AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#76New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 23:25:13
@townie_guy Said

Lol, do you see why so many simple things, not just this, can be avoided with a simple understanding of the opposite sex. Since I went out my way to understand this sort stuff, it has helped me a lot.

Indeed. Classes/workshops/seminars on communication works tremendously as well.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#77New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 23:26:44
Once you learn how to not be a push over and be more communicative, then things shall be easier. I'm working on that right now.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#78New Post! Jul 26, 2012 @ 01:08:08
@someone_else Said

Indeed. Classes/workshops/seminars on communication works tremendously as well.

Yep. This is why when I get the advice "Just Be yourself" I disagree.

Sure dont be a faker, but theres nothing wrong with improvement. And I think a lot of guys who recieve this excellent advice dont actually get what it really means.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#79New Post! Jul 26, 2012 @ 16:35:46
@townie_guy Said

Yep. This is why when I get the advice "Just Be yourself" I disagree.

Sure dont be a faker, but theres nothing wrong with improvement. And I think a lot of guys who recieve this excellent advice dont actually get what it really means.

Ahh yeah. Quite the different interpretation. I can see where the signals get crossed.
Rini On January 16, 2014

, Georgia
#80New Post! Dec 12, 2012 @ 14:27:39
no. I'm not attracted to jerks. I tell them what I think of them. I am attracted to nice guys...you don't ALL finish last. I can't find my man either because it seems like all you guys want to do is get in my pants
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#81New Post! Dec 12, 2012 @ 19:10:20
@Rini Said

no. I'm not attracted to jerks. I tell them what I think of them. I am attracted to nice guys...you don't ALL finish last. I can't find my man either because it seems like all you guys want to do is get in my pants

You must have nice pants...
NNewt84 On July 19, 2018

Adelaide, Australia
#82New Post! Oct 13, 2015 @ 03:44:22
Actually, there are women who prefer nice guys. You seem to forget that everyone has different tastes, and what's appealing to one woman may not appeal to others.

I remember watching one of the Amazing Atheist's "Penetrating Teenage Girl's Brains" videos, and I scrolled through the comments and found one guy who said, "Remember when girls liked real men like Arnold Schwarzenegger? Now they're into pretty boys like One Direction and Justin Bieber."

And I was thinking to myself, "Dude, there's plenty of girls who like tough guys. Not every girl is some brain-dead idiot who blindly follows what the media thinks girls should be like. A lot of them just want to be themselves and don't care about social trends or lame pop music." I wanted to reply to this chauvinist, but he disabled replies, and it's probably best that I didn't start a flame war over some random misogynistic comment on YouTube, since they're really not worth it. He was basically saying, "Remember when all girls conformed to strict societal standards and couldn't be themselves? Now they're conforming to other strict societal standards and aren't being themselves!" when in reality, all girls have different tastes in guys. Some women like brawny, tough guys, while others like soft, sensitive guys, and others don't even really care what their man is like, as long as he's genuinely kind and sweet. That's all it is; we all have different preferences, whether we're men or women.

Anyway, that is my say on the matter. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

(P.S. I know this is another thread that hasn't been touched for years, but I thought I'd give my say on the matter, since I deeply care about women, and the whole "be yourself" thing. I just want to share my opinions, mmkay?)
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#83New Post! Oct 13, 2015 @ 04:16:10
Wow, Newt.... you really are bumping the old ones today, aren't you. Careful mate, you might just make TFS interesting again..!!

I look on this as a bit of an outsider. I'm not really interested in what men think of me in a romantic sense (for obvious reasons) but I do find myself interested intellectually in what men say or how they think.

It doesn't matter to me if a man is brash or shy... muscle bound or not..... If he treats me with respect and gives me a fair hearing then I will do the same for him. It's how I treat women too.

No, people don't have to be "intelligent" (whatever that means) but I do like it when they tell me what they think fairly and honestly, and are prepared to accept that my argument may be different to theirs. We can exchange views and opinions and either find common ground or agree to disagree. That's fair enough.

The unfortunate thing is that some men (and women, come to that) feel a need to force their view on others. A sort of "You WILL agree with me or else" and if they can't bully their way into making you submit to their view, will hate you for it. That's their insecurity showing and frankly, it's sad.

Another unfortunate aspect is the individual who feels they have to "win" a discussion as if it was some sort of football match. They want to come out of it punching the air, hoisting some imaginary trophy above their heads and taking a lap of honour in full view of the rest of the forum. That's infantile.

The men I mix with in real life are warm, friendly, confident and intelligent. I like them, I enjoy their company and we share good times. I'm glad I have them in my life. I don't want a man to perform press-ups with one hand or show me his war medals. In the words of the song; "That don't impress me much". I just want him to be around to be my friend, with honesty, decency and compassion.

For me, that's a REAL man.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#84New Post! Oct 13, 2015 @ 04:37:08
Well, it's good to see that we finally got the lesbian view on what makes a man desirable. I guess we can put this topic to bed now, since Jenny has spoken.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs