Forums:
Art & Literature

Harry Potter 7 <warning - spoilers to 6th book>

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
wristband On July 19, 2009

Emerald City,
#1New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 00:28:08
Hmm...I was browsing through the art & literature, looking for something like this. I dunno; last week this kid and school and I got into this discussion about the possible plot in the last Harry Potter series. I read the last one, really, cuz people were always talking about it. It's really more fun to postulate than actually read it sometimes
So, what do you guys think is gonna happen? Is Dumbledore really dead? (That kid doesn't think so) Will Sirius come back? (I hope not; he's just holding Harry back in a way) What's the deal with Harry and Ginny? Have you guys lost all respect for me?
And--what's gonna happen to Hogwarts? I mean, Harry's not there, so I doubt Rowling is going to cover much.
Did it occur to anyone else, either, that Harry and everybody else could just talk to Dumbledore in his painting?
Ok, I'm done.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 00:40:44
@wristband2 Said
Hmm...I was browsing through the art & literature, looking for something like this. I dunno; last week this kid and school and I got into this discussion about the possible plot in the last Harry Potter series. I read the last one, really, cuz people were always talking about it. It's really more fun to postulate than actually read it sometimes
So, what do you guys think is gonna happen? Is Dumbledore really dead? (That kid doesn't think so) Will Sirius come back? (I hope not; he's just holding Harry back in a way) What's the deal with Harry and Ginny? Have you guys lost all respect for me?
And--what's gonna happen to Hogwarts? I mean, Harry's not there, so I doubt Rowling is going to cover much.
Did it occur to anyone else, either, that Harry and everybody else could just talk to Dumbledore in his painting?
Ok, I'm done.

Way to spoil the end of the 6th book! Spoilers warning girl! Spoilers warning!
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#3New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 01:20:08
HAHAHA Im not that into it. Good thing too cause you would have spoiled it!! AHAHAHHAAHHA

Emerald City,
#4New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 02:04:56
OMG, I didn't mean to spoil! I just assumed that whoever would want to talk about the 7th had already read the others. Sorry.
I'm a horrible person; I didn't even realize it!
ai_chan On January 31, 2009

Have You Checked Your Pockets?
#5New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 02:55:54
@wristband2 Said

That DID occur to me, actually...I was discussing it with my sister. However, he's less of a help in a painting, than being the real wizard himself... It sent me into shock when he died... He was my favorite character. ;-;

I have a strange sinking feeling that Jk's going to kill Snape off in the last book... She's always picking on Snape...It will make me very upset if she does... =.= But I have the feeling.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#6New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 03:00:55
It occurred to me right away that everyone could just talk to Dumbledore through the painting.

I do believe he is dead, however I do not believe Snape killed him. There's a lot of convincing evidence at this website that more or less sealed my feelings on it: www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com I think that website does a much better job proving Snape innocent than Dumbledore alive.

I'm not sure what will happen with Hogwarts. I think it will still exist and Harry will periodically return to it, perhaps to seek advice from Dumbledore.

Sirius is dead.

Neither character will come back as ghosts because they both were not afraid of death. Ghosts are people who are afraid of death only.

I really don't care what happens between Harry and Ginny I'm more interested in what's going to happen between Ron and Hermione.

Emerald City,
#7New Post! Jan 28, 2006 @ 00:42:25
Well, Dumbledore could teach Harry powerful spells against Voldemort from the painting; he can still talk. I didn't really wanna believe that he was dead--it was hard to accept.
Yeah, I hope the school wakes up and starts teaching kids about the dangers of Death Eaters and all that--like the D.A.
I think it'd be funny if Rowling ended it as Harry being asked to take the job of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Wouldn't that be...poetic or something? I dunno...
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Jan 28, 2006 @ 00:43:54
@wristband2 Said
OMG, I didn't mean to spoil! I just assumed that whoever would want to talk about the 7th had already read the others. Sorry.
I'm a horrible person; I didn't even realize it!

No worries, sorry, you'll get used to me. Even when I sound like I'm being nasty, I'm really not.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#9New Post! Jan 28, 2006 @ 00:46:20
I've only seen the movies and can't wait for the next one! I'll start reading the books this weekend.
kinglegend On May 06, 2007

Brisbane, Australia
#10New Post! Jan 28, 2006 @ 01:37:08
The movies are crap.
Dumbledore and Sirius are dead, and not returning.
Harry and Ginny were going to be an item, you can tell from the first book As were Hermionie and Ron.
Book 5 was crap.
Book 6 was good.
Snape is a d***head.
As is Harry
any other topics on this book? am a veritable well of knowledge
thegorillas On November 10, 2006

Deleted

United States
#11New Post! Jan 28, 2006 @ 01:39:31
Hey my post got deleted. Why did my post get deleted?
verity On June 16, 2009

Lancaster, South Carolina
#12New Post! Jan 28, 2006 @ 05:14:07
@ai_chan Said

I have a strange sinking feeling that Jk's going to kill Snape off in the last book... She's always picking on Snape...It will make me very upset if she does... =.= But I have the feeling.

JKR has said that her faith will be the key to understanding the ending of the series. I always figured that Harry would sacrifice himself to save the wizarding world, but after reading the sixth book, I am starting to believe that Snape is going to be the one to make that sacrifice. She was asked in an interview (can't remember which one) about Snape's pattern of nasty and then redemptive behavior, and she would not give any information. She just said that she was amazed that the question was asked and that she couldn't give any more info on the subject. This just makes me think that Snape is going to do something huge to ultimately redeem himself.
glitter_sniffer On August 25, 2015
Om nom nom

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jan 28, 2006 @ 12:29:48
Well I agree with Annie, I think that Snape is innocent! Well At least I hope he is, he's by far the best character. So intriguing.

Sirius is also...quite simply dead. I never liked him as a character though, so I might just be biased about his return or something. But yeah...I don't think he's coming back.

And I just want Ron and Hermione to get it 'awn. Haha. If Hermione doesn't I will! lmao. Ron = cutey.
xyouthinkyouknowx On July 14, 2006

Weymouth, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jan 28, 2006 @ 13:27:48
Yeah I know what you mean. I don't really know what's going on with the 7th book but I certainly agree with your last point... They could talk to him through the painting. Of course, this is probably what's going to happen, it'd make the most sense with the plot and not changing any of the Potter rules.
I don't really know otherwise... I like thinking about it really, but I want it to surprise me. Anyway all the best on Harry Pottering!!!
x Stef x
ai_chan On January 31, 2009

Have You Checked Your Pockets?
#15New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 08:37:20
@verity Said
This just makes me think that Snape is going to do something huge to ultimately redeem himself.

I share that feeling.

I was actually rather disappointed in Snape, and highly upset with him when I had first read the sixth book. However, once I had time to sit down and think to myself, I had gotten to think about it a bit more, and thought of possible ways to justify his actions. Sure there's no "True Justfication" for what he's done... But I think it goes a bit deeper than him acting upon cowardly instincts against an unarmed man. I actually believe that Dumbledore had indeed asked him tokill him, seeing as it's quite highly unlikely for a man of Dumbledore's personality to beg for his life. I believe that he asked that Snape take his life, rather than Draco being forced to which would result in his innocence being stolen from him.

I certainly don't find Snape as big of a crook as everyone else seems to find him. It just takes a deeper level of thinking, is all. It makes me quite sad. We only see the man from Harry's Point of View...and of course he doesn't like him, Therefore we're automatically hearing bad things of him and our opinions are going to be biased from the start...So Snape's just got the bad end of the stick on this one. lol I think Harry just needs to stop being a dumbass, and think a bit.
*shrug*
I sympathize with Snape.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs