Jokes & Humor

Being British

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rondetto On about 2 hours ago

Wrexham, United Kingdom
#1New Post! May 24, 2023 @ 11:22:48
Being typically BRITISH:😂😂
🇬🇧 Having to shout “weyhey” if someone spills a drink or drops a glass in the pub.
🇬🇧Saying “Aaaaaah” after taking the first sip of a cold beer.
🇬🇧 Having to have a beer at the airport, even though it is before 6am.
🇬🇧Staring at your phone in silent horror until the unknown number stops ringing
🇬🇧Hearing a recording of your own voice and deciding it’s perhaps best never to speak again
🇬🇧The relief when someone doesn’t answer their phone within three rings and you can hang up.
🇬🇧 Being obsessed with the weather.
🇬🇧Filming an entire fireworks display on your phone, knowing full well you’ll never, ever watch it again
🇬🇧 Mishearing somebody’s name on the second time of asking, meaning you must now avoid them forever.
🇬🇧 Leaving everything til the last minute.
🇬🇧Obsession with the traffic.
🇬🇧Asking people “How their journey was?”
🇬🇧 Leaving it too late to correct someone, meaning you must live with your new name forever
🇬🇧 Running out of ways to say thanks when a succession of doors are held for you, having already deployed ‘cheers’, ‘ta’ and ‘nice one’
🇬🇧 Wearing shorts and sunglasses the moment the sun comes out.
🇬🇧 Having a Barbecue the moment the sun comes out.
🇬🇧 Insisting the barbecue will still go on despite the rain.
🇬🇧 Changing from ‘kind regards’ to just ‘regards’, to indicate that you’re rapidly reaching the end of your tether
🇬🇧 Realising you’ve got about fifty grand’s worth of plastic bags under your kitchen sink
🇬🇧"You’ll have to excuse the mess” – Translation: I’ve spent seven hours tidying in preparation for your visit
🇬🇧 Indicating that you want the last roast potato by trying to force everyone else to take it.
🇬🇧Knowing that putting the kettle on in a crisis will calm the situation down.
🇬🇧 The overwhelming sorrow of finding a cup of tea you forgot about
🇬🇧 Turning down a cup of tea for no reason and instantly knowing you’ve made a terrible, terrible mistake
🇬🇧 Suddenly remembering your tea and necking it like a massive, lukewarm shot.
🇬🇧Forming a queue for almost anything.
🇬🇧 Finding queue jumping as a serious crime 🤣
🇬🇧 "I’m off to bed” – Translation: “I’m off to stare at my phone in another part of the house”
🇬🇧 Waiting for permission to leave after paying for something with the exact change
🇬🇧 Saying hello to a friend in the supermarket, then creeping around like a burglar to avoid seeing them again
🇬🇧 Watching with quiet sorrow as you receive a different haircut to the one you requested, whilst nodding approvingly as they hold the mirror up behind you, to show you what you can not see at the back.
🇬🇧 Being unable to pay for something with the exact change without saying “I think that’s right”
🇬🇧 Starting a controversial statement with “I’m not being funny, but...”
🇬🇧 Overtaking someone on foot and having to keep up the uncomfortably fast pace until safely over the horizon
🇬🇧 Being unable to turn and walk in the opposite direction without first taking out your phone and frowning at it
🇬🇧 Deeming it necessary to do a little jog over zebra crossings, while throwing in an apologetic mini wave
🇬🇧 Punishing people who don’t say thank you by saying “you’re welcome” as quietly as possible
🇬🇧 Loudly tapping your fingers at the cashpoint, to assure the queue that you’ve asked for money and the wait is out of your hands
🇬🇧 Looking away so violently as someone nearby enters their PIN that you accidentally dislocate your neck.
🇬🇧 Finding nothing better than a Danish bacon sandwich.
🇬🇧 Being squashed on the train by a larger person and pretending you don’t notice when they are half sitting in your seat.
🇬🇧 Being sure to start touching your bag 15 minutes before your station, so the person in the aisle seat is fully prepared for your exit
🇬🇧 Repeatedly pressing the door button on the train before it’s illuminated, to assure your fellow commuters you have the situation in hand
🇬🇧 Having someone sit next to you on the train, meaning you’ll have to eat your crisps at home
🇬🇧 The huge sense of relief after your perfectly valid train ticket is accepted by the inspector
🇬🇧 The horror of someone you only half know saying: “Oh I’m getting that train too”
🇬🇧 “Sorry, is anyone sitting here?” – Translation: Unless this is a person who looks remarkably like a bag, I suggest you move it
🇬🇧 Worrying you’ve accidentally packed 3 kilos of cocaine and a dead goat as you stroll through “Nothing to declare”
🇬🇧 Being unable to stand and leave without first saying “right”
🇬🇧 Not hearing someone for the third time, so just laughing and hoping for the best
🇬🇧 Saying “anywhere here’s fine” when the taxi’s directly outside your front door.
🇬🇧 Getting in a taxi and trying your hardest not to say it, but you know you will eventually say “you been busy mate?”
🇬🇧 Saying “Sorry” for absolutely everything even though it was not your fault.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs