The US Assassination Program

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
jackmcg On August 20, 2010

Deleted

West Chester, Pennsylvania
#1New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 04:35:28
The Washington Times reported on June 24, 2010 that President Obama has authorized the assassination of several US citizens living abroad, but not involved on the battlefield. The story did not receive much media coverage, other than identifying the radical Islamist imam living in Yemen, but born in New Mexico who is believed to be behind several terrorist actions.

The presidentially authorized program is reported to permit the assassination of US citizens identified by a third party as potentially involved in terrorist activities. No attempt to capture, charge or try the individuals in a US court of law is required. The ACLU has condemned the program and more media reports today forced Leon Panetta to come forward to defend the assassination program.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/foreign-policy/3881-dozens-of-us-citizens-may-be-on-obama-assassination-list

There are a lot of bad guys out there, but should we be killing US citizens on a presidential authorization without benefit of being charged and tried?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#2New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 04:51:38
@jackmcg Said

The Washington Times reported on June 24, 2010 that President Obama has authorized the assassination of several US citizens living abroad, but not involved on the battlefield. The story did not receive much media coverage, other than identifying the radical Islamist imam living in Yemen, but born in New Mexico who is believed to be behind several terrorist actions.

The presidentially authorized program is reported to permit the assassination of US citizens identified by a third party as potentially involved in terrorist activities. No attempt to capture, charge or try the individuals in a US court of law is required. The ACLU has condemned the program and more media reports today forced Leon Panetta to come forward to defend the assassination program.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/foreign-policy/3881-dozens-of-us-citizens-may-be-on-obama-assassination-list

There are a lot of bad guys out there, but should we be killing US citizens on a presidential authorization without benefit of being charged and tried?

from link.

Quote:
?If a person is a U.S. citizen, and he is on the battlefield in Afghanistan or Iraq trying to attack our troops, he will face the full brunt of the U.S. military response," Brennan said, adding: "If an American person or citizen is in a Yemen or in a Pakistan or in Somalia or another place, and they are trying to carry out attacks against U.S. interests, they also will face the full brunt of a U.S. response. And it can take many forms."
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 12:10:21
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#4New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 12:28:37
Richard142 On February 15, 2015

Greater London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 12:35:34
Dissidents are vulnerable at home and abroad. Everyone who has an open mind and is willing to express it makes them unpopular to established governments and lobby groups. We need mega changes to reduce inequality of education and oportunity. "Terrorists" come from those who have no effective voice and see no oportunity to get their human rights met. However "tallent shows" that make a few very rich breaks the link of respect due to those who do honest work for basic pay without perks or bonuses. So there is a skills shortage plus too many unemployable.

Deleted

#6New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 12:37:19
@jackmcg Said

Should we believe anyone who continually links to sources that refer to the healthcare bill as "Obamacare"?

I think not.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 12:38:36
The U.S. assassinates people? Whodathunkit.
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#8New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 12:44:22
Everything in the Washigton Times should be taken with a grain of salt! They are an organ of the Republican party!
But this may have a little veracity!

Deleted

#9New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 12:47:01
@SparklyKatie Said

The U.S. assassinates people? Whodathunkit.

The U.S. doesn't do it.. It's too large to move around surreptitiously.. So, we contract it out to actual humans.

People like this for instance.

plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#10New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 12:49:10
@boxerdc Said

The U.S. doesn't do it.. It's too large to move around surreptitiously.. So, we contract it out to actual humans.

People like this for instance.

I about spit out my cappucino

Deleted

#11New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 12:54:23
@plebian_angel Said

I about spit out my cappucino

Sorry.. this whole thread is ludicrous.. We've been killing people for decades, everybody knows it, and everyone else does it too..

We will continue to kill people who we consider "enemies of the state" and so will everyone else, for decades to come..

But, apparently it's news now.. Hmmm.. wonder why?
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#12New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 12:55:46
@boxerdc Said

Sorry.. this whole thread is ludicrous.. We've been killing people for decades, everybody knows it, and everyone else does it too..

We will continue to kill people who we consider "enemies of the state" and so will everyone else, for decades to come..

But, apparently it's news now.. Hmmm.. wonder why?

I'm on the thought wave as you. Like you said, other countries do it as well.

Deleted

#13New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 13:02:46
@boxerdc Said

Should we believe anyone who continually links to sources that refer to the healthcare bill as "Obamacare"?

I think not.

Instead of providing a real side to some of the posts, you continue to attack the person posting the articles. Not real effective. Its a weak tactic, useful only if you are short on any ability to comment viably on the article posted. Try picking apart the post, that's what will make me really look bad, not the quick little sentences that offer what?

C,mon, attack my integrity all you like, but you show nothing substantial to back it. Attack the post and the information in the link. Then you'd have something. Easiest trick going to attack the person when you don't like the post, but can't rebut it with something stronger of your own.

Deleted

#14New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 13:04:12
@KAMPA Said

Everything in the Washigton Times should be taken with a grain of salt! They are an organ of the Republican party!
But this may have a little veracity!

Well, there you go. That factually puts down the report. Another media organ found to be not credible for consideration.

Deleted

#15New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 13:04:52
@jackmcg Said

Instead of providing a real side to some of the posts, you continue to attack the person posting the articles.

I'm not attacking you. I'm calling you out on your biased sources.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs