an ‘A’; actually I never really understood the universe or how it works and I am still waiting for it to make sense. This lack of understanding has been some what detrimental in that I have been relegated to a life of menial servitude. Some people are stupid and I am one of them. So it goes…

There are those on TFS who know and when the knowing read my dubious profundities the laugh. They, I suppose, think to themselves, “How could anyone be so stupid?” Well, for me being stupid is a natural talent. Occasionally someone will take pity and point out the obvious; (of course what is obvious to them was not obvious to me), and I am grateful when they do that. Really, the only thing that I understand is that I don’t understand.

As for Eglebaure, I roll in ecstasy at his feet.

As for wiseguru, I wish he came with subtitles, he is always way over my head.

and speaking of heads, i have shaved my head and become jmo's deciple.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs