Ridding Myself of Religion

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 · >>
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#121New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 19:52:05
@twilitezone911 Said

bozo is an a*****e, what an a*****e, he has? with bozo's ass, he has two mouths that crap come out of it. wasn't for bozo's red hair and that an ugly toupee, he wearing.

i won't where the crap come the most from him. which one is his a** again ?

<<giggle>> you said crap...
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#122New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 19:55:00
@twilitezone911 Said

bozo is an a*****e, what an a*****e, he has? with bozo's ass, he has two mouths that crap come out of it. wasn't for bozo's red hair and that an ugly toupee, he wearing.

i won't where the crap come the most from him. which one is his a** again ?

I can't post images either. I hate it a whole great big lot when I can't post images. I hates it forever! (maybe longer)
chaski On about 18 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#123New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 20:02:33
@Erimitus Said

E: I do not know. Maybe it is the golden ration.

E: And …and if you think I am wrong you are probably right.

@Justpassing Said

So is it possible that Noah fluked the 'Golden ratio'... or as the Bible suggests... God told him?

Noah's ark is not based on the "Golden Ratio).

The "Golden Ratio" (taken to the 10th decimal) is 1.6180339887 (aka Phi), while Noah's ratio is 1.6666666666.

While these numbers appear close, they are not the same and when you star building big things one needs to be exact or things get wonky fast.

In addition, using Noah's measurements one would create a rectangular parallelepiped (an elongated "cube" ) which wouldn't be even remotely seaworthy. Of course one could "assume" that Noah only used god's measurements for the overall length/width/height, but then used smoother measurements for the slope or curve from deck to keel (what would be the measurements and ratio of the freeboard and the draft?). Was there a transom or a more curved stern? With a transom the "golden ratio" would be off. With a more curved stern, maybe the overall measurements were brought more in line with the "golden ratio".

Etc...
Stalker

#124New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 20:12:03
@Justpassing Said

but it seems like a flood did happen....

Yes. A flood did happen... It was in New Orleans in 2005 AD... and again... well there has been a major flood somewhere in the world every year since 1950 (and probably before that).

It would actually be astounding if there were not "great flood" stories and myths in virtually all cultures of the world through out history.

Noah's flood story: One of the many myth stories through history.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#125New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 20:17:18
@Erimitus Said

I can't post images either. I hate it a whole great big lot when I can't post images. I hates it forever! (maybe longer)

i notice have change my brower sometimes to i get a picture post on the forum. it doesn't awlays work. i don't give up that easily.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#126New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 20:21:18
you wonder if the bible would have the story of noah's ark, if the ark's sank with everybody and animals on?
Justpassing On February 03, 2021

Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#127New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 22:19:54
@Eaglebauer Said

Ok. So there was a global flood that wiped out practically everything on Earth except a family on one large ship with livestock. Following you so far.

Then you're saying ships weren't built to those standards back then.

But if everything on the planet except Noah was wiped out...how do you know this? What records would exist regarding the standards to which ships were built if everything was erased? Where is that information coming from?

Well I guess we have to rely on science to give us those answers. Like looking at marine and ship history.

Just for the record, I'm not saying that the Noah story is EXACTLY how it happened. Just that it is possible... more so than 'something random happened where there was nothing, by nothing for no reason'.
And that it is interesting that building such a ship in those dimensions actually floats... and it took a few thousand years for ship builders to realise how valuable they are for building huge load carrying ships.

It is so easy to "Poo Poo" what is in the Bible but science is finding more and more things that give the contents of the Bible credibility.
Stalker

#128New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 22:32:49
@Justpassing Said

...but science is finding more and more things that give the contents of the Bible credibility.

No, not really.

But going with your reasoning, one could take virtually any myth and find a sliver of truth in it.

Take The Iliad there was undoubtedly a place like Troy, maybe even named Troy, and wars were fought there. Science has validated this.

However, does that mean that science is finding credibility to the existence of the Greek gods Hades, Zues, Ares, etc... does it mean that Achilles was the son of Thetis the sea nymph/goddess of water?

No.

But hey, it is so easy to "Poo Poo" Greek Mythology.

#129New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 22:51:15
@chaski Said

In addition, using Noah's measurements one would create a rectangular parallelepiped (an elongated "cube" ) which wouldn't be even remotely seaworthy......

Etc...

Yet when a shipbuilder builds a large load carrying ship based on these measurements..... it floats. And it floats well.

Remember the "Bumbees shouldn't be able to fly" story?

The real lesson to be gleaned from this myth isn’t that scientists are so blinded by technicalities that they overlook what is painfully obvious to everyone else (namely, that bumblebees really do fly), but that one needs to understand there can be quite a difference between a real-life concept and a mathematical model of it: - David Mikkelson
Stalker

#130New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 22:55:50
@Justpassing Said

Yet when a shipbuilder builds a large load carrying ship based on these measurements..... it floats. And it floats well.

And yet ship builders don't use these measurements. There is nothing in the story that can be useful in ship building.

You are allowing yourself to be duped.

And your bumble bee comparison is both irrelevant and false (aka a fake story...a myth).

#131New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 23:02:37
@chaski Said

No, not really.

But going with your reasoning, one could take virtually any myth and find a sliver of truth in it.

Take The Iliad there was undoubtedly a place like Troy, maybe even named Troy, and wars were fought there. Science has validated this.

However, does that mean that science is finding credibility to the existence of the Greek gods Hades, Zues, Ares, etc... does it mean that Achilles was the son of Thetis the sea nymph/goddess of water?

No.

But hey, it is so easy to "Poo Poo" Greek Mythology.

I actually find Greek Mythology quite interesting. lol

I am not a Creationist... far from it.
I do not agree that the world is only 6000 years old.
I do not claim that because of evidence of floods around the world.... that therefore Noah is how it happened... therefore God exists.

As for Greek Mythology.... they believed in the existance of a Higher Power/s.... in their own way.

#132New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 23:13:57
@chaski Said

And your bumble bee comparison is both irrelevant and false (aka a fake story...a myth).

You saying there wasn't a discussion about bumblebees... and their ability to fly?

According to John McMasters, who back in the 'good old days' was principal engineer on the aerodynamics staff at Boeing Commercial Aeroplanes, it seems the aerodynamicist of the myth was probably an unnamed Swiss professor famous in the 1930s and 1940s for his work in supersonic gas dynamics. The aerodynamicist was having dinner with a biologist. In the idle chit chat , the biologist noted that bees and wasps had very flimsy wings — but heavy bodies. So how could they possibly fly?......

He didn't prove they couldn't fly - that part is the myth.. which I wasn't even talking about. Media created the myth.

...... This problem of how insects fly was so hard to solve, that the mystery was solved only in the last 20 years.
Stalker

#133New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 23:51:31
@Justpassing Said

You saying there wasn't a discussion about bumblebees... and their ability to fly?

No.

I'm saying it is not true...it is a fake internet meme... not factual.... urban folk lore meant for the gullible.

It all goes back to the 1800. No real scientist support it nor have for a very very long time.

Book: The Flight of the Bumblebee and Related Myths of Entomological Engineering
by John H. McMasters.

He didn't say that bumblebees couldn't fly. The "discussion" was a comparison to fix wing aircraft, not a scientific statement. It was taken out of context and misquoted....and did not actually take into consideration the science of insect wings.

etc
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#134New Post! Dec 07, 2017 @ 23:53:34
@twilitezone911 Said

you wonder if the bible would have the story of noah's ark, if the ark's sank with everybody and animals on?

If you include a love story, the movie version would make more than "Titanic"

Saint Louis, Missouri
#135New Post! Dec 08, 2017 @ 00:52:52
@mrmhead Said

If you include a love story, the movie version would make more than "Titanic"

thank god! that noah was married, because those animals wouldn't be safety. in nine months, those sheeps have babies.

noah would be on trial for sex harrassments. each sheep would tell her story to the judge. the first words out of the sheep's mouth is:

baa, baa, he is the father!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs