Forums:
Relationships

Give me a freaking break!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
whisperingwind29 On April 14, 2008

Jacksonville,
#1New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 23:19:56
Ok guys, I wasn't going to let this bother me but...IT DOES!!

Why is it that when your dating someone or exploring a friendship with the potiential of being more...sometimes they just disappear?

I mean there are those weird siduations where something bad happens in their lives like a death in the family, or someone they love is sick and in the process of dealing they just loose touch with u and, by the time life levels out it seems too difficult and uncomfortable to try to reconnect. Life does throw nasty curve balls.

But whats with dissapearing in general? I was seeing this guy,..we had a lot in common and even our differences where intresting to discuss...we shared our thoughts on things that where important to us..as well as random stuff. We made each other laugh.

And then poof,..gone!! I've called twice and left messages,..not "I'm pissed" messages but rather hey "just checking in to see whats up" and, then one saying "hey, want to grab some lunch this weekend..call me if ur free.".....So far nothing..just silence. I refuse to call again..you don't get a third call from me when I'm met with silence!

We met at a resturant,..that both of us went to independently even before we knew each other, and I made myself go back because I'll be damned if my fear of bumping into him makes me give up a place I love to go.

I know he's alive because one of the waitresses there told me just yesterday that he was in for dinner this week. SO, what gives?

Why is it so hard for some guys/girls to tell the person their seeing that it just isn't working for them,..or that they need some time to figure out what they want,..or simply good-bye? Ok, so confronting someone with the truth isn't always pretty and it can hurt..but COME ON PEOPLE!!...have some guts!!

All people deserve the truth...not just taking the cowards way out and disappearing. I mean yes, the message is loud and clear this way..he isn't intrested anymore.

I get that, and its life. I'm not even sure if he came back, that I'd want him in my life at this point..but I'm a big girl...I deserve something in the way of a mature good-bye.

I realize I'm not going to get one..but the question remains,..why do people do that to each other? To save themselves from an ackward siduation? Well I have news for them...if u walk into a relationship, PLEASE have the guts and the respect, to walk-out with at least respect for another human being!!

We all deserve the truth...we all deserve respect.

OK, I'm done purging!! Thanks for listening and if u have any insight please let me know.

Nicole
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#2New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 23:23:41
Maybe he's met someone else and its easier for him to just cut you out without having to face it. Its the easy way out and quite frankly sucks.
The worst part is not knowing, gah that drives me insane. At least with a response youll get a definite yes or no
MICK_SKINS On September 26, 2009

medway, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 23:34:33
@whisperingwind29 Said
Ok guys, I wasn't going to let this bother me but...IT DOES!!

Why is it that when your dating someone or exploring a friendship with the potiential of being more...sometimes they just disappear?

I mean there are those weird siduations where something bad happens in their lives like a death in the family, or someone they love is sick and in the process of dealing they just loose touch with u and, by the time life levels out it seems too difficult and uncomfortable to try to reconnect. Life does throw nasty curve balls.

But whats with dissapearing in general? I was seeing this guy,..we had a lot in common and even our differences where intresting to discuss...we shared our thoughts on things that where important to us..as well as random stuff. We made each other laugh.

And then poof,..gone!! I've called twice and left messages,..not "I'm pissed" messages but rather hey "just checking in to see whats up" and, then one saying "hey, want to grab some lunch this weekend..call me if ur free.".....So far nothing..just silence. I refuse to call again..you don't get a third call from me when I'm met with silence!

We met at a resturant,..that both of us went to independently even before we knew each other, and I made myself go back because I'll be damned if my fear of bumping into him makes me give up a place I love to go.

I know he's alive because one of the waitresses there told me just yesterday that he was in for dinner this week. SO, what gives?

Why is it so hard for some guys/girls to tell the person their seeing that it just isn't working for them,..or that they need some time to figure out what they want,..or simply good-bye? Ok, so confronting someone with the truth isn't always pretty and it can hurt..but COME ON PEOPLE!!...have some guts!!

All people deserve the truth...not just taking the cowards way out and disappearing. I mean yes, the message is loud and clear this way..he isn't intrested anymore.

I get that, and its life. I'm not even sure if he came back, that I'd want him in my life at this point..but I'm a big girl...I deserve something in the way of a mature good-bye.

I realize I'm not going to get one..but the question remains,..why do people do that to each other? To save themselves from an ackward siduation? Well I have news for them...if u walk into a relationship, PLEASE have the guts and the respect, to walk-out with at least respect for another human being!!

We all deserve the truth...we all deserve respect.

OK, I'm done purging!! Thanks for listening and if u have any insight please let me know.

Nicole

Opinion only.
The guy may have suddenly been hit by feelings he has for you, so becomes confused, scared (mainly of rejection) therefore turned into a frightened child as most decent men do in smilar situations. Leave messages to express your feelings for him & it may help him relax & come out of his shell & converse his feelings once he feels they are being reciprocated, well worth a go.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#4New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 23:42:53
[Why is it so hard for some guys/girls to tell the person their seeing that it just isn't working for them,..or that they need some time to figure out what they want,..or simply good-bye? Ok, so confronting someone with the truth isn't always pretty and it can hurt..but COME ON PEOPLE!!...have some guts!!]

Why is it so hard indeed?..
maybe he has fallen in love with someone else..
or, maybe he has fallen in love with 'you' and is truly fearful for the first time, in possibly a long time if it's the right move to make.
..if he is setting himself up for heartach and such that he cannot handle..
it may have nothing at all to do with cowardice, but of genuine fear..
give it time for him to contact you, 'reasonable' time.
If he doesn't contact you at least you know, (though it's a lousy way for it to go down), ..
Quite possibly, he himself, may not even know himself yet what the 'truth' is, and he feels confused, trapped, and alone..
he may be thinking about you way more than you could ever dream.

..just offering a different perspective..
akamartin On October 23, 2008

parkes, Australia
#5New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 00:56:58
combine the first two responses and you have many different reasons why he just "dissapered" but have you thought that maybee he is just an a*****e that chooses not to talk to you anymore? there are people out there that get bored with someone and just forget they ever knew them, maybe he did not have any sort of feelings for you at all.... just another thought

Jacksonville,
#6New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 04:17:39
@loveis Said
[Why is it so hard for some guys/girls to tell the person their seeing that it just isn't working for them,..or that they need some time to figure out what they want,..or simply good-bye? Ok, so confronting someone with the truth isn't always pretty and it can hurt..but COME ON PEOPLE!!...have some guts!!]

Why is it so hard indeed?..
maybe he has fallen in love with someone else..
or, maybe he has fallen in love with 'you' and is truly fearful for the first time, in possibly a long time if it's the right move to make.
..if he is setting himself up for heartach and such that he cannot handle..
it may have nothing at all to do with cowardice, but of genuine fear..
give it time for him to contact you, 'reasonable' time.
If he doesn't contact you at least you know, (though it's a lousy way for it to go down), ..
Quite possibly, he himself, may not even know himself yet what the 'truth' is, and he feels confused, trapped, and alone..
he may be thinking about you way more than you could ever dream.

..just offering a different perspective..
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#7New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 04:20:35
Don't know if you responded back to me, or just forgot to post it.
I will take it as an acknowlegement that you have read it and are having different ideas.

Jacksonville,
#8New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 04:23:03
thanks so much for ur imput

It makes it easier when u have others to talk to. I won't hold my breath, but honestly the idea that he might just be feeling vunerable did cross my mind..I guess I just didnt want to go there and get excited and then get hurt it thats not the case.

But on the safe side, thats why I haven't blasted him with my frustration yet...becaue I want to give him room to figure out what is going on inside him...I probably wont blast him anyway because if he has written me off whats the point..I'm just wasting my time.

If does have feelings for me, I don't want to get angry and scare him away further...right now I think I'll just sit tight and wait it out

Hugs..Nicole
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#9New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 04:27:21
@whisperingwind29 Said
thanks so much for ur imput

It makes it easier when u have others to talk to. I won't hold my breath, but honestly the idea that he might just be feeling vunerable did cross my mind..I guess I just didnt want to go there and get excited and then get hurt it thats not the case.

But on the safe side, thats why I haven't blasted him with my frustration yet...becaue I want to give him room to figure out what is going on inside him...I probably wont blast him anyway because if he has written me off whats the point..I'm just wasting my time.

If does have feelings for me, I don't want to get angry and scare him away further...right now I think I'll just sit tight and wait it out

Hugs..Nicole

Good plan..that's my motto in life period, no matter the situation - "Hope for the best, but expect the worst".
That way, there is no disappointment. (Or surprises at least).

Jacksonville,
#10New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 04:28:41
no lovies, I agree with u all....I just hit send before I meant to and wound up posting a blank pages...sorry guys
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#11New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 04:32:59
@whisperingwind29 Said
no lovies, I agree with u all....I just hit send before I meant to and wound up posting a blank pages...sorry guys

tis okay, we have all done it from time to time, and Iam sure we will all do it again
Good luck to you in your situation - I can truly feel your pain
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs