The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Do you make the choice? or are you the victim?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 15, 2009 @ 20:37:57
My recent teachings have taught me that everything that happens to me is a result of me making a choice...past times in my life i have played the victim... i was the victim of my cicumstances...but now i have accepted responsibility for what may or may not happen in my life i am alot happier, and my life has started to pick up for me as a result of me making the decisions on what is going to happen

So do you accept that you made the choice for what happens in your life? or are you the victim?
hope On March 17, 2015

haifa, Israel
#2New Post! Mar 15, 2009 @ 20:48:27
@Elite_Dragon Said

My recent teachings have taught me that everything that happens to me is a result of me making a choice...past times in my life i have played the victim... i was the victim of my cicumstances...but now i have accepted responsibility for what may or may not happen in my life i am alot happier, and my life has started to pick up for me as a result of me making the decisions on what is going to happen

So do you accept that you made the choice for what happens in your life? or are you the victim?

yeah i think that everything happen to me in life whether bad and happy is a result of my own choices.
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Mar 15, 2009 @ 20:51:02
i didn't really expect anyone to say they are the victims lol because nobody wants to admit that, but i hope that those that read this and think they are the victim decide to make a change in thier views
BeTTyBeLL On November 28, 2010
made just right

Kosciusko, Mississippi
#5New Post! Mar 15, 2009 @ 20:52:58
Good or bad, it was the CHOICES I made, IMO there are rare instances when a person is a true victim, I also have little patience for those who like to play the victim as well..My ex was like that, blaimed everyone for every wrong when he should have looked deep inside himself.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#6New Post! Mar 15, 2009 @ 20:59:52
I depends on the circumstances.
A lot of people get into patterns of negative behaviour that can cause a lot of hardship in their lives.

A way to overcome this is to accept responsibility for your actions and the implications of them and not simply to look at your problems as outside of yourself. Then they become insurmountable.
How can you fight your destiny to be a battered wife? or an addict? or emotionally isolated etc. etc. etc.

Of course in some cases we simply are the victim, if i'm sitting on my couch and a car crashes through my window killing me i didn't 'bring it on', bad things happen beyond our control.

People can bring the thinking too far in either direction.
Lillyanne On March 18, 2009

Deleted

Marylebone, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Mar 15, 2009 @ 21:53:18
Well then I will say it....I was a victim of domestic violence

But not any more

I consider my self a survivor now
Gc_ShortStop2 On February 13, 2010

in my hunny's arms its where i
#10New Post! Mar 15, 2009 @ 21:54:29
thank you so i can say i am a victim... but also i do play the victim role in some other areas of my life and its a good perspective to seee it from the other point of view and i have all intentions of changing that
smilelove On September 01, 2013
Ninja Dreamer

Somewhere, Ohio
#11New Post! Mar 15, 2009 @ 21:55:10
Some things you have no control over though and people need to stop worrying over those things...
Gc_ShortStop2 On February 13, 2010

in my hunny's arms its where i
#13New Post! Mar 15, 2009 @ 21:56:25
@Lillyanne Said

Well then I will say it....I was a victim of domestic violence

But not any more

I consider my self a survivor now

im glad to hear that you have moved past it... im still fightin with my demons but im trying to move past it
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#15New Post! Mar 15, 2009 @ 21:57:48
It would be great if it was as clear cut as that however, I don't know that is that clear cut. In light of my recent experience I think I I became a victim because of choices I made. I did not choose to be a victim , he chose to make me his victim and I did'nt see it that way until it was way to late. Don't know if that makes any sense or not because I am sleep deprived and really emotional but I think that's the way I feel ATM anyway.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs