Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Nightmare 911 calls, anyone?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#1New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 20:58:37
I was talking to me mom about when we've called 911 and what transpired and now I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem with a 911 operator. When I lived in an apt in Solon there were blood curdling screams coming from the apartment at the end of the hall, I opened my door to see what was going on and a woman opened the door and shouted "CALL THE F&%$IN' POLICE" twice! I went inside and dialed 911, the coversation was as follows:
"911, what's your emergency?"
"The lady at the apt at the end of the hallway is screaming 'call the fing police."
"OK, did she really say call the 'fing' police?"
"WHAT?"
"well, I have to know what she said!"
"she said call the police (you could still hear screaming at this point), please send a cop!"
"OK, go down to the apartment and find out what's wrong."
"WHAT????" (just by the way, the most common time for a cop to get shot is during a domestic dispute, I had graduated a police academy 7 years prior)
"Go ahead!"
The cops never were never called, I was working at wells fargo at the time, put on by bullet proof vest, grabbed my gun and found everything to be "ok"
And by the way, I know I should've called Solon's police department but I didn't think of that at the time.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 21:00:31
Some operators are a bit slow

I've had it when I had severe chest pain, we were told (by one person)to ring the midwife because I was pregnant who told me quite sharply to ring an ambulance
essenceofjme On March 05, 2024
bread ends

f***ing, Morocco
#3New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 21:04:24
Some emergency response they are!
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#4New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 21:07:36
My last 911 experience was regarding a drunk driver I was following during afternoon rush hour...she was weaving all over the road, and I didn't know if she was ill or drunk at the time and called to report the reckless driving.

911: 911, what is your emergency?
Me: I'm driving up 270 North, following a vehicle that is driving very recklessly and was connected to you by the non-emergency line.
911: Please describe the driving.
Me: The driver is weaving between the 2 lanes, into the shoulder, off the side of the road, jerking back onto the road, nearly side swiping vehicles in the other lane...
911: Is the driver drunk?
Me: I don't know, maybe.
911: Can you find out?
Me:
911: Ma'am?
Me: I'm following him...I can only describe the driving.
911: Ma'am, what is your exact location?
Me: We just passed the Urbana exit, and are coming up on the scenic....nevermind. We need emergency services. She just rolled.
911: I'm sorry?
Me: The car just rolled.
911: Did the driver hit anyone else?
Me: No....just the gate at the overlook, and now the car is facing southbound.
911: Is the driver hurt?
Me: Give me a second...I'm not out of my car yet.
911: Ma'am, I need to know if I should send an ambulance.
(I of course was thinking that if I'd just rolled my car I'd want an ambulance anyway...)
Me: Yes ma'am, she's unconscious...I think we need an ambulance.
911: Is there any gas leaking?
Me: I can't smell anything but a lot of liquor...
911: So she's drunk?
Me: That would be my guess...
911: Please stay on the line until police, fire or rescue arrive...

I didn't feel like talking to her anymore, and passed off my phone to another witness, who continued to say things like "no, we didn't know there was alcohol until she wrecked." and "because she wreaks..." and "um...she's passed out, so I don't know" and "maybe 25, maybe 40, she looks drunk..." Once the trooper pulled up, they hung up and the police officer asked who else was drinking...nobody, just her

The paramedics told the police officer he'd have to give them breathalizer tests before he could let them leave because they were getting drunk just smelling her.

I still don't know exactly how I was supposed to know she was drunk by following her though

(and I know they have questions they have to ask, but there comes a point when it becomes obvious that the callers just don't know )
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 21:08:37
i had an operator threaten me for not trying to save my dads life..... my dad had haemmoraged and was dying in his and my mums bed. I was on the phone and was told that we could still save him... i was told to lie him on his back so i did but he was deathly cold to the touch and i panicked and said no i can't do it... i was hysterical and the only thing the operator kept saying was "this is being recorded"

i passed the phone to my mum and she explained that he had been thru enuff and she wanted to let him go...but he still kept screaming it was being recorded

i really didn't care if it was being recorded my dad had passed away, by choking on his own blood infront of me and my mum
flange666 On May 02, 2012

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 21:14:08
@Elite_Dragon Said

i had an operator threaten me for not trying to save my dads life..... my dad had haemmoraged and was dying in his and my mums bed. I was on the phone and was told that we could still save him... i was told to lie him on his back so i did but he was deathly cold to the touch and i panicked and said no i can't do it... i was hysterical and the only thing the operator kept saying was "this is being recorded"

i passed the phone to my mum and she explained that he had been thru enuff and she wanted to let him go...but he still kept screaming it was being recorded

i really didn't care if it was being recorded my dad had passed away, by choking on his own blood infront of me and my mum

Thats awful
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#7New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 21:14:34
@Wingsy Said

My last 911 experience was regarding a drunk driver I was following during afternoon rush hour...she was weaving all over the road, and I didn't know if she was ill or drunk at the time and called to report the reckless driving.

911: 911, what is your emergency?
Me: I'm driving up 270 North, following a vehicle that is driving very recklessly and was connected to you by the non-emergency line.
911: Please describe the driving.
Me: The driver is weaving between the 2 lanes, into the shoulder, off the side of the road, jerking back onto the road, nearly side swiping vehicles in the other lane...
911: Is the driver drunk?
Me: I don't know, maybe.
911: Can you find out?
Me:
911: Ma'am?
Me: I'm following him...I can only describe the driving.
911: Ma'am, what is your exact location?
Me: We just passed the Urbana exit, and are coming up on the scenic....nevermind. We need emergency services. She just rolled.
911: I'm sorry?
Me: The car just rolled.
911: Did the driver hit anyone else?
Me: No....just the gate at the overlook, and now the car is facing southbound.
911: Is the driver hurt?
Me: Give me a second...I'm not out of my car yet.
911: Ma'am, I need to know if I should send an ambulance.
(I of course was thinking that if I'd just rolled my car I'd want an ambulance anyway...)
Me: Yes ma'am, she's unconscious...I think we need an ambulance.
911: Is there any gas leaking?
Me: I can't smell anything but a lot of liquor...
911: So she's drunk?
Me: That would be my guess...
911: Please stay on the line until police, fire or rescue arrive...

I didn't feel like talking to her anymore, and passed off my phone to another witness, who continued to say things like "no, we didn't know there was alcohol until she wrecked." and "because she wreaks..." and "um...she's passed out, so I don't know" and "maybe 25, maybe 40, she looks drunk..." Once the trooper pulled up, they hung up and the police officer asked who else was drinking...nobody, just her

The paramedics told the police officer he'd have to give them breathalizer tests before he could let them leave because they were getting drunk just smelling her.

I still don't know exactly how I was supposed to know she was drunk by following her though

(and I know they have questions they have to ask, but there comes a point when it becomes obvious that the callers just don't know )

@Elite_Dragon Said

Both of these are unreal
jennyp26 On February 16, 2011

TX,
#8New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 22:21:04
I have worked as a 911 operator and some of the sound bites that you hear of actual calls just floor me. How are all of these operators so stupid? Where is their common sense? Im sure some of the people that were in my training class will be on a sound bite some time in their career!
xTeddyx On April 30, 2012
Teddy Hugs

On my mind, Georgia
#9New Post! Apr 19, 2009 @ 22:31:03
I just cant believe all these post, how truly awful for all of you
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs