Evolution vs The Bible..

what's the closest to reality when it comes
to the formation of man??
Narnar On December 28, 2010

At home, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 09:49:38
A gorrilla.

Hands, same body type, monkey ears?
I believe we evolved from monkeys, looking back to neanderthals they are people who actually look like monkeys, and chimps and things.

I'm not religous, and this is my view
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 09:51:29
evolution - I thought long and hard about christianity last night and i came to the conclusion that if any religion is real then christianity is the least likely.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#4New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 01:08:21
i was in a second hand book store last week going through some old national geographics,
on the cover of one it said in huge letters 'WAS DARWIN WRONG!?'

i opened it up and flicked to the section and on a big double page spread was the same question,'WAS DARWIN WRONG!?'

i was like, what the hell?
but then on the next page the title said 'No, the evidence is overwhelming'

and its true, the evidence is overwhelming, it is for all intents a fairly fundamental truth. that life evolved is simple fact. debate is still going on of course about the exact processes involved.
mixieloca On September 13, 2020

queens,
#5New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 01:15:45
I choose the Bible.Itz more credible to me that we came from a Creator and not a monkey or ape
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#6New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 01:25:45
@mixieloca Said
I choose the Bible.Itz more credible to me that we came from a Creator and not a monkey or ape

in spite of peoples personal feelings on the matter,
its certain that evolution did occur, all the evidence says that it does.
to dismiss it is pure ignorance.

queens,
#7New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 01:29:18
I didn't say that evolution didn't occur.But it occured within a certain manner when it comes to animals yes. When it comes to animals eventually turning human, i disagree with that!
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#8New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 01:34:55
@mixieloca Said
I didn't say that evolution didn't occur.But it occurred within a certain manner when it comes to animals yes. When it comes to animals eventually turning human, i disagree with that!

so animals evolved but people didn't?
where did we come from to be independent of the natural order?
what about say neanderthal man?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#9New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 01:35:18
Humans either evolved from other primates (not really monkeys) over millions of year (and the scientific evidence overwhelmingly supports this), or humans evolved from a lump of dirt which was magically tranformed into a human...Shazam!

Science vs. magic
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#10New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 01:38:32
that we evolved from single cell organisms isn't that hard to fathom when considered in the context that every single one of us grew from a single cell in the womb.

queens,
#11New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 20:28:14
@chaski Said
Humans either evolved from other primates (not really monkeys) over millions of year (and the scientific evidence overwhelmingly supports this), or humans evolved from a lump of dirt which was magically tranformed into a human...Shazam!

Science vs. magic

But that dirt had to come from somewhere, according to the book of Genesis, it came from God! The components that made up that dirt had to come from someplace. It just wasn't there.

queens,
#12New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 20:33:28
@alexkidd Said
so animals evolved but people didn't?
where did we come from to be independent of the natural order?
what about say neanderthal man?

We may have, but we didn't come from any animal. That brings me to the question which came first the chicken or the egg? We could apply this question to a lot of things that we r discussing. Something had to start the ball rolling, which is why itz more credible for me to believe in a Creator!

Asme251 On December 21, 2017
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#13New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 20:39:38
@mixieloca Said
We may have, but we didn't come from any animal. That brings me to the question which came first the chicken or the egg? We could apply this question to a lot of things that we r discussing. Something had to start the ball rolling, which is why itz more credible for me to believe in a Creator!

You are correct, we did not come from any animal; we were the animals. 98 percent of our DNA is similar to that of a chimp... will you atleast consider that as evidence?
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 20:41:36
Why do people dismiss the evidence of their own eyes?

You KNOW that you can breed species to suit whatever is required (provided the DNA will allow such changes). we do it with dogs, cats, sheep, cows and goldfish.

Yet when it comes to a human...up comes the ol' "humans never change" argument.
Well, I'm sorry, but humanity is getting taller and taller over recent generations...it's called "evolution in action". Just because you cannot see the changes within the single generation you personally live in, does not mean they are not happening.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#15New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 21:26:21
@mixieloca Said
But that dirt had to come from somewhere, according to the book of Genesis, it came from God! The components that made up that dirt had to come from someplace. It just wasn't there.

anyway you look at it the genisis version is magic (and IMO mythology...silly mythology at that).

evolution is either a natural process, or a natural process sparked by a creator.

there is really no way around it...bible = magic; evolution = science

science vs. magic.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs