Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...13 14 15 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Apr 28, 2011 @ 12:59:06
Quote:
Sat Apr 23, 11:29 pm ET
ROSEDALE, Md. – A transgender woman whose brutal attack at a McDonald's restaurant in Maryland was captured on video that later went viral said Saturday she was the victim of a hate crime.

Twenty-two-year-old Chrissy Lee Polis told The Baltimore Sun that since the attack last Monday, "I'm just afraid to go outside now because of stuff like this."

The video posted online shows a woman being attacked and apparently having a seizure. Baltimore County police say a 14-year-old girl has been charged as a juvenile and an 18-year-old woman faces an assault charge in the case.

Polis told the newspaper that after she used the restroom, "They said, `That's a dude, that's a dude and she's in the female bathroom.'"

Polis said she was confronted by a girl who spat in her face and accused Polis of talking to "my man." Polis said another girl then also spat on her face, and that they then beat and kicked her, pulled her by the hair and tore off her earrings.

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110424/ap_on_re_us/us_videotaped_beating

Here is a link to a petition you can sign ,,,
Quote:
Demand that the employees on duty at McDonald's be held responsible in the beating of a trans woman

https://www.change.org/petitions/demand-that-the-employees-on-duty-at-mcdonalds-be-held-responsible-in-the-beating-of-a-trans-woman
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#2New Post! May 02, 2011 @ 21:09:55
This video is beyond sickening!!! These two POS girls should have been taken down by SOMEBODY! Why didn't anyone call 911 immediately when this started to escalate, if none of the McDonald's MALE employees didn't have the balls to step up to the plate????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#3New Post! May 02, 2011 @ 21:30:13
old news is old

Did anyone really expect anymore from McD's employees???
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#4New Post! May 02, 2011 @ 22:02:42
from link in op.
Quote:
the employee who took the video and appeared to alert the assailants that police were on the way "is no longer employed with my organization." Other workers may also be disciplined.

that's the bosses job, and the boss did it.
how can mcd's be responsible?

Quote:
employees on duty at McDonald's be held responsible

the good samaritan law?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#5New Post! May 02, 2011 @ 22:04:09
@Wellard Said

yes.
me for one.
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#6New Post! May 02, 2011 @ 22:04:12
@Wellard Said

old news is old

How is this old news, Wellard??? It happened only about a week ago!!!
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#7New Post! May 02, 2011 @ 22:05:56
@Willi Said

from link in op.

that's the bosses job, and the boss did it.
how can mcd's be responsible?

Because they were on the job at the time!!! They were wearing the McDooDoo uniforms, and they stood around laughing and filming while this poor person was getting stomped so hard he/she ended up having a seizure and spitting up blood. Real nice!
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#8New Post! May 02, 2011 @ 22:10:10
@BozieFozie Said

Because they were on the job at the time!!! They were wearing the McDooDoo uniforms, and they stood around laughing and filming while this poor person was getting stomped so hard he/she ended up having a seizure and spitting up blood. Real nice!

i'm not going to excuse what they did.
but is mcd's resposible for a*****e workers?
it would need evidence of a pattern within mcd's.
a policy of doing it.
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#9New Post! May 02, 2011 @ 22:24:14
@Willi Said

i'm not going to excuse what they did.
but is mcd's resposible for a*****e workers?
it would need evidence of a pattern within mcd's.
a policy of doing it.

Well, since McDonald's is a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY, I'm sure somewhere at corporate they have the code of conduct manual or policies & procedures. If I was a muckety-muck of McDonald's, I'd be scrambling to make this right.....these employees were DEAD WRONG, and yes, to me they represent McDonald's as an organization. Just my two cents!
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#10New Post! May 02, 2011 @ 22:43:16
@BozieFozie Said

Well, since McDonald's is a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY, I'm sure somewhere at corporate they have the code of conduct manual or policies & procedures. If I was a muckety-muck of McDonald's, I'd be scrambling to make this right.....these employees were DEAD WRONG, and yes, to me they represent McDonald's as an organization. Just my two cents!

if the mcd's policy says, "do nothing, not even call 911"
sounds like they get fried.
the ones working, doing nothing, hell, an elderly lady customer helped.
i vote her citizen of the year.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#11New Post! May 02, 2011 @ 23:02:00
Quote:
Demand that the employees on duty at McDonald's be held responsible in the beating of a trans woman

https://www.change.org/petitions/demand-that-the-employees-on-duty-at-mcdonalds-be-held-responsible-in-the-beating-of-a-trans-woman [www.change.org]
ultranewbie On December 31, 2012

el dorado, New Mexico
#12New Post! May 02, 2011 @ 23:09:48
oh wow! i can't believe it.. to be honest, there's a video called "Chrissie Lee Speaks out"..

i think she's beautiful.. the girls who beat her up, were more than just prejudiced.. looks as if they were jealous...

i can't believe folks can be that ignorant.
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#13New Post! May 02, 2011 @ 23:15:19
@BozieFozie Said

How is this old news, Wellard??? It happened only about a week ago!!!

Well I first read it over a week ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379691/Transgender-girl-beaten-seizure-McDonalds-attack-victim-hate-crime.html
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#14New Post! May 02, 2011 @ 23:53:27
@Wellard Said

Well I first read it over a week ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379691/Transgender-girl-beaten-seizure-McDonalds-attack-victim-hate-crime.html

how you feel about signing to have the employies held resposible?
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#15New Post! May 03, 2011 @ 07:33:56
@Willi Said

how you feel about signing to have the employies held resposible?

Not sure what you mean about signing?.

But otherwise yes and no.

Yes they should be fired but only if it was either written into their contact or that they were given training to which they signed that they had completed and understood the training given for when or if this kind of behaviour/situation arises. /sorry for lack of punctuation there.

Even if they were given training on how to deal with situations similar to this in a appropriate manner I still don't think that they should face criminal charges.

If they were not given training then I believe it is not a legal obligation to call the authorities,only a moral one.The same as if you saw this happen in the street as a passer by.

But they are deffo c***s for not contacting the police immediately.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...13 14 15 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs