Native Americans

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#151New Post! Oct 06, 2009 @ 13:56:07
@Charlemagne Said

If you've never had to sit in the back of the bus or drink from a Whites Only water fountain then your experience diminished to second hand accounts. I'm pretty sure you haven't spent a single moment as a slave.

You ask how there isn't as many rich black people in America as whites conveniently ignoring the disparity between black vs white population levels just for starters.

Secondly, you're gonna cry that river about not being proud of America and also ignore the fact that there's more wealthy blacks in America than anywhere else on earth.

Your incessant crying makes me a little sick, almost as much Shinozbinoz's first nation bellyaching.

Both of you need to get the f*** over it already.

In that case.....STOP READING OUR POSTS......you know where the off button is.....USE IT!!!
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#152New Post! Oct 06, 2009 @ 14:02:34
@iwannano Said

I am on page 57 of the book you linked to. That's pretty F**ked up about the way that book 'the Clansmen;' was excepted by the ignorant .
I did not say you were wrong or that I was right . Of course anyone that had ever read anything with any real truth on the history of the USA knows that the Europeans brought with them the slaves they owned when they came to these shores . And Also at that time they tried to kill off the Natives and also that is when the salve trade known as the trans Atlantic started.
Yes the Chinese were brought to the west coast in ships much the same as blacks were brought the the east coast . And they were ripped from there families in the home villages before they ever packed in the hold of those ships. The Mexicans were here and had been enslaved for 4 or 5 centuries by the Spaniards .

https://books.google.com/books?id=ScoaAJ5uq7UC&dq=slavery+and+the+making+of+america+book&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=I7LKSrPsMo-HlAfD5rySAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7#v=onepage&q=slavery%20and%20the%20making%20of%20america%20book&f=false This this the book I was talking about "Slavery And The Making Of America"..when you click on the link, you will see the book......scroll down the page until you get to the 'introduction' page....that's what I was talking about......however the book you mentioned is horrible!
Charlemagne On December 10, 2012

Houston,
#153New Post! Oct 06, 2009 @ 14:09:34
@Spinkiegirl Said

In that case.....STOP READING OUR POSTS......you know where the off button is.....USE IT!!!

Nah, I'll keep reading and keep calling bulls*** when I see it.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#154New Post! Oct 06, 2009 @ 14:18:36
@Spinkiegirl Said

https://books.google.com/books?id=ScoaAJ5uq7UC&dq=slavery+and+the+making+of+america+book&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=I7LKSrPsMo-HlAfD5rySAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7#v=onepage&q=slavery%20and%20the%20making%20of%20america%20book&f=false This this the book I was talking about "Slavery And The Making Of America"..when you click on the link, you will see the book......scroll down the page until you get to the 'introduction' page....that's what I was talking about......however the book you mentioned is horrible!

Yes ,I started reading from the intro and continued untill I got to page 57 , and then I bookmarked the site and will go back and read some more later.
blondieblue227 On January 08, 2012

, Virginia
#155New Post! Oct 06, 2009 @ 20:29:56
There?s lots of thing?s I?m not proud of as an American.
While I want to be informed about the past, I will not dwell on it or use it as a crutch.
I want more from my country. I will do the best I can for my country to improve it.
I mainly want to learn about the past to see if it?s repeating itself and to point it out to people if it is.
As I said before, move forward!
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#156New Post! Oct 07, 2009 @ 03:20:27
@Charlemagne Said

Actually-it started with the British before the American revolution:

According to historian Francis Parkman, Amherst first raised the possibility of giving the Indians infected blankets in a letter to Colonel Henry Bouquet, who would lead reinforcements to Fort Pitt. No copy of this letter has come to light, but we do know that Bouquet discussed the matter in a postscript to a letter to Amherst on July 13, 1763:

P.S. I will try to inocculate the Indians by means of Blankets that may fall in their hands, taking care however not to get the disease myself. As it is pity to oppose good men against them, I wish we could make use of the Spaniard's Method, and hunt them with English Dogs. Supported by Rangers, and some Light Horse, who would I think effectively extirpate or remove that Vermine.

On July 16 Amherst replied, also in a postscript:

P.S. You will Do well to try to Innoculate the Indians by means of Blanketts, as well as to try Every other method that can serve to Extirpate this Execrable Race. I should be very glad your Scheme for Hunting them Down by Dogs could take Effect, but England is at too great a Distance to think of that at present.

On July 26 Bouquet wrote back:

I received yesterday your Excellency's letters of 16th with their Inclosures. The signal for Indian Messengers, and all your directions will be observed.

We don't know if Bouquet actually put the plan into effect, or if so with what result. We do know that a supply of smallpox-infected blankets was available, since the disease had broken out at Fort Pitt some weeks previously. We also know that the following spring smallpox was reported to be raging among the Indians in the vicinity.

To modern ears, this talk about infecting the natives with smallpox, hunting them down with dogs, etc., sounds over the top. But it's easy to believe Amherst and company were serious. D'Errico provides other quotes from Amherst's correspondence that suggest he considered Native Americans subhumans who ought to be exterminated. Check out his research for yourself at www.nativeweb.org/pages/l egal/amherst/lord_jeff.html. He not only includes transcriptions but also reproduces the relevant parts of the incriminating letters.

https://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1088/did-whites-ever-give-native-americans-blankets-infected-with-smallpox

Already knew that. That is why I stated europeans, followed by americans. Very barbaric people at that time!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs