MoshaFreak On May 02, 2016

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 00:59:13
thats all i can think of atm
Oisin On January 27, 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 01:00:18
why do you need to decide now if you already said that you weren't planning on it at the minute anyway ?

sounds like you have plenty of other things to be dealing with before thinking/worrying about this.
vekta On November 18, 2013

#4New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 01:04:25
It's too bad your parents brushed off the possibility of letting you try Kava. I'm not saying it'll work for sure or anything. I'm not a doctor. But it would be worth a shot...specially in this circumstance. That's a hard spot to be in.

It's worked for me and a few of my friends. If you pushed for it maybe it would work for you.(and let you have kids later)

I'll be around yahoo and whatnot if you want to bounce thoughts off someone.
astrohamgirl On June 16, 2012

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#5New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 01:07:43
@Oisin Said

why do you need to decide now if you already said that you weren't planning on it at the minute anyway ?

sounds like you have plenty of other things to be dealing with before thinking/worrying about this.

My mother likes to plan ahead. WAY ahead!

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#6New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 01:08:27
@vekta Said

It's too bad your parents brushed off the possibility of letting you try Kava. I'm not saying it'll work for sure or anything. I'm not a doctor. But it would be worth a shot...specially in this circumstance. That's a hard spot to be in.

It's worked for me and a few of my friends. If you pushed for it maybe it would work for you.(and let you have kids later)

I'll be around yahoo and whatnot if you want to bounce thoughts off someone.

Thanks!
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#7New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 01:54:00
So taking the meds now could cause birth defects in your children later? Or you can't become pregnant because taking the meds while preggers could cause birth defects and you can't be without the meds?

If it is the first, then you need to think ahead right now. It would be quite the travesty to find out in 10 years that you can't have kids due to the meds you are taking now.

If it is the latter, then you would not be the first person to go off of her meds for a pregnancy, it's possible that you could have some meds added back in later in the pregnancy after the highest risk is overwith. Sometimes if psychiatric symptoms are severe enough, it would require hospitalization during the earlier stages of pregnancy, but it would not be the end of the world.

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#8New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 01:59:46
@alk1975 Said

So taking the meds now could cause birth defects in your children later? Or you can't become pregnant because taking the meds while preggers could cause birth defects and you can't be without the meds?

If it is the first, then you need to think ahead right now. It would be quite the travesty to find out in 10 years that you can't have kids due to the meds you are taking now.

If it is the latter, then you would not be the first person to go off of her meds for a pregnancy, it's possible that you could have some meds added back in later in the pregnancy after the highest risk is overwith. Sometimes if psychiatric symptoms are severe enough, it would require hospitalization during the earlier stages of pregnancy, but it would not be the end of the world.

It's the second. And i know it's not the end of the world but, it is stressful to think about. Especially when you have a mother like mine...
I know she means well but, I don't want to think that far yet.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#9New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 02:04:14
Yeah, I didn't think it was that big a deal if it just meant you can't take it during a pregnancy. People have to stop taking all sorts of drugs, legal or illegal, when pregnant. Those listed birth defects are common for a lot of them.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#10New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 02:06:53
In fact, the doctor shouldn't have been so dramatic. Of course you can still have kids.

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#11New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 02:07:05
@Leon Said

Yeah, I didn't think it was that big a deal if it just meant you can't take it during a pregnancy. People have to stop taking all sorts of drugs, legal or illegal, when pregnant. Those listed birth defects are common for a lot of them.

You have to admit it is still a scary thought...
For both the mother and the child.

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#12New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 02:07:48
@Leon Said

In fact, the doctor shouldn't have been so dramatic. Of course you can still have kids.

Doctors like messing with my head in my free time.
I have come to that conclusion!
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#13New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 02:10:29
@astrohamgirl Said

You have to admit it is still a scary thought...
For both the mother and the child.

Like I just posted, thank the doctor for being so dramatic. Yes, it is a scary thought....

.....if you take the drugs while pregnant.

So don't. What the doctor should have said, "Hattie, you absolutely cannot take them while pregnant", rather than open with "Hattie, you may never have kids."

sheesh

(not at you, at the doc)
vekta On November 18, 2013

#14New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 02:13:34
You know what pisses me off...

If more natural plant herbs were made available as medicine we could eliminate the need for a huge amount prescriptions. Big pharmaceutical companies can't make money off natural herb medicine like they can off the designer crap they put on the market.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#15New Post! Jun 04, 2011 @ 02:15:18
@astrohamgirl Said

It's the second. And i know it's not the end of the world but, it is stressful to think about. Especially when you have a mother like mine...
I know she means well but, I don't want to think that far yet.

I didn't mean to sound flippant with the not the end of the world comment. I agree you don't need to think about it right now, and your mother should not be putting that kind of stress on you. By not the end of the world, I meant if you should happen to need hospitalization in order to get through a pregnancy, but if I am not mistaken, there are options for meds after the end of the first trimester, so it's not like you would be off the meds for 9-10 months.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs