The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

Parents deported, what happens to US-born kids?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Aug 25, 2012 @ 22:21:56
Heart breaking stories.
https://news.yahoo.com/parents-deported-happens-us-born-kids-160817545--finance.html
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#2New Post! Aug 25, 2012 @ 22:26:39
That is sad.
Richard142 On February 15, 2015

Greater London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 02:49:07
More than sad, a continuing tragedy.
In England it is a nightmare of unfathomable proportions, even farce, in this political quagmire. Criminals remain here, those who want to return have become stateless as most destroyed their documents when they tried to remain. With the recession many want to return home but are unable. Exploitation of the most vulnerable exists in all communities.
Somewhat as the verse: "Big fleas have lesser fleas upon their backs to bite them and so infiniteum".
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#4New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 03:12:32
It is very sad but emotions have no place in the law. They came to America illegally. When you go to another country illegally and get caught, you are deported. That is the consequence of their illegal actions. I'm sorry but I feel for them, I really do but we must not forget they came illegally and the law is to deport them. They chose to have children knowing if born on US soil the kids are American citizens and knowing full well if they got caught they could be deported. So perhaps the question is not about anyone deporting an illegal but why would someone have a kid knowing they might be separated from them when they are deported. They have kids in hope we will feel bad and then allow them to stay.

So while I find it sad, its only right to deport every person who comes into the country illegally. I hear Canada is getting rid of anchor baby so any kid born from illegals on Canada soil will not be considered a Canadian citizen and will be deported too.
Richard142 On February 15, 2015

Greater London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 04:40:49
WOW, we were all immigrants once, or our parents parents back how many generations it takes. Migration has enabled prosperity both for the migrant and the host community. That there are more than enough unemployed here does not mean we don't need migrants. The most adventurous seek work where ever it can be found and then bring their families. Many locals who are not actively seeking work are part of an illegal economy, working without declaration or paying taxes. As with tax avoidance many manage to minimise their tax liability.
We need to reintegrate vast communities who see themselves outside the law. A view many law abiding share in most so called developed nations. Us and them.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#6New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 05:28:45
The thing I don't understand is why didn't the husband help her attain residency.... or citizenship?

It's a sad thing but I agree with DorkySupergirl. She got caught breaking the law, plain and simple.

Still, there are plenty.. and I mean plenty of people who work specifically to try and help others like that woman attain legal status.

It's no secret that this country has a large amount of illegals living here.

But THE HUSBAND and the damn kids are citizens.. there's this thing they could have filed for.. uhm I think it's called "relative petition".

and that's just ONE way that any of this could have been avoided.

I don't feel too bad because it seem they were lazy about being here the right way.

even if someone is illegal here, there are ways they can request for either a temp or permanent residency (greencard)

I assume they were ignorant about the law, but that would be even more reason to research it and know what to do.

She got lazy ,.... the husband got lazy and now they're in this predicament.

The husband is an American citizen.. what a douche thing to do.. be a citizen and basically give a big "f*** YOU" to your wife, allowing her to be deported.

what a dumb a**
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 10:06:36
@JuanSmith Said

The thing I don't understand is why didn't the husband help her attain residency.... or citizenship?

It's a sad thing but I agree with DorkySupergirl. She got caught breaking the law, plain and simple.

Still, there are plenty.. and I mean plenty of people who work specifically to try and help others like that woman attain legal status.

It's no secret that this country has a large amount of illegals living here.

But THE HUSBAND and the damn kids are citizens.. there's this thing they could have filed for.. uhm I think it's called "relative petition".

and that's just ONE way that any of this could have been avoided.

I don't feel too bad because it seem they were lazy about being here the right way.

even if someone is illegal here, there are ways they can request for either a temp or permanent residency (greencard)

I assume they were ignorant about the law, but that would be even more reason to research it and know what to do.

She got lazy ,.... the husband got lazy and now they're in this predicament.

The husband is an American citizen.. what a douche thing to do.. be a citizen and basically give a big "f*** YOU" to your wife, allowing her to be deported.

what a dumb a**

Yeah I agree but nowadays, everything is the goverments fault. People taking responsibility is a thing of the past.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#8New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 14:51:21
@DorkySupergirl Said

It is very sad but emotions have no place in the law. They came to America illegally. When you go to another country illegally and get caught, you are deported. That is the consequence of their illegal actions. I'm sorry but I feel for them, I really do but we must not forget they came illegally and the law is to deport them. They chose to have children knowing if born on US soil the kids are American citizens and knowing full well if they got caught they could be deported. So perhaps the question is not about anyone deporting an illegal but why would someone have a kid knowing they might be separated from them when they are deported. They have kids in hope we will feel bad and then allow them to stay.

So while I find it sad, its only right to deport every person who comes into the country illegally. I hear Canada is getting rid of anchor baby so any kid born from illegals on Canada soil will not be considered a Canadian citizen and will be deported too.

First Nations have been saying that for years. Now look at the big mess!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#9New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 14:51:51
@Richard142 Said

WOW, we were all immigrants once, or our parents parents back how many generations it takes. Migration has enabled prosperity both for the migrant and the host community. That there are more than enough unemployed here does not mean we don't need migrants. The most adventurous seek work where ever it can be found and then bring their families. Many locals who are not actively seeking work are part of an illegal economy, working without declaration or paying taxes. As with tax avoidance many manage to minimise their tax liability.
We need to reintegrate vast communities who see themselves outside the law. A view many law abiding share in most so called developed nations. Us and them.

Not quite all.....

, Canada
#10New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 15:17:12
@Richard142 Said

You are correct, many people move to other countries for a better life. I can only imagine how hard it is to leave everything you know and pack up and just move. However, there is a LEGAL way to do it.

We are to ignore laws because the person is a good person? We are to ignore laws because its a sad situation?

I think not. And if we ignore one law, we must ignore all laws. She knew how to get citizenship if her husband had one but she made a choice not to and she made a choice while not having citizenship to have a child knowing full well she could be deported.

I am shocked that people try to break laws and blame the government and then because its sad try to think its okay and the laws won't be enforced then people with no legal training think its okay to break laws.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 15:26:33
@DorkySupergirl Said

You are correct, many people move to other countries for a better life. I can only imagine how hard it is to leave everything you know and pack up and just move. However, there is a LEGAL way to do it.

We are to ignore laws because the person is a good person? We are to ignore laws because its a sad situation?

I think not. And if we ignore one law, we must ignore all laws. She knew how to get citizenship if her husband had one but she made a choice not to and she made a choice while not having citizenship to have a child knowing full well she could be deported.

I am shocked that people try to break laws and blame the government and then because its sad try to think its okay and the laws won't be enforced then people with no legal training think its okay to break laws.

Eh! f*** 'em if they can't wait another moment (20-30 years) to save their lives from whatever crap they are existing in, not to mention years for even a work visa.
And let's not forget that spouses and kids of us citizens are supposed to have immediate entry. That somehow got missed.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 15:30:08
This is interesting:
https://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-05-15-legal-immigrants-cover_x.htm
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#13New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 16:30:13
Deport the kid with them.

, Canada
#14New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 17:02:35
@raditz Said

Deport the kid with them.

I do believe that if a baby is born on US soil, the baby becomes a US citizen and can't just be deported. The babies are anchor babies, they are usually born on US soil on purpose so that later the child can get their relatives to come over as their sponsor. And its done so people will have compassion for the mom and let her stay in America with her now American child. People are not stupid and work to get around the laws.

I do believe only Canada and USA has the policy and rest determine citizenship based on one parent being a legal citizen. Canada is looking at eliminating the anchor baby and having it so at least one parent needs to be a legal Canadian citizen for the baby to be deemed Canadian. We have had a lot of people coming over illegally and having babies on purpose.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#15New Post! Aug 26, 2012 @ 17:06:56
The dad is a citizen too. Only the mother was deported. And there are legal ways to get this deportation waived.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs