The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

God 3%. Satan 97%. Does God needs a new marketing man?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Jun 06, 2011 @ 20:24:56
God 3%. Satan 97%. Does God needs a new marketing man?

Many Christians take the view that the Bible says only a few will be saved. There are verses which show just that. You know, the narrow road and the wide road. It also shows that God would have known ahead of time that his program of salvation would be a marketing disaster. Scripture says he is all knowing. Yet he carried on with his present plan rather than choose a different program which could have been a marketing coup and show him as a successful planer instead of a dismal marketing flop.

Why would God not put forward a successful marketing plan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3LNL6wKhXA

It should have been quite easy for him. He had all the answers to any survey question he could have asked in order to gage the best approach to winning the hearts and minds of the population. Omnipotence includes infinite powers of persuasion and any sales or marketing man will know that with that at hand, anyone could deal with any objections to the sale, which is usually the only hindrance to the sale. In this case, selling us on the notion that he is God and should be followed.

Give those same tools to any fool and he would become the new Man/God of the whole world hands down. I am not saying that God is a fool but any marketing firm would fire his ass.

I find it quite strange that at the end of days, Satan will be sitting there in hell gloating over the fact that God has only a small % of all the souls he has created even as scripture says he created all of those souls perfect.
Perfect souls would of course make the perfect choice.
Perfect souls choosing who we are told is the bad guy? What the hell.

Poor God could not get out of heaven in the beginning without losing Satan and 1/3 of God’s angels. He could not get out of Eden without losing Adam and Eve. He could not impress all those of Noah’s day. Not even the dumb animals and even today, he is losing most of us to secular law instead of Biblical law.

Adam and Eve should have been a trophy for God as they did exactly what scripture says we should all do. Learn of good and evil and emulate him and be as bright as Gods. Yet when Adam and Eve became as Gods, God showed great displeasure and cursed everybody up and down including the earth. This I find really strange but then, God works in mysterious ways.
Perhaps that includes being a loser to Satan.
Can’t fight the Bible facts folks.

What do you think?

Does God need a new marketing man to reverse his dismal showing?

Regards
DL
noseycow On September 03, 2015
x dippy madam x

\"proud blackcountry wench\",
#2New Post! Jun 06, 2011 @ 20:36:48
hell =

heaven =

howmuchisthatdoggie On January 09, 2013

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 06, 2011 @ 20:38:20
Given that he's not actually real I would suggest the Marketing Team of Cocoa Cola. Their sterling piece of work on the Advertising gimmick/creation of Santa Claus speaks for itself.
Failing that He could turn to Saatchi and Saatchi who sold the most destructive Prime Minister of the 20th century to the UK as a shop-keeping household-budgeting, level-headed housewife-with-a-will.
Both these marketing strategies still play out in the world today.
You can't say on Network television the Santa does'nt exist and Margaret Thatcher became a mult-millionairess doing the speech circuit in Los Angeles {where she currently resides} and is ln line for a full state funeral, apparently, when Satan decides it's time for his daughter to come back down and "give up the gossip" on the garden of eden we call home.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 06, 2011 @ 20:38:28
On who's ranking is Satan winning because I know a lot of Religious people who support a God and I know a lot of Agnostics and Atheists who don't believe in a literal God or Satan but I have not once, ever in my life, knowingly met someone who supports Satan.
howmuchisthatdoggie On January 09, 2013

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 06, 2011 @ 21:16:24
@jmo Said

On who's ranking is Satan winning because I know a lot of Religious people who support a God and I know a lot of Agnostics and Atheists who don't believe in a literal God or Satan but I have not once, ever in my life, knowingly met someone who supports Satan.

You should get out more matey...
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#6New Post! Jun 06, 2011 @ 23:46:36
I guess we really have to define what it means to win. If God brought his ball and he decides to leave because the game gets rough and he takes his ball with him when he leaves...does Satan have his own ball to continue the game?
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 07, 2011 @ 06:41:12
I suppose that there is the battle and the war. No matter the various battles "satan" wins, some would say the war is already lost.

And then again, what is it to win?

Two main choices. Per St Augustine, and all that has flowed from his thought....Finally, eternally, there shall be two camps. Those who received the Grace of God and live eternally in joy and felicity. Such will testify to the love of God. Then those who received no such grace, who will spend eternity in alienation, suffering and despair. Such will testify to the justice of God. The twin pillars of the Divine. Love and Justice, eternally on display.

The second choice, that in the fulness of time, it is God's EXPLICIT intent, formed before the ages were created, that ALL things (creatures), both in heaven and on earth, shall be reconciled to Himself, and that He shall, IN FACT, be All-In-All of his creation

This based upon Ephesians 1 :10......That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him

See also Colossians 1 :20.....and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

So, what is it to "win"?
Electric_Banana On about 2 hours ago

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Jun 07, 2011 @ 06:53:00
The only person I have a beef with is whoever is in charge of the cute little dream escapades I go on sometimes.

If that isn't just my brain running through processes and someone is broadcasting disturbing imagery and interrupting my cute chic orgy dreams - they've really got to get a new hobby.

Would I do this to them? No.
Does that fact make me better than them? Yes.

So the more it goes on, the more I learn and realize that even though I'm an a*****e, I'm definitely not as useless as I could be.

Ottawa, Canada
#9New Post! Jun 09, 2011 @ 14:54:44
@jmo Said

Support, in this case means following the rules of either Satan or God.

Scripture states clearly that most will follow Satan and not God.
Satan wide road holds more than God narrow path.

If the genocide that God initiated in Noah's day is an example, he only managed to get 8 souls into heaven while Satan got the rest.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#10New Post! Jun 09, 2011 @ 14:57:46
@Glenn Said

I guess we really have to define what it means to win. If God brought his ball and he decides to leave because the game gets rough and he takes his ball with him when he leaves...does Satan have his own ball to continue the game?

You tell me.
The ball represents rules.
Are we living God's rules or Satan's.
I think God's as I see more good than evil in the world but most theists seem to see more evil than good.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#11New Post! Jun 09, 2011 @ 15:02:59
@tariki Said

I suppose that there is the battle and the war. No matter the various battles "satan" wins, some would say the war is already lost.

And then again, what is it to win?

Two main choices. Per St Augustine, and all that has flowed from his thought....Finally, eternally, there shall be two camps. Those who received the Grace of God and live eternally in joy and felicity. Such will testify to the love of God. Then those who received no such grace, who will spend eternity in alienation, suffering and despair. Such will testify to the justice of God. The twin pillars of the Divine. Love and Justice, eternally on display.

The second choice, that in the fulness of time, it is God's EXPLICIT intent, formed before the ages were created, that ALL things (creatures), both in heaven and on earth, shall be reconciled to Himself, and that He shall, IN FACT, be All-In-All of his creation

This based upon Ephesians 1 :10......That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him

See also Colossians 1 :20.....and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

So, what is it to "win"?

The way I read scripture, this shows how God wins.
it also eliminates hell as a concept so most theists do not like to read it my way as it does not allow them an outlet for their hate of all who are not like them.

2 Peter 3:9 KJ
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Note the words not willing and all.

Regards
DL
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#12New Post! Jun 09, 2011 @ 15:31:37
I don´t believe this kind of idea makes sense. God has nothing to do with money. His image would be irrvocably damaged by a commercial touch, so I think it´s best we not explore such a concept.

Ottawa, Canada
#13New Post! Jun 20, 2011 @ 11:47:40
@Conflict Said

I don´t believe this kind of idea makes sense. God has nothing to do with money. His image would be irrvocably damaged by a commercial touch, so I think it´s best we not explore such a concept.

I was not showing the value of money but the value of souls.

Regards
DL
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#14New Post! Jun 23, 2011 @ 17:59:26
Have you considered that maybe God and Satan are one in the same. Our faith in God is only that. Faith. No one has ever seen God or Satan. Religion is based upon man-made concepts to control the masses and explain things we have yet to understand. Our beliefs about where we come from are based in myth and folklore created by humans not God or the Devil.
Octavarium On December 23, 2021

Pacific North West,
#15New Post! Jun 23, 2011 @ 23:55:50
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs