The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Should the Death Penalty be brought back?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...16 17 18
mr_ash On January 08, 2013

, United Kingdom
#257New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 00:59:01
@restoreone Said

5 appeals 6 months for lawyer to prepare 6 months for the appeals.

Now here one that may throw you off

The lawyers who defend these cases must have past a test to even be in this trail. One of the reason there are so many appeals is poor lawyers to begin the case. Give then the cream of the crop at the start not in the end.Yes the voters pay for it.

Less appeals in the courts mean faster courts.

The prisoners must follow all rules from day one break even one you stay in total lock down . Each 6 months review as to whether they can gain a few more freedoms.

I do not know the exact numbers in prisons right now

Sounds incredibly like ideology to me. Still, either way, we still disagree, nothing has been written that could make me change my mind and decide that the DP is a better thing.
Commander4th On May 31, 2021

, United Kingdom
#258New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 06:28:28
@mr_ash Said

Sounds incredibly like ideology to me. Still, either way, we still disagree, nothing has been written that could make me change my mind and decide that the DP is a better thing.

Every1 has a right to their own opinion, i cant argue with that, personally i think murderers give up their right to live when they take some1 else's.
mr_ash On January 08, 2013

, United Kingdom
#259New Post! Jul 16, 2012 @ 01:56:29
@Commander4th Said

Every1 has a right to their own opinion, i cant argue with that, personally i think murderers give up their right to live when they take some1 else's.

I agree, everyone does have their own opinion, and I love that. Otherwise forums and life would be boring as owt.

However, how do you view people who kill themselves before we get a chance to prosecute them?

For example, if someone wants to die (or doesn't care about their own life), then how do you deal with that? They could themselves justify a killing spree.

We had it England a few years ago when some guy walked into a school and gunned down half the class then shot himself. Who chose his right to live or not? He did. What are your thoughts on these types of offences?

Not to mention suicide bombers.

Do you think they have the right to choose to die after killing many people?
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#260New Post! Jul 16, 2012 @ 02:12:55
@mr_ash Said

Sure saves a lot in court cost. It would be great if ALL murderers did that.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#261New Post! Jul 16, 2012 @ 02:16:40
@Deal_With_It Said

Sure saves a lot in court cost. It would be great if ALL murderers did that.

Or sex offenders...

, United Kingdom
#262New Post! Jul 16, 2012 @ 08:31:58
@mr_ash Said

I agree, everyone does have their own opinion, and I love that. Otherwise forums and life would be boring as owt.

However, how do you view people who kill themselves before we get a chance to prosecute them?

For example, if someone wants to die (or doesn't care about their own life), then how do you deal with that? They could themselves justify a killing spree.

We had it England a few years ago when some guy walked into a school and gunned down half the class then shot himself. Who chose his right to live or not? He did. What are your thoughts on these types of offences?

Not to mention suicide bombers.

I can understand some1 with a terminal illness wanting to take their own life, watching some1 slowly wasting away whilst remembering what they used to be like must be the most heartbreaking thing ever.
Some f***ed up idiot wanting to take his/her own life i really could'nt care less, wanting to take a whole load of innocent people with you is pretty f***ed up though.
Why?, Who knows, maybe they dont want to take responsability for their actions so take the easy way out, maybe because they are a nobody, their life is so worthless they want to be remembered for something, look world this is me, but probably because they know their lives after what they've done would be far worse than any death sentance.
But why do people kill?, I dont know, there are probably too many reasons to name, the only thing i know is you cant give them the death sentance if they're already dead, maybe we should'nt bring back the death penalty, maybe we should let them live and suffer

, United Kingdom
#263New Post! Jul 16, 2012 @ 20:33:55
@Commander4th Said

I can understand some1 with a terminal illness wanting to take their own life, watching some1 slowly wasting away whilst remembering what they used to be like must be the most heartbreaking thing ever.
Some f***ed up idiot wanting to take his/her own life i really could'nt care less, wanting to take a whole load of innocent people with you is pretty f***ed up though.
Why?, Who knows, maybe they dont want to take responsability for their actions so take the easy way out, maybe because they are a nobody, their life is so worthless they want to be remembered for something, look world this is me, but probably because they know their lives after what they've done would be far worse than any death sentance.
But why do people kill?, I dont know, there are probably too many reasons to name, the only thing i know is you cant give them the death sentance if they're already dead, maybe we should'nt bring back the death penalty, maybe we should let them live and suffer
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...16 17 18

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs