Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 9 10 ...12 13 14 · >>
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#106New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 05:35:24
@Justpassing Said

Yes, religion is "the belief in and worship of"
What I meant was that people treat the church as the religion whereas it should be God they believe in and worship.

People accept that whatever the Pope says.. goes.
Or what their minister says... goes.

Agreed!
Justpassing On February 03, 2021

Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#107New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 07:29:04
@Erimitus Said

I was thinking that the OT was the Jewish version.

Are the commentaries considered biblical?

There are various translations... King James, NIV, Message, Good News etc.

Yes, there are commentaries that provide additional references and information regarding scripture.
Justpassing On February 03, 2021

Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#108New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 07:42:26
@chaski Said

This is almost as dumb a myth as the story Noah's Ark.

And each day we come across new evidence that requires science to rethink what was considered fact.

Yet I don't regard science as "dumb".... only those who think science disproves the existance of a Higher Power.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#109New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 07:48:50
@Justpassing Said

There are various translations... King James, NIV, Message, Good News etc.

Yes, there are commentaries that provide additional references and information regarding scripture.

Yes many, often conflicting, translations.

You do realize that these "commentaries" that you are referring to are mostly opinions not facts.

I'm guessing, so feel free to correct me, that most of what you are saying about the bible you obtained from others (people talking, web sites, etc)...

I'm going to go out on the limb here an suggest that you take the time to actually read it. That way you will know what it says. You won't have to base your statements on what others tell you the bible says. You will know...because you will have read it... all of it.

Then, consider studying it... AFTER you have read it at least once all the way through.

I know, as a person who considers the bible to be myth, it is a horrible terrible anti-christian anti-religion thing for me to suggest that you actually take the time to read it and stop trusting the nonsense that others tell you.

But, hey... I read it 4 times and have studied it for decades... why not you as well?

Be forewarned... if you read it and actually pay attention, it might change your opinions.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#110New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 07:54:19
@Justpassing Said

And each day we come across new evidence that requires science to rethink what was considered fact.

Yet I don't regard science as "dumb".... only those who think science disproves the existance of a Higher Power.

I never said "science disproves the existence of a Higher Power". I actually believe in a higher power.

However, what I clearly said that your statement "all large ships (Container ships, huge criuse ships etc) are actually based on the measurements of Noah's Ark" is a dumb myth.

Why did I say that? Because it is a dumb myth. It is actually an idiotic idea.

Even if the fabled Ark existed, your statement would be wrong.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#111New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 12:45:21
@Justpassing Said

That's just it.... ships weren't built to those standards back then.
Or that the art was lost (Because of the flood?) until the dude thousands of years later decided to use the measurements that had been used by Noah.

Ok. So there was a global flood that wiped out practically everything on Earth except a family on one large ship with livestock. Following you so far.

Then you're saying ships weren't built to those standards back then.

But if everything on the planet except Noah was wiped out...how do you know this? What records would exist regarding the standards to which ships were built if everything was erased? Where is that information coming from?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#112New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 14:53:59
I once heard a story that the size of the shuttle booster rockets was based on a horses ass.

As it goes - the rockets were to be constructed a ways from the launch site. So they planned out how they would be transported. One part of the journey was by rail through a tunnel - so they had to make sure the boosters fit through the tunnel.

The tunnel was built / sized according to the railroad / rails.
The standard size rails originated from the wheel ruts of horse drawn wagons.
Wagons were sized based on the width of two horses standing side by side - with the horses a** being the widest, defining measurement.

So the size of the shuttle is based upon the size of a horses ass.

... so the story goes.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#113New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 16:11:24
@puzZles Said

I agree. And you don't have to be a church goer to follow God. Indeed, most church goers are the biggest hypocrites.

As for telling your mom...What's to tell? You said you still believe in God. If there's anything to tell, tell her you don't believe in man; especially when they profess a religion and it's law, then behave contrary to it. It sounds like your mind has been "opened up to the truth". Likely by God Himself.

Yeah. You’re right. I don’t like to use the term “woke” because it sounds idiotic. I’d say my ‘third eye’ is finally opening.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#114New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 16:45:08
@mrmhead Said

I once heard a story that the size of the shuttle booster rockets was based on a horses ass.

As it goes - the rockets were to be constructed a ways from the launch site. So they planned out how they would be transported. One part of the journey was by rail through a tunnel - so they had to make sure the boosters fit through the tunnel.

The tunnel was built / sized according to the railroad / rails.
The standard size rails originated from the wheel ruts of horse drawn wagons.
Wagons were sized based on the width of two horses standing side by side - with the horses a** being the widest, defining measurement.

So the size of the shuttle is based upon the size of a horses ass.

... so the story goes.

E: And there is Biblical proof of that....

#115New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 16:46:09
A horse's a** is as standard unit of measurement.

#116New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 16:49:14
@Erimitus Said

The International Bureau of Weights and Measures in Paris France actually has a platinum horse's azz in a air tight temperature controlled case....
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#117New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 17:00:52
@Erimitus Said

The International Bureau of Weights and Measures in Paris France actually has a platinum horse's azz in a air tight temperature controlled case....

POTUS is going to have that changed

#118New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 18:20:28
@mrmhead Said

POTUS is going to have that changed

<<Guffaw>>
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#119New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 18:23:22
@Erimitus Said

It's said that "foot" is based on the size of a king's actual foot. What if we used kings for all measurements?

Like...you're going to a tailor to get a new suit.

"I need a new suit. I am approximately one king tall."

"Can you be more accurate?"

"Um..no."

"s***."
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#120New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 18:36:08

bozo is an a*****e, what an a*****e, he has? with bozo's ass, he has two mouths that crap come out of it. wasn't for bozo's red hair and that an ugly toupee, he wearing.

i won't where the crap come the most from him. which one is his a** again ?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 9 10 ...12 13 14 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs