Native Americans

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...9 10 11 · >>
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#1New Post! Sep 18, 2009 @ 19:54:05
I officially have the upmost respect and compassion for them.

We're learning all about the early American colonia period... and I am SO happy my relatives didn't come to America until the early 1900s.
This is not to say that I REGRET what our founding fathers did to create The United States of America, don't get me wrong. I'm prouid to live where I live. I love everything about America... EXLUDING the injustice done to the Native Americas.

It sucks, I apolgize for what they did.

Idk what you want to happen, I wish you the best of luck, and if it so happens that you do gain whatever Maryland/Pennsylvania land you had back and I happen to live there... can I still have Freedom of Speech, Expression, and my computer/internet?

I actually find the Native American culture facinating and Sherman Alexie, in my opinion, is one of the best writers ever.
PEACE.
blackfoot1964 On December 08, 2016

Dunstable, Massachusetts
#2New Post! Sep 18, 2009 @ 20:01:14
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#3New Post! Sep 18, 2009 @ 20:09:58
Canada's got a pretty dark past involving 1st Nations too, sadly. While the US tried to kill them off, the Canadian government used a more 'humane' approach, aka Residential Schools. I already knew most of the stuff that happened mainly because about 7/10ths of the kids I know are 1st Nations and because my cousin's dad was forced to attend a Residential School.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residential_schools
nothingtodo On September 21, 2010

Deleted

#4New Post! Sep 18, 2009 @ 20:17:58
Yep, what happened was completely horrific, it should taught correctly in schools, but it isn't and I never forsee it happening.
We like the glossy Thanksgiving notion.
jonblaze On May 11, 2011

Tulsa, United States (general)
#5New Post! Sep 18, 2009 @ 20:19:15
a lot of history is distorted and watered down in school
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#6New Post! Sep 20, 2009 @ 06:35:36
@Kristy69 Said

We're learning all about the early American colonia period... and I am SO happy my relatives didn't come to America until the early 1900s.
This is not to say that I REGRET what our founding fathers did to create The United States of America, don't get me wrong. I'm prouid to live where I live. I love everything about America... EXLUDING the injustice done to the Native Americas.

Idk what you want to happen, I wish you the best of luck, and if it so happens that you do gain whatever Maryland/Pennsylvania land you had back and I happen to live there... can I still have Freedom of Speech, Expression, and my computer/internet?

I actually find the Native American culture facinating and Sherman Alexie, in my opinion, is one of the best writers ever.
PEACE.

I think I could agree with you here.......I feel the same way......but what I don't understand is.......how come every time this issue is brought up on here......about 98% of the members say stuff like..." why should I say sorry for slavery....I didn't own any slaves." Or this classic one..."get over it.....it happened over 200 years ago." Or "can't you just move on...stop dwelling on the past." I think as long as I have been a member on this site.....there has always been this funky attitude about blacks and slavery..... also, I hear alot of people say..."i'am not saying i'am sorry for something I had nothing to do with." Or they say...."my family never owned slaves." I mean dam.....I think it was just as INSANE as what America did to the Native Americans.....I give you kudos for your compassion.....wish more Americans felt the way you do...... P.S. In case any of you are wondering.....personally, I don't need an apology......i'am good!!!! 8)
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#7New Post! Sep 22, 2009 @ 16:40:19
i wish i could have been a native american... their lifestyle is much more appealing than modern america's... its truly shame we annihilated it so completely...
Justanotherfont On December 27, 2009

#8New Post! Sep 22, 2009 @ 16:55:26
@Kristy69 Said

PEACE.

You know what thank you! When we talk of racism, No one ever mentions the Native Americans. I am 1/4th Cherokee my ancestors walked the trail of tears. I am fortunate my grandmother and mother passed on different traditions to me. That I in turn have passed on to my children. I have taken the liberty of teaching my children the truth about their ancestors b/c schools around here do not! Glad to hear at least one is!

Chicago, Illinois
#9New Post! Sep 22, 2009 @ 17:27:05
@chisa96 Said

i wish i could have been a native american... their lifestyle is much more appealing than modern america's... its truly shame we annihilated it so completely...

Kudos my friend.......wish some people felt and say things like that about what my ancestors went through because of slavery in this country......no one even responded to my post!! Oh well!!!
Stigma On February 13, 2010
zombie vomit

Deleted

, New Hampshire
#10New Post! Sep 22, 2009 @ 17:33:12
Well. I guess I can forgive you.

I kid I kid.

Chicago, Illinois
#11New Post! Sep 22, 2009 @ 18:07:11
@Stigma Said

Well. I guess I can forgive you.

I kid I kid.

Forgive who? Me!!! Cool......
Stigma On February 13, 2010
zombie vomit

Deleted

, New Hampshire
#12New Post! Sep 22, 2009 @ 18:08:36
@Spinkiegirl Said

Forgive who? Me!!! Cool......

Whaaaat? No no. Kristy69 Silly!
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#13New Post! Sep 22, 2009 @ 18:09:57
@Spinkiegirl Said

In case any of you are wondering.....personally, I don't need an apology......i'am good!!!! 8)

You don't need an apology, yet you bring it up more often then anyone else...?

Chicago, Illinois
#15New Post! Sep 22, 2009 @ 18:54:00
@MlissaBeth Said

You don't need an apology, yet you bring it up more often then anyone else...?

Why don't you and I take a long walk on a short pier......you go first!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...9 10 11 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs