Politics

Should the west get involved with Syria

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...24 25 26 · >>
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#1New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 02:48:22
They are clearly a country out of control and there doesn't seem to be any kind of law other than Mob Rule,with thousands killed and even more fleeing the country.

Do we ,the western nations,stick our noses into Syria's affairs when (in my opinion) far to many young men and women from western countries have been killed or maimed without any real result of a resolution to the problems there,or is not about time the UN called all the middle eastern nations to order and told them to sort out their problem peacefully and as quickly as possible??.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#2New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 03:14:23
@Demented Said

They are clearly a country out of control and there doesn't seem to be any kind of law other than Mob Rule,with thousands killed and even more fleeing the country.

Do we ,the western nations,stick our noses into Syria's affairs when (in my opinion) far to many young men and women from western countries have been killed or maimed without any real result of a resolution to the problems there,or is not about time the UN called all the middle eastern nations to order and told them to sort out their problem peacefully and as quickly as possible??.

Yes & No???????
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#3New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 04:44:16
Yes but not militarily.

, Australia
#4New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 07:34:12
@shinobinoz Said

Yes & No???????

I know what you mean,we're damned if we do and damned if we don't

, Australia
#5New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 07:37:26
@Erimitus Said

Yes but not militarily.

Trouble is Erimitus,that region of the world just love to hate everything that's got nothing to do with Allah,and that also includes the best intentions of the Western World.

#6New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 07:43:49
@Demented Said

Trouble is Erimitus,that region of the world just love to hate everything that's got nothing to do with Allah,and that also includes the best intentions of the Western World.

I do not know but I suspect that the average person in that region of the world just wants to live their lives and it is the extremists who love to hate.

What do you think the intentions of the intentions of the Western world are?

, Australia
#7New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 08:08:48
@Erimitus Said

I do not know but I suspect that the average person in that region of the world just wants to live their lives and it is the extremists who love to hate.

What do you think the intentions of the intentions of the Western world are?

I had a conversation years ago with a Lebanese Muslim who didn't like us Australians,he heaped it on our way of life and the country,in the end he asked me where I was from,I just smile and told him I'm about 18th generation Australian.
I then asked him to answer a question for me and he agreed,the question being,There are three things we all want in this life,what are they??.
He shook his head and didn't know,so I said,A roof over our heads,food on the table and somewhere safe for our children to grow up....he just stared at me for a few moments and said,your to wise for me and walked away.

I can't disagree with you about many of them just wanting to live their lives in peace,but we know the extremists or radical ratbags as I call them have other ideas.
If the Western World go in with Military Peace keeping forces??it gives them and excuse to blow it all out of proportion and turn it into an all out war (their mentality not ours)and if we go in with all good intentions of Medical help and Food rations??it would be seen as though we are sticking our noses in and start in on us and who knows what happens after that

#8New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 08:42:50
@Demented Said

I had a conversation years ago with a Lebanese Muslim who didn't like us Australians,he heaped it on our way of life and the country,in the end he asked me where I was from,I just smile and told him I'm about 18th generation Australian.
I then asked him to answer a question for me and he agreed,the question being,There are three things we all want in this life,what are they??.
He shook his head and didn't know,so I said,A roof over our heads,food on the table and somewhere safe for our children to grow up....he just stared at me for a few moments and said,your to wise for me and walked away.

I can't disagree with you about many of them just wanting to live their lives in peace,but we know the extremists or radical ratbags as I call them have other ideas.
If the Western World go in with Military Peace keeping forces??it gives them and excuse to blow it all out of proportion and turn it into an all out war (their mentality not ours)and if we go in with all good intentions of Medical help and Food rations??it would be seen as though we are sticking our noses in and start in on us and who knows what happens after that

indeed
The_Judge On September 17, 2013

Deleted

Your city, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 10:49:38
Just leave them to it. Why do we have to make everything our business. Unless they attack or try to invade us we should leave them alone, but if they get funny with us. We should strike them down and hope that there is a god to have some sort of mercy on them.

All we need is everything to kick off between China and Russia, then f*** knows what will happen, but World War 4 will definitely be fought with Sticks And Stones.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#10New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 12:28:31
No.

#11New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 16:29:19
@LuckyCharms Said

No.

It is to bad that both sides can't lose. Anyway, while they are fighting each other they are not fighting us. The best approach is non-interference.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#12New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 18:02:50
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#13New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 18:32:32
Should the west get involved with Syria?

Sure.

Just NOT the USA.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#14New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 18:53:34
Well here's the thing. Syria is a member of the UN. The UN has a convention and treaty outright banning the use of chemical weapons.

It's the duty of the UN to do something about it if Syria uses chemical weapons.

The UN inspection team is leaving Syria tomorrow and will report to the Secretary General.

So if the UN doesn't do anything, and it looks like they won't...... what's the point of the UN if it can't enforce its own rules on member states?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#15New Post! Aug 30, 2013 @ 19:49:26
@jonnythan Said

Well here's the thing. Syria is a member of the UN. The UN has a convention and treaty outright banning the use of chemical weapons.

It's the duty of the UN to do something about it if Syria uses chemical weapons.

The UN inspection team is leaving Syria tomorrow and will report to the Secretary General.

So if the UN doesn't do anything, and it looks like they won't...... what's the point of the UN if it can't enforce its own rules on member states?

Maybe the only legitimate use of the UN is non-military humanitarian stuff. If a country/region is too violent for the UN to help... C'est la vie.

Or maybe there is no point of/for the UN.

In any case, I have found that typically questions like should the west get involved... really mean should the USA get involved... and try to fix the problem with money and/or military action...?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...24 25 26 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs