Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
leeberttea On July 24, 2010

Deleted

Oxford, Illinois
#1New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 16:29:40
Source

So everyone complained when Bush locked up suspected terrorists without due process. Now Obama is targeting American citizens abroad for assination, also killing innocent people in the process and this goes unquestioned, unchalenged, and tolerated by the media and his supporters on the left. If it was Bush carrying out these strikes there would be calls for him to be tried as a war criminal, yet Obama gets a pass. The left has proven to be hypocrites only interested in power and what "their" government will give them, taken from the "rich". It's disgusting!
raditz On March 24, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#2New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 16:54:51
You make it sound like he's having families vacationing in France assassinated. He's not. He's allowing the assassination of Americans if they joined al-Qaeda. If they do join, why wouldn't they be targeted with the enemy?

Deleted

Oxford, Illinois
#3New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 16:58:50
@raditz Said

You make it sound like he's having families vacationing in France assassinated. He's not. He's allowing the assassination of Americans if they joined al-Qaeda. If they do join, why wouldn't they be targeted with the enemy?

I'm just sayin, suddenly the left doesn't seem to care about due process. They complained about Bush scooping Muslims up off the streets, but this is assination and suddenly the left doesn't seem to mind. Why is that?
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#4New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 16:59:31
There's already a thread about this.

Deleted

Oxford, Illinois
#5New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 17:00:16
@someone_else Said

There's already a thread about this.

I must have missed it! Sorry.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#6New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 17:04:58
@leeberttea Said

I must have missed it! Sorry.

It moved really far down and was in News and Current Events. Took me a minute to find it.
Other thread
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#7New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 17:15:07
@leeberttea Said

I'm just sayin, suddenly the left doesn't seem to care about due process. They complained about Bush scooping Muslims up off the streets, but this is assination and suddenly the left doesn't seem to mind. Why is that?

Quote:
After the Sept. 11 attacks, Bush gave the CIA, and later the military, authority to kill U.S. citizens abroad if strong evidence existed that an American was involved in organizing or carrying out terrorist actions against the United States or U.S. interests, military and intelligence officials said.

So it's assassination and an outrage when Obama continues a policy that Bush created? Why was it not an outrage when Bush actually created it? Why is it only now an outrage to you now that it's under Obama's name instead of Bush's?

Deleted

Oxford, Illinois
#8New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 17:16:56
@Lili Said

So it's assassination and an outrage when Obama continues a policy that Bush created? Why was it not an outrage when Bush actually created it? Why is it only now an outrage to you now that it's under Obama's name instead of Bush's?

No it was an outrage when Bush incorporated that policy, but suddenly under Obama it's not a problem.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#9New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 17:25:45
@leeberttea Said

No it was an outrage when Bush incorporated that policy, but suddenly under Obama it's not a problem.

says who?

Deleted

Oxford, Illinois
#10New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 17:28:27
@Lili Said

says who?

Why isn't the MSM repoting on this? How does this lack of coverage compare to the coverage when Bush started the policy? Answer those questions and you'll have your answer.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#11New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 17:29:29
@leeberttea Said

Why isn't the MSM repoting on this? How does this lack of coverage compare to the coverage when Bush started the policy? Answer those questions and you'll have your answer.

Probably because nothing new has happened? A policy that was put into place 7 years ago is still in effect? Is that news?
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#12New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 17:32:22
I don't believe it. You shouldn't believe everything the media cranks out, especially right-winged propaganda.

Deleted

Oxford, Illinois
#13New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 17:32:29
@Lili Said

Probably because nothing new has happened? A policy that was put into place 7 years ago is still in effect? Is that news?

I guess you didn't read the article. Obama has been targeting suspected terrorists in Yemen, off the battlefield, with drones. These attacks targeted a Muslim cleric, an American citizen, and resulted in colatteral damage, the death of innocent people.

Deleted

Oxford, Illinois
#14New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 17:33:12
@Hazuki0chan Said

I don't believe it. You shouldn't believe everything the media cranks out, especially right-winged propaganda.

The article is from Salon.com, hardly a right wing source.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#15New Post! Jul 20, 2010 @ 18:06:47
@leeberttea Said

What is so sudden about this? -- yes, I heard it too, on the news, last night -- The by-line on that linked story says January 27, 2010.

Other news stories, breaking today, would seem to indicate that the left doesn't seem to care about due-process, and that the left has not seemed to mind, for a long time...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs