Religion & Philosophy

Are we living in God

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! May 07, 2011 @ 19:45:36
Are we living in God’s kingdom, or Satan‘s?

What did Jesus mean when He said “The Kingdom of God is at hand?

Mat 4;17
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Jesus seems to be saying that God’s kingdom was right there at that point in time and that would also mean that it is still here and now.

If God began by being master and owner of all that is, and he spans or owns the whole of creation, and scripture is right that says he does not change, then logic says that we are now in is God’s kingdom and we never left it.

Ps 139 8
If I ascend into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
Romans 12:21
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

These also seem to confirm that God is everywhere, even in hell, where he is working at saving lost souls and that would make the following quote also true.

2 Peter 3;9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Obviously, nothing and no one can thwart God’s will. He always gets what he wills even if at times we cannot understand how he does it. All souls are therefore saved and none perish.

Now I know some will say that there cannot be anything evil in God’s kingdom. Consider that Satan was in heaven before God made him the prince of this world. Therefore, there can definitely be evil in God’s kingdom. In fact, the myths of Eden and Job both show God consorting with Satan. In Eden, he allows Satan access to A & E and in Job, to Job.

If hell and earth are no longer in God’s kingdom, then that would mean that God lost some of his original holdings/kingdom, and I cannot see any good reason for him to change from full ownership of what was, to partial ownership of what is.

Are we living in God’s kingdom, or Satan‘s?

Regards
DL
ericmknight1906 On December 15, 2011

Daytona Beach, Florida
#2New Post! May 12, 2011 @ 19:38:29
You need spiritial understanding. When Jesus said the Kingdom of God is at hand, he was talking about himself being in the presence of the people.
Unfortunately, the dignitaries of that time couldn't understand Jesus because they were too busy trying to rationalize. The kingdom of God or Heaven is not at any particular place or location. The kingdom of God is wherever God is at any given time. The kingdom of Heaven can dwell in you by way of the Holy Ghost.

Otherwise, the Earth is considered the Devil's kingdom. Read Job Chap. 1 for clarification. Everybody thinks that the devil is in Hell. When actually the devil is right here in the Earth walking to and fro seeking whom he may devour.
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#3New Post! May 12, 2011 @ 19:40:01
@ericmknight1906 Said

You need spiritial understanding. When Jesus said the Kingdom of God is at hand, he was talking about himself being in the presence of the people.
Unfortunately, the dignitaries of that time couldn't understand Jesus because they were too busy trying to rationalize. The kingdom of God or Heaven is not at any particular place or location. The kingdom of God is wherever God is at any given time. The kingdom of Heaven can dwell in you by way of the Holy Ghost.

Otherwise, the Earth is considered the Devil's kingdom. Read Job Chap. 1 for clarification. Everybody thinks that the devil is in Hell. When actually the devil is right here in the Earth walking to and fro seeking whom he may devour.

Says the emo devil baby.

Daytona Beach, Florida
#4New Post! May 12, 2011 @ 20:04:46
@galasTAray Said

Says the emo devil baby.

Ironic isn't it?...

Ottawa, Canada
#5New Post! Jun 20, 2011 @ 11:54:13
@ericmknight1906 Said

Yes.

God has shown that he rewards rebellion against poor laws or conditions.
Satan, was rewarded with the earth as his kingdom, A & E were rewarded with a moral sense and Cain was protected and became king of a city for killing Abel.

WTF is wrong with your God and why does he not impose on Satan the reward--hell--that he said was created for him?

If a human judge deferred sentences on criminals the way God does, he would be thrown out of any intelligent system.

God is unjust just for that.

Regards
DL

Daytona Beach, Florida
#6New Post! Jun 24, 2011 @ 15:46:22
@GreatestIam2 Said

Yes.

God has shown that he rewards rebellion against poor laws or conditions.
Satan, was rewarded with the earth as his kingdom, A & E were rewarded with a moral sense and Cain was protected and became king of a city for killing Abel.

WTF is wrong with your God and why does he not impose on Satan the reward--hell--that he said was created for him?

If a human judge deferred sentences on criminals the way God does, he would be thrown out of any intelligent system.

God is unjust just for that.

Regards
DL

I understand your concern but there is a point behind that deferment.
The purpose of SATAN is to build faith in GOD amongst the Saints.
You can't go to a weight room and get stronger without lifting weights. That would defeat the purpose of going to the weight room.

Faith is detrimental to eternal salvation which must be earned! God gives us the choice: Spend eternal hell with your buddy, the devil which takes little effort since we have all inherited the nature of sin... Or, EARN eternal salvation with JESUS. Its no easy task. The devil was allowed to roam the earth for a reason...

But GOD gives us a choice according to these scriptures:

Joshua 24:15 CHOOSE you this day whom ye will serve...

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other...
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#7New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 19:42:01
We are living in Man's Kingdom. We make of it what we will according to how we were raised and our environment. Yes, you do have free will. No one, not even the God you believe in can control you unless you allow it. You can choose to live a "heavenly life" meaning free from evil works, or you can choose a "hell" on earth (make bad choices). God does not force anyone's hand, the choice is yours.
Your insistance that Satan is in control is a way for you to rationalize your own bad behavior, when in fact there is no Satan, there is only you and the evil you do of your own free will.

Ottawa, Canada
#8New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 21:03:14
@ericmknight1906 Said

I understand your concern but there is a point behind that deferment.
The purpose of SATAN is to build faith in GOD amongst the Saints.
You can't go to a weight room and get stronger without lifting weights. That would defeat the purpose of going to the weight room.

Faith is detrimental to eternal salvation which must be earned! God gives us the choice: Spend eternal hell with your buddy, the devil which takes little effort since we have all inherited the nature of sin... Or, EARN eternal salvation with JESUS. Its no easy task. The devil was allowed to roam the earth for a reason...

But GOD gives us a choice according to these scriptures:

Joshua 24:15 CHOOSE you this day whom ye will serve...

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other...

"The purpose of SATAN is to build faith in GOD amongst the Saints"

What a joke. I am sure Satan will work real hard for God right to the day God puts him in hell forever.

Either you are silly or you think I am.
If you believe what you wrote then you are.

Job also refutes your words. his faith did not need strengthening according to God.

"Faith is detrimental to eternal salvation which must be earned!"

Some think works are required and some think faith in Jesus is all that is required. If the church ever makes up it's mind then we can look at you opinion serious. in the mean time, it is no better that the other.

Paul, in one writing says faith alone and in another says by works. Flip the coin.

I prefer the following method as it makes God a winer instead of a loser but then you would have to think like a universalist.

2 Peter 3:9 KJ
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

You might consider that slavery was outlawed by man many years ago.
You should stop promoting slavery.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#9New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 21:07:23
@futilevoice Said

We are living in Man's Kingdom. We make of it what we will according to how we were raised and our environment. Yes, you do have free will. No one, not even the God you believe in can control you unless you allow it. You can choose to live a "heavenly life" meaning free from evil works, or you can choose a "hell" on earth (make bad choices). God does not force anyone's hand, the choice is yours.
Your insistance that Satan is in control is a way for you to rationalize your own bad behavior, when in fact there is no Satan, there is only you and the evil you do of your own free will.

Well put.

The shedding of responsibility comes quite easily when your dogma says that you are to profit from the murder or self aggrandizing suicide of an innocent Jesus scapegoat.

Christians think such an immoral practice is quite moral.

Regards
DL

Daytona Beach, Florida
#10New Post! Jun 26, 2011 @ 11:40:46
@GreatestIam2 Said

"The purpose of SATAN is to build faith in GOD amongst the Saints"

What a joke. I am sure Satan will work real hard for God right to the day God puts him in hell forever.

Either you are silly or you think I am.
If you believe what you wrote then you are.

Job also refutes your words. his faith did not need strengthening according to God.

"Faith is detrimental to eternal salvation which must be earned!"

Some think works are required and some think faith in Jesus is all that is required. If the church ever makes up it's mind then we can look at you opinion serious. in the mean time, it is no better that the other.

Paul, in one writing says faith alone and in another says by works. Flip the coin.

I prefer the following method as it makes God a winer instead of a loser but then you would have to think like a universalist.

2 Peter 3:9 KJ

You might consider that slavery was outlawed by man many years ago.
You should stop promoting slavery.

Regards
DL

Again, Satan's purpose is to build faith amongst the saints. Satan's purpose is to drive saints away from GOD. Saints build their faith by resisting SATAN. I can't make it any simpler for you to understand.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him (GOD): for he that cometh to GOD must believe that HE IS, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I notice in all of your posts that you are very confrontational and thrive on controversy. You seem to have a real issue with Christians for some reason and are very disrespectful towards the Christian Faith.
I believe in the Spirit of GOD and I believe That Jesus Christ died for the purpose of saving me from my sinful nature. If you have a problem with that then that's an issue that you should take up with you and your god.

Otherwise your rants and constant badgering are not even worthy of any further response.

Ottawa, Canada
#11New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 14:22:43
@ericmknight1906 Said

Again, Satan's purpose is to build faith amongst the saints. Satan's purpose is to drive saints away from GOD. Saints build their faith by resisting SATAN. I can't make it any simpler for you to understand.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him (GOD): for he that cometh to GOD must believe that HE IS, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I notice in all of your posts that you are very confrontational and thrive on controversy. You seem to have a real issue with Christians for some reason and are very disrespectful towards the Christian Faith.
I believe in the Spirit of GOD and I believe That Jesus Christ died for the purpose of saving me from my sinful nature. If you have a problem with that then that's an issue that you should take up with you and your god.

Otherwise your rants and constant badgering are not even worthy of any further response.

Are you ever so special. God died for you.
If that is not a swollen head then I do not know what is.

Keep your immoral position and do not do as asked by your scapegoat Jesus himself.

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Note that you are supposed to carry your own burden and follow Jesus, not ride him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYaQpRZJl18&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-91mSkxaXs

Regards
DL
LovetheProcess On October 19, 2015

Plymouth, Massachusetts
#12New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 19:16:47
DL I am beginning to think your thread is not one of true question but one where you want to question others beliefs. You seem very ready to argue your point as right and their point as wrong. Perhaps any path that leads to love is correct and though it is always good to shed light on another perspective telling them they are wrong or their idea of god is wrong only shows them the darkness you hold. Maybe instead of condemning their god, point out the highest lessons their god has made, let them see for themselves where conflict arise and allow them to see where darkness may fall. We should all understand that nothing is how it seems, but it is what we see it as that makes it real (at least in our own mind). I hope we notice in our judgments of others we are judging our self and that is darkness as well.
Take pride in all religious ways for the truth of LOVE is taught in all of them, and god's truth is heard by many, questions are always proper, condemnation for thoughts are not. Know that there is a process to this and fear not what another does, live your life in highest regard for yourself and what you truly believe and the lessons will be past on for ages. Condemn those who do not follow and your followers lose faith in you, your lesson will be forgotten but your lessons spirit will live on in others. What is your lesson, one of LOVE or one of hate?

Ottawa, Canada
#13New Post! Jul 12, 2011 @ 20:18:33
@LovetheProcess Said

DL I am beginning to think your thread is not one of true question but one where you want to question others beliefs. You seem very ready to argue your point as right and their point as wrong. Perhaps any path that leads to love is correct and though it is always good to shed light on another perspective telling them they are wrong or their idea of god is wrong only shows them the darkness you hold. Maybe instead of condemning their god, point out the highest lessons their god has made, let them see for themselves where conflict arise and allow them to see where darkness may fall. We should all understand that nothing is how it seems, but it is what we see it as that makes it real (at least in our own mind). I hope we notice in our judgments of others we are judging our self and that is darkness as well.
Take pride in all religious ways for the truth of LOVE is taught in all of them, and god's truth is heard by many, questions are always proper, condemnation for thoughts are not. Know that there is a process to this and fear not what another does, live your life in highest regard for yourself and what you truly believe and the lessons will be past on for ages. Condemn those who do not follow and your followers lose faith in you, your lesson will be forgotten but your lessons spirit will live on in others. What is your lesson, one of LOVE or one of hate?

Thanks for the platitudes.
Go play shrink elsewhere.

Regards
DL
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jul 19, 2011 @ 16:44:35
@ericmknight1906 Said

Yeah, funny that, people spend too much time trying to rationalise today don't they.

Jesus also confirmed that the devil rules this world, firstly when he didn't argue that Satan couldn't give him power over the worlds kingdom when it was offered as parrt of the temptations in the wilderness. Jesus simply said that it was God you should worship and Him alone. Also later Jesus said "The ruler of this world will be cast out" (John 12:29-36) and that "the ruler of this world has been judged" (John 16:10,11) and again "the ruler of this world is comng and he has no hold on me (John 14:30,31). The Apostle Paul later called Satan "the god of this system of things" "2 Corinthians 4:3-6)

However this situation is to be righted at Armageddon, and then finalised at the end of Christ's 1000 year reign.

Incidentally I love the fact that Satan is an anagram of Santa, lol.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#15New Post! Jul 19, 2011 @ 16:48:28
if god is everywhere.
god is in satans house.
but satan aint in gods house?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs