AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...8 9 10 · >>
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#31New Post! May 23, 2011 @ 03:36:14
@shinobinoz Said

I don't know how anyone could know. But fact remains that some tribes were matriarchal not patriarchal so my statement is not off norm. And this was what 2,000 years ago? So who knows. Birds and other animals often find the need for bigger females so perhaps their early ancestors were the same?

Touche.

All I meant was that it didn't necessarily mean the women were dominant.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#32New Post! May 23, 2011 @ 05:39:03
@offbeat Said

they were technologically disqualified ...when you consider that the european invaders encountered stone age man in the americas ..it makes you gasp when you consider how long it took them to steal the land .

They may not have had guns like Europe, but you could hardly call them Stone Age. Even then, many tribes were more than willing to gain guns once they came in contact with them (as well as horses, and any other "modern" tech for that matter).
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#33New Post! May 23, 2011 @ 06:52:31
@shinobinoz Said

Oh BS!
Previous to the disease carrying alien invasion, we had cities larger than anything in europe. We had pyramids larger then Egypt. We had well established trade routes from South America to the northern reaches of North America and from East to West.
We had a multitude of cultures are vast and different as any in europe.

Steal the land they did, but only after disease had broken our might. You confuse technology with good.

i'm talking from the point of view of power / military etc ....the native americans used stone age weapons ...and it still took the europeans and later the 'americans' over 3 hundred years to destroy the existing culture /way of life .
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#34New Post! May 23, 2011 @ 16:24:11
@chisa96 Said

extremist. christian. minister.

Put those three words together and you're not going to come up with any opinion that's even worth clicking a link for.

Sounds about right!
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#35New Post! May 23, 2011 @ 23:34:03
@offbeat Said

i'm talking from the point of view of power / military etc ....the native americans used stone age weapons ...and it still took the europeans and later the 'americans' over 3 hundred years to destroy the existing culture /way of life .

I still would not use stone age as the descriptor though.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#36New Post! May 24, 2011 @ 03:14:15
@shinobinoz Said

Nor would I. It probably depends on which civilization you're talking about, but all of them would be far more advanced than Stone Age.

london, United Kingdom
#37New Post! May 24, 2011 @ 06:45:04
@shinobinoz Said

if a culture exists with the absence of worked metal then it is a stone age culture ...because ,they are using stone ....there's no shame in that ...what's the problem ?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#38New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 01:40:06
@offbeat Said

if a culture exists with the absence of worked metal then it is a stone age culture ...because ,they are using stone ....there's no shame in that ...what's the problem ?

Metal had been used of course. The philosophy for most First Nation's often led us to return to a more equilibrium live style. But you are confusing the words here. Look it up and you will see that you are a thousand years off. Call it what you will I guess.

london, United Kingdom
#39New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 18:55:25
@shinobinoz Said

Metal had been used of course. The philosophy for most First Nation's often led us to return to a more equilibrium live style. But you are confusing the words here. Look it up and you will see that you are a thousand years off. Call it what you will I guess.

oh ..i get what you mean ...you're seeing the stone age as a period in time exclusively ...whereas i'm going on the materials used ...ok ,lets call the south american / mexican culture , oh and the pueblo of the u.s south west as 'modern' stone age ...and ,i'm afraid we will have to view the north american plains natives as stone age proper .
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#40New Post! Oct 05, 2011 @ 02:48:45
Full circle!
Tim Pawlenty, Mike Huckabee, Haley Barbour, Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich all made appearances on Fischer’s show.... as of late Romney.
https://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2011/10/romney-to-share-stage-with-afa’s-anti-indian-black-muslim-gay-grizzly-bears-mormons-bryan-fischer/
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#41New Post! Oct 05, 2011 @ 02:58:10
You know how Canada got its name?

Canada comes from the Native word kanata meaning village. It is said when white man came to what is now Canada, they asked the Native leader to tell them the name of the nation/country. Due to language differences, it was misunderstood that kanata mean nation when it really meant village.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#42New Post! Oct 05, 2011 @ 03:16:17
@offbeat Said

Yes and no
Just a good bow person could load and fire many more times than a musket loader your position was not given away by smoke or sound.

The bow did have its disadvantages and you must remember that First Nation people did not work with each other as a whole.

Hell even today the number one thing that they have been working on is sound and smoke for long range rifles
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#43New Post! Oct 05, 2011 @ 03:16:19
@offbeat Said

They did use worked metal though, maybe not in the same way, but they could and did use the various metals available to them, and were doing so before the Spaniards came. So if that is your qualification for using that word, you are just wrong.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#44New Post! Oct 05, 2011 @ 04:09:30
@DorkySupergirl Said

You know how Canada got its name?

Canada comes from the Native word kanata meaning village. It is said when white man came to what is now Canada, they asked the Native leader to tell them the name of the nation/country. Due to language differences, it was misunderstood that kanata mean nation when it really meant village.

So it goes without saying that it really does take a Canada to raise a child!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#45New Post! Oct 05, 2011 @ 04:14:18
@shinobinoz Said

Full circle!
Tim Pawlenty, Mike Huckabee, Haley Barbour, Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich all made appearances on Fischer’s show.... as of late Romney.
https://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2011/10/romney-to-share-stage-with-afa’s-anti-indian-black-muslim-gay-grizzly-bears-mormons-bryan-fischer/

"You might say he’s an equal opportunity bigot.

Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association (AFA), who has made hate-mongering remarks about the Indigenous Peoples of Turtle Island, African Americans, Muslims, gays and grizzly bears revealed recently that he isn’t too fond of Mormons, either."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...8 9 10 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs