The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Belief in God hinges on the reality and morality of hell.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#31New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 03:59:03
@deal1 Said

That was her CHOICE...
I take it that she may have given it to a TV ministry?
They need to read about Christs outrage in the Temple...a den of thieves.
and ACT on it...TV ministries are some of the biggest shysters to ever come down the trail...which is why, my relationship with God is personal.

And that is exactly why you and I can have a conversation about this issue!
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#32New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 04:05:42
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I am not sure if I have asked you this before, but, what religious cult did you grow up in?

I only ask because the hatred you show towards a being you do not believe in, is palpable. I do not remember any thread you have started that is not an attack on gods, and, your response to spinkie here seems harsh, but not extraordinarily so... Generally, people only hate that much when they have been hurt in a very personal way by the one they hate.

You're free to hate this non-existent being (as you believe god to be), but it does seems like a waste of time, life and energy, to be honest.

Thank you my friend!
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 08:22:36
@GreatestIam2 Said

I have no particular problem with the punishment and justice issue and can follow the reasoning.

My initial comment was ?Justice and merci I do not see as the same.?

Regards
DL

Its nice to know that someone around here can follow my reasoning.........I often can't follow it myself....

Anyway, looking back I see my words were loose, in as much as the original argument of Talbot revolved around the idea that "without justice to the full there can be no mercy, and without mercy to the full there can be no justice", which is not quite the same as declaring they are "one and the same.Period."

All the best
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#34New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 11:27:10
@Spinkiegirl Said

Thank you! I mean really....how is my believe in God harmful to the OP? I don't understand the attack!

Hitler could not understand why the rest of the world frowned upon genocide either.

Follow your God and thank him for geneociding our ass. That was a good thing.

Regards
DL
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#35New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 11:31:51
@GreatestIam2 Said

Hitler could not understand why the rest of the world frowned upon genocide either.

Follow your God and thank him for geneociding our ass. That was a good thing.

Regards
DL

Please give an example of the genocide you are referring to. The one that God is supposed to have orchestrated.

Ottawa, Canada
#36New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 11:33:42
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I am not sure if I have asked you this before, but, what religious cult did you grow up in?

I only ask because the hatred you show towards a being you do not believe in, is palpable. I do not remember any thread you have started that is not an attack on gods, and, your response to spinkie here seems harsh, but not extraordinarily so... Generally, people only hate that much when they have been hurt in a very personal way by the one they hate.

You're free to hate this non-existent being (as you believe god to be), but it does seems like a waste of time, life and energy, to be honest.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOqGhcwwE1s

For evil to grow my friend, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can.

Regards
DL
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#37New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 11:34:48
@GreatestIam2 Said

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1

They also do much harm to their own.

Jesus Camp 1of 9

For evil to grow my friend, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can.

Regards
DL

Heeyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....I happen to have a few witch doctor friends!!!

Ottawa, Canada
#38New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 11:38:46
@carlstss Said

well god didnt create hell both heaven and hell have to exist. the balance between good and evil must remain for the other to exist. for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

So if God created heaven and there must be a balance, then he had to create hell at the same time.

Put a bit of thought into what you write before writing it. You will appear more intelligent.

Regards
DL
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#39New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 11:40:44
@GreatestIam2 Said

So if God created heaven and there must be a balance, then he had to create hell at the same time.

Put a bit of thought into what you write before writing it. You will appear more intelligent.

Regards
DL

???

Ottawa, Canada
#40New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 11:44:37
@Spinkiegirl Said

I'am a Christian.....I fear nothing but God! Sure, it's all fine and well that each human has the right and free will do and believe as they wish.....but consider this....I hurt NO ONE with my personal beliefs and how I practice my faith as a Christian woman!

You are not alone in this world and your ilk do much damage as you support them.

Jesus Camp 1of 9

Not to mention how the Church discriminates Gays and women without just cause.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#41New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 11:46:53
@BozieFozie Said

Please give an example of the genocide you are referring to. The one that God is supposed to have orchestrated.

Ever hear of Noah?

Regards
DL
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#42New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 11:56:57
@GreatestIam2 Said

Ever hear of Noah?

Regards
DL

A feat performed by good old Mother Nature!!!
Fellie On May 15, 2014

Waipawa, New Zealand
#43New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 12:14:05
First of all, while I do not believe in a God however I am open to the possibility of there being one (or more).

I answered no to all of the questions in the OP and like all of these threads I have come to the opinion that it depends on your perspective of the Bible.

If you believe everything in the Bible is solid fact then God comes off as superficial and full of hate. I say this because the Bible God expects everyone to follow his way or he will hurt you.

If you see the Bible as a buffet then you are open to many more views and meanings. You can choose to believe that God is kind to everyone however he will be upset if you don't thank him for it. Or you could believe it to be fictional with a meaning behind like one of Aesop's fables.

At the end of the day no one is certain what happens after death so I think you should enjoy life while you can.
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#44New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 12:18:31
@Fellie Said

First of all, while I do not believe in a God however I am open to the possibility of there being one (or more).

I answered no to all of the questions in the OP and like all of these threads I have come to the opinion that it depends on your perspective of the Bible.

If you believe everything in the Bible is solid fact then God comes off as superficial and full of hate. I say this because the Bible God expects everyone to follow his way or he will hurt you.

If you see the Bible as a buffet then you are open to many more views and meanings. You can choose to believe that God is kind to everyone however he will be upset if you don't thank him for it. Or you could believe it to be fictional with a meaning behind like one of Aesop's fables.

At the end of the day no one is certain what happens after death so I think you should enjoy life while you can.

A wonderful post, Fellie!!!
Fellie On May 15, 2014

Waipawa, New Zealand
#45New Post! Jan 06, 2011 @ 12:24:04
@BozieFozie Said

A wonderful post, Fellie!!!

Thanks, thought I would add my 2 cents instead of lurking this time
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others