Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#1New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 20:31:36
https://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/10/22/hate.crimes/index.html

This would make it a hate-crime, therefore a federal crime, to assualt or discriminate against someone because of sexual orientation and gender identity.

Okay, so here's a question. Why WOULDN'T it be a hate crime?

If it's a hate crime to discriminate agaisnt someone because of skin color or gender, why is this any different?
chief_big On June 12, 2013

haggisville, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:03:29
because some people actually believe what they are doing is right, for example if enough people were infact gay we would die out as a species so perhaps its only a natural sub-concious thing for some people to want to try and discourage others from doing it and not hatred
Carly's Mommy

#3New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:06:51
@chief_big Said

because some people actually believe what they are doing is right,

So does the KKK and so did Hitler/the Nazis.
Carly's Mommy

#4New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:09:22
And it's totally ridiculous to believe that the human race would all become gay.

If that were the case, it would ahve already happened. You think homosexuality is an artifact from this day and age?
Wrongo.
Ellen On November 13, 2009

Banned

#5New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:10:09
Hate crime laws are stupid. If you attack somebody and it wasn't self defense then you should get the same sentence regardless of what your motivations were.
Carly's Mommy

#6New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:11:48
@Ellen Said

Hate crime laws are stupid. If you attack somebody and it wasn't self defense then you should get the same sentence regardless of what your motivations were.

I somewhat agree.

However, like murder, there are different degrees. There's self-defence, premeditated, ect.

But yeah, regardless of the reason you should be punished.

But then there's the element of discrimination..
Aden On November 28, 2014

, Canada
#7New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:16:36
I sort of agree with Ellen.
Whether the guy is gay or not, if you plan on beating the s*** out of him, you should get punished the same.
Now, whether the punishment is the same as a normal assualt charge, or all assualts are treated as hate crimes, I don't really care. As long as something it done about it.
So many people are walking away with a 3 month jail sentance or community service for purpously harming another human being, or they aren't getting charged at all. It's stupid.

Now, because homosexual's are so discriminated against, I think the legislature feels it needs to put in a more punishable category to get it through people's think skulls that it's not okay to beat someone just because of their gender.

It's stupid, needless, and downright retarded when someone thinks they are better than, or have more rights than, someone who doens't share the same sexualtity.
We all live, breathe, and bleed the same. Get over it.
RobbyF On November 11, 2016

Silver Spring, Maryland
#8New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:18:13
@Ellen Said

@Kristy69 Said

I somewhat agree.

However, like murder, there are different degrees. There's self-defence, premeditated, ect.

But yeah, regardless of the reason you should be punished.

But then there's the element of discrimination..

Maybe with the exception involuntary manslaughter and mental defect, shes right. You would just kill someone for fun, there would have to be some degree of "hate" there, even if it was temporary.
Aden On November 28, 2014

, Canada
#9New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:19:08
@chief_big Said

because some people actually believe what they are doing is right,

Yes, unfortantely we have way too many small minded bigoted jack asses out there. And I dare say, most of them are religious. God forbid it!
s***, man...

Quote:
for example if enough people were infact gay we would die out as a species so perhaps its only a natural sub-concious thing for some people to want to try and discourage others from doing it and not hatred

That's the silliest notion I've ever heard. Whoever believes that seriously needs to give their head shake and join the real world.

(These comments weren't directed at you, just everybody in general who fits that bill.)
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#10New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:19:43
@Kristy69 Said

Okay, so here's a question. Why WOULDN'T it be a hate crime?

Because a lot of people are terrible and think that people should be killed because they don't agree.
chief_big On June 12, 2013

haggisville, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:21:42
@Kristy69 Said

So does the KKK and so did Hitler/the Nazis.

yes but hitlers hatred of the jews[and i use the term hatred likely as it was more of a way to focus the war machine i think] for example was born out the fact that the jews were in the minority in a foreign country and held so much of that countries money because they where successful there is no evidence to suggest that there would be a negative impact on the species if they actually grew into the majority.

But if the majority of people where gay then eventually it would have a negative impact in theory maybe not here because we can create life in tubes but places like africa their population would basically die out lol
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#12New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:23:14
@chief_big Said

But if the majority of people where gay then eventually it would have a negative impact in theory maybe not here because we can create life in tubes but places like africa their population would basically die out lol

Question...
How can you add "lol" to the end of that phrase?
Carly's Mommy

#13New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:29:37
@chief_big Said

yes but hitlers hatred of the jews[and i use the term hatred likely as it was more of a way to focus the war machine i think] for example was born out the fact that the jews were in the minority in a foreign country and held so much of that countries money because they where successful there is no evidence to suggest that there would be a negative impact on the species if they actually grew into the majority.

It's ridiculous to even suggest the entire human race would turn gay.

And, irrelevantly, if thay were to happen, we still have men and women. So bada-bing.
Carly's Mommy

#14New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:35:34
@chief_big Said

there is no evidence to suggest that there would be a negative impact on the species if they actually grew into the majority.

Okay, so if we just started killing off gingers (like you) it would be okay because there's no REAL negative impact on the human race?

WOW. That's a wonderful way to walk around life.
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#15New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:41:03
@Kristy69 Said

Okay, so if we just started killing off gingers (like you) it would be okay because there's no REAL negative impact on the human race?

WOW. That's a wonderful way to walk around life.

(read...that quote agian)

I think it said that there wouldnt be a negative impact if the population is gay

(I may have also misread it
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs