The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Who is the epitome of Evil, God or Satan?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Aug 08, 2011 @ 14:27:46

Though shalt place no one above me. Satan did not as he followed God’s instructions with Job. He was firmly under God’s control.

Many have jumped through hoops to make anyone other than God the most evil in existence yet scripture says that God gets the Gold star in all categories. Even as the most evil. After all, he is said to have created the concept of law. The Word. All Goods and Evils. The first divisive tool for social manipulation and control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh1qWZWNGGE

God is said to have just about all attributes that man has been able to imagine.
God has been reduced to our wish list. Including the creator of an everlasting hell to entertain our more hateful wishes.

God is still ashamed of what he has wrought as in the days of Noah.
Mythical Noah the is. Even after using genocide to reboot his systems. Strange. Another failure. God, if he were real, seems to have two messages for us.
Do as you are told and do not think too much. Hence faith to drive away logic and reason.

As the epitome of Evil, Satan runs a poor second place to God.
Have we put the blame for creations evils on the created, Satan, when it was God, who, as the epitome of Evil, shirked his duty of taking responsibility for what he as God sowed.
That also would mean that Bishop John Spong was right and God is guilty of child abuse by putting the responsibility for his works on Jesus.

Do as I say and not as I do is God’s policy.
I also would argue against his policy or rewarding what he calls rebellion. I E. Giving Satan dominion over mankind and rewarding Cain with a kingdom for murder.
Not a good thing for the law maker to do.
Two stains on his Gold star.

Is God the epitome of evil?
Is that the moral lesson of the flood myth?
What does that say of the literalists who follow Noah’s God and think that genocide is good justice?

Regards
DL
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 08, 2011 @ 17:44:09
@GreatestIam2 Said

Though shalt place no one above me. Satan did not as he followed God’s instructions with Job. He was firmly under God’s control.

Many have jumped through hoops to make anyone other than God the most evil in existence yet scripture says that God gets the Gold star in all categories. Even as the most evil. After all, he is said to have created the concept of law. The Word. All Goods and Evils. The first divisive tool for social manipulation and control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh1qWZWNGGE

God is said to have just about all attributes that man has been able to imagine.
God has been reduced to our wish list. Including the creator of an everlasting hell to entertain our more hateful wishes.

God is still ashamed of what he has wrought as in the days of Noah.
Mythical Noah the is. Even after using genocide to reboot his systems. Strange. Another failure. God, if he were real, seems to have two messages for us.
Do as you are told and do not think too much. Hence faith to drive away logic and reason.

As the epitome of Evil, Satan runs a poor second place to God.
Have we put the blame for creations evils on the created, Satan, when it was God, who, as the epitome of Evil, shirked his duty of taking responsibility for what he as God sowed.
That also would mean that Bishop John Spong was right and God is guilty of child abuse by putting the responsibility for his works on Jesus.

Do as I say and not as I do is God’s policy.
I also would argue against his policy or rewarding what he calls rebellion. I E. Giving Satan dominion over mankind and rewarding Cain with a kingdom for murder.
Not a good thing for the law maker to do.
Two stains on his Gold star.

Is God the epitome of evil?
Is that the moral lesson of the flood myth?
What does that say of the literalists who follow Noah’s God and think that genocide is good justice?

Regards
DL

Satan had no choice mb ut to follow God's instructions regarding Job. God would have stopped him overstepping the mark in his eagerness to prove his challenge. God isn't stopping him completely since the issue wouldn't be proved if he did, but he is limiting his activites soemwhat, which should also make Satan reaise that God could stop him, and will.

The flood was not Genocide, it was a disatser brought on mankind by hs own choices. God made sure they were warned what was to happen and roughly when, and had a way out if they chose to take it. Is it His fault they decided not to? When t hey cme back in the resurrection one hopes they will have leaned their lesson.

Scripture actually pictures God as having 4 major atributes, Love, Wisdom, Justice and Mercy. In love He al;ways gives us a way out, in Wosdom he sets the limitations of what can be done withut harimng His people, injusticve He actsd when forced to, in mercy He relents when given reason to. What's wrong or evil about that?

Satan suduced Eve away from God's Law, and Adam followed her. He has spent the next 6,000 years or so, trying every trick in the book to pull people away from God and into the promised destruction for all those who prove unfaithful. He tried to counter the Ransom Sacrifice by tempting Jesus and thus making him imperfect, He tried, and succeeded in pulling Judaism away from the true path, and he did the same with Christianity. What's right or good about that.

Satan is not only the epitome of evil, he is the source and cause of it all. Without him God would ever have had to act against humanity, because all would have remained faithful. Without him and his fiollowers coming to earth and taking all the women they felt like for themselves God would not have had to bring the Flood. Without Satan abnd his tricks Armageddon would not be necessary amd there would be no Governments since we would be in a Theocracy.

No, Satan has a lot to answer for, as the bible explains, and his time is almost up. Already he has been banished from the Heavens to the vicinity of the earth. Soon he will be imprisoned, and next he will be destroyed along with all those who follow him or who have fallen fro his tricks.

There is nothing evil about God, He even allowed his only son to come to earth to perform a very painful sacrifice on our behalf. There is no greater love than that.

OPh and the law was created not to divide, that had aleready been brought about by Satan's work, it was designed to teach Israel how much they needed the Messiah, and to show them the weakness of a rigid code of behaviour as opposed to the Law of Love which is a principle not simply a list of does and don'ts.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 08, 2011 @ 17:53:51
I'd say man is. Or at least has the capacity to do so. The existence and evil done by God and Satan have not been proved, but the evil shown by man throughout history is undeniable.

Ottawa, Canada
#4New Post! Aug 08, 2011 @ 18:18:12
@MadCornishBiker Said

Satan had no choice mb ut to follow God's instructions regarding Job. God would have stopped him overstepping the mark in his eagerness to prove his challenge. God isn't stopping him completely since the issue wouldn't be proved if he did, but he is limiting his activites soemwhat, which should also make Satan reaise that God could stop him, and will.

So God said to Satan, you can f*** job all you want but do not get him to give you a hand job.

Check.

And you follow that retard. Lol.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#5New Post! Aug 08, 2011 @ 18:18:59
@sister_of_mercy Said

I'd say man is. Or at least has the capacity to do so. The existence and evil done by God and Satan have not been proved, but the evil shown by man throughout history is undeniable.

No argument.

Regards
DL
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Aug 08, 2011 @ 18:38:06
@GreatestIam2 Said

So God said to Satan, you can f*** job all you want but do not get him to give you a hand job.

Check.

And you follow that retard. Lol.

Regards
DL

Not exactly what he said. and being ut of context you have left out the important bits

The first attempt was Job 1 :8 - !2 "And Jehovah went on to say to Satan: “Have you set your heart upon my servant Job, that there is no one like him in the earth, a man blameless and upright, fearing God and turning aside from bad?” 9 At that Satan answered Jehovah and said: “Is it for nothing that Job has feared God? 10 Have not you yourself put up a hedge about him and about his house and about everything that he has all around? The work of his hands you have blessed, and his livestock itself has spread abroad in the earth. 11 But, for a change, thrust out your hand, please, and touch everything he has [and see] whether he will not curse you to your very face.” 12 Accordingly Jehovah said to Satan: “Look! Everything that he has is in your hand. Only against him himself do not thrust out your hand!” So Satan went out away from the person of Jehovah."

When that failed Satan went back to God and pushed a little further.

Job 2 1 - 8 "And Jehovah went on to say to Satan: “Have you set your heart upon my servant Job, that there is no one like him in the earth, a man blameless and upright, fearing God and turning aside from bad? Even yet he is holding fast his integrity, although you incite me against him to swallow him up without cause.” 4 But Satan answered Jehovah and said: “Skin in behalf of skin, and everything that a man has he will give in behalf of his soul. 5 For a change, thrust out your hand, please, and touch as far as his bone and his flesh [and see] whether he will not curse you to your very face.”
6 Accordingly Jehovah said to Satan: “There he is in your hand! Only watch out for his soul itself!” 7 So Satan went out away from the person of Jehovah and struck Job with a malignant boil from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head. 8 And he proceeded to take for himself a fragment of earthenware with which to scrape himself; and he was sitting in among the ashes."

And it still didn't work for Job stayed faithful. So Jehovah rewarded job for his faithfulness with double what he had before, though if you rad the account carefully you will see an apparent deficiency. Job gets back twice the number of sheep and cattle, but only the same number of children as he ahd before. Why? Because he will get the original ones back in the resurrection, completing the reward. Had Job been given twice as many children there and then he would have been given more than promised by the tiem the resurrection. The fat that Job made no comment is a fair indication that he believed in the resurrection that long before Christ.

So you see, if God is forced to allow His people to suffer, or even die as Job's chilfdren did, he always rewards themfor their faithfulness. because of the challenge Satan issued God had no choice to allow it or there would have been questions raised.

There you are, it is followed, explained and countered. Interestingly enough your "challenge" is in many ways the same as the challenge Satan first issued in the Garden of Eden, which I guess ought to tell you something.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs