The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

How Are Islamist Terrorist Organizations Separated From Islam?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...13 14 15
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#211New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 15:43:32
@Junkyard_Jim Said

I guess this is "logic", because I'm not making the connection you have obviously made.

Well when I was at (a faith) high school we were always taught it meant not accusing people of things you have no proof for as no one is perfect.

If you have another interpretation I'd like to hear it.
Junkyard_Jim On August 30, 2011

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#212New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 15:49:23
@SparklyKatie Said

Well when I was at (a faith) high school we were always taught it meant not accusing people of things you have no proof for as no one is perfect.

I believe we were speaking of stoning people in the physical sense. You are inferring that I am accusing people of things without proof. However, I have been clear that elements of Islam are problematic, not Islam itself. I have also questioned (not accused or blamed) whether Islamic moderates, particularly clergy, could organize to issue influential fatwahs to mitigate violence among the extremists aimed at innocents.

Rather than an inference, which is easy to do, give me a direct quote or list one of my post numbers in thread that shows I'm casting blame at all Muslims and doing so without proof in order to be simply vindictive. Stop your short posts and inferences and do it.

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#213New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 16:35:54
@SparklyKatie Said

OK, here's a story of an attack earlier today in rural Indonesia. Now, not all the Muslims in the country attacked these Christians, and, you know what, not all the Muslims knew about it, and I'll state right up front that not all the Muslims in Indonesia or the world supported or admired the attack. Are we clear on that?

Now, the attackers are tentatively being identified as an extremist group of Islamic men who have continuously attacked Christians and their churches in this Indonesian province. Extremists, maybe even biased racists, as some (SOME) Inodensians do not like other Indonesians because they are not Indonesian enough. Here's the link: https://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/12/assailants-stab-beat-christian-worshippers-outside-indonesias-capital/?test=latestnews How about actually reading the link and news story (its not very long) and give me a viable take on why you think the alleged Muslims attacked those identified as Christians. Are you up for it?

Oops, I noticed the report was from Fox News, not one of your favorites, so here's a link you may be more comfortable reading for truthfulness and veracity. From the Associated Press: https://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jpbu9DD8o-hpYqCKV8IYchwbCYwgD9I6DIH00
\m//O_O\\m/

#214New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 16:45:16
@Junkyard_Jim Said

OK, here's a story of an attack earlier today in rural Indonesia. Now, not all the Muslims in the country attacked these Christians, and, you know what, not all the Muslims knew about it, and I'll state right up front that not all the Muslims in Indonesia or the world supported or admired the attack. Are we clear on that?

Now, the attackers are tentatively being identified as an extremist group of Islamic men who have continuously attacked Christians and their churches in this Indonesian province. Extremists, maybe even biased racists, as some (SOME) Inodensians do not like other Indonesians because they are not Indonesian enough. Here's the link: https://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/12/assailants-stab-beat-christian-worshippers-outside-indonesias-capital/?test=latestnews How about actually reading the link and news story (its not very long) and give me a viable take on why you think the alleged Muslims attacked those identified as Christians. Are you up for it?

Oops, I noticed the report was from Fox News, not one of your favorites, so here's a link you may be more comfortable reading for truthfulness and veracity. From the Associated Press: https://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jpbu9DD8o-hpYqCKV8IYchwbCYwgD9I6DIH00

People attack other people all over the world everyday, if you're not blaming all Muslims for it why do you continuously look for and post stories on Muslims who do bad things? They don't have the monopoly on being vicious thugs.
\m//O_O\\m/

#215New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 16:50:52
The Army of God.

AOG supports the Second Defensive Action Statement, as produced by the Defenders of the Defenders of Life, which reads:

Quote:
We the undersigned, declare the justice of taking all Godly action necessary, including the use of force, to defend innocent human life (born and unborn). We proclaim that whatever force is legitimate to defend the life of a born child is legitimate to defend the life of an unborn child.

Quote:
We declare and affirm that if in fact Paul Hill did kill or wound abortionist John Britton, and accomplices James Barrett and Mrs. Barrett, his actions are morally justified if they were necessary for the purpose of defending innocent human life. Under these conditions, Paul Hill should be acquitted of all charges against him.

Are these thugs any better than the ones in Indonesia?

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#216New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 17:14:43
@SparklyKatie Said

The Army of God.

AOG supports the Second Defensive Action Statement, as produced by the Defenders of the Defenders of Life, which reads:

Provide the link sources so one can make an informed response.
\m//O_O\\m/

#217New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 17:23:51
@Junkyard_Jim Said

Provide the link sources so one can make an informed response.

Clicky

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#218New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 17:59:51
@SparklyKatie Said

The Army of God.

Absolutely not, they should be prosecuted and punished. Police forces in the United States are familiar with the AOG and consider its members to be dangerous and capable of life-threatening violence. Extremists are extremists and if involved in violence against others, they must be pursued, apprehended, tried and sentenced according to their crimes.

Now, you have again pointed to another group, a violent group that is being closely monitored by the FBI and various police agencies. It is the subject of multiple investigations and prosecutions. No rational person cares what their quotes are or why they would want members guilty of assault and/or murder acquitted and freed. Not likely to happen. An AOG member has already received the death penalty and been dispatched by lethal injection, as was appropriate for his crime of murder.

OK, we've established the AOG is a terrorist Christian fringe organization placed on the FBI's terrorist watch list due to hoax anthrax letters sent by a member. He is being sought by law enforcement in order to prosecute him for those crimes.

Back to my question, will you attempt to answer it and provide a viable reason for the attacks or against the attacks? Should the Indonesian regional government have shuttered and closed the Christian church? What of the police statement? Any credence to it? Are they corrupt and will they actually seek the attackers, capture and prosecute them? What type of justice is prudent in this case? Try to answer, rather than deflect, questions.
\m//O_O\\m/

#219New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 18:07:23
@Junkyard_Jim Said

Absolutely not, they should be prosecuted and punished. Police forces in the United States are familiar with the AOG and consider its members to be dangerous and capable of life-threatening violence. Extremists are extremists and if involved in violence against others, they must be pursued, apprehended, tried and sentenced according to their crimes.

Now, you have again pointed to another group, a violent group that is being closely monitored by the FBI and various police agencies. It is the subject of multiple investigations and prosecutions. No rational person cares what their quotes are or why they would want members guilty of assault and/or murder acquitted and freed. Not likely to happen. An AOG member has already received the death penalty and been dispatched by lethal injection, as was appropriate for his crime of murder.

OK, we've established the AOG is a terrorist Christian fringe organization placed on the FBI's terrorist watch list due to hoax anthrax letters sent by a member. He is being sought by law enforcement in order to prosecute him for those crimes.

Back to my question, will you attempt to answer it and provide a viable reason for the attacks or against the attacks? Should the Indonesian regional government have shuttered and closed the Christian church? What of the police statement? Any credence to it? Are they corrupt and will they actually seek the attackers, capture and prosecute them? What type of justice is prudent in this case? Try to answer, rather than deflect, questions.

It is not my place to tell a government what to do within its own borders. Neither is it yours.

The perpetrators of this violence will be dealt with, I have no doubt of that.

They should be dealt with exactly the same as members of the AOG were.

So to answer your thread title.

Islamic terrorist organisations are separated from Islam the same as the AOG is separated from Christianity.

I hope I made myself clear.

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#220New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 18:17:24
@SparklyKatie Said

It is not my place to tell a government what to do within its own borders. Neither is it yours.

The perpetrators of this violence will be dealt with, I have no doubt of that.

They should be dealt with exactly the same as members of the AOG were.

So to answer your thread title.

Islamic terrorist organisations are separated from Islam the same as the AOG is separated from Christianity.

I hope I made myself clear.

No, not clear at all. No one asked you to tell a government anything. You were asked to provide an informed opinion that you could back with viable position sourcing. The police chief in the region is reported to have stated this is not a religion based crime, so why would you think these extremists would be dealt with in any manner, if even found. Sounds to me like the police are not looking. Corruption is rife and the police in the region are reported to sympathize with the extremist Muslim elements.

If you won't provide so much as an informed opinion, how can you state they should be dealt with exactly the same as the AOG were? Here in the US, and in the UK, national, state and local government proactively seek out terrorist elements, regardless of affiliation to religions or causes or ideology. If they are violent, they are pursued and prosecuted.

There is no way on God's green earth that Islam is doing the same thing with its violent extremist groups. Many of the organizations are financially and physically backed by government and religious groups that adhere to Islam. The members of many of the organizations are members of government, as well. Many of the military trainers for tactical operations are associated with the Islamic governments.

There is no correlation to organized, well-funded, government supported extremist Islamic terrorist organizations and a low-member Christian fringe lunatic operation inside the U.S. The AOG is theorized to have less than 70 full-time members nationwide.
\m//O_O\\m/

#221New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 18:19:55
@Junkyard_Jim Said

No, not clear at all. No one asked you to tell a government anything. You were asked to provide an informed opinion that you could back with viable position sourcing. The police chief in the region is reported to have stated this is not a religion based crime, so why would you think these extremists would be dealt with in any manner, if even found. Sounds to me like the police are not looking. Corruption is rife and the police in the region are reported to sympathize with the extremist Muslim elements.

If you won't provide so much as an informed opinion, how can you state they should be dealt with exactly the same as the AOG were? Here in the US, and in the UK, national, state and local government proactively seek out terrorist elements, regardless of affiliation to religions or causes or ideology. If they are violent, they are pursued and prosecuted.

There is no way on God's green earth that Islam is doing the same thing with its violent extremist groups. Many of the organizations are financially and physically backed by government and religious groups that adhere to Islam. The members of many of the organizations are members of government, as well. Many of the military trainers for tactical operations are associated with the Islamic governments.

There is no correlation to organized, well-funded, government supported extremist Islamic terrorist organizations and a low-member Christian fringe lunatic operation inside the U.S. The AOG is theorized to have less than 70 full-time members nationwide.

And you call me a zealot? Funny.

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#222New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 19:01:27
@SparklyKatie Said

And you call me a zealot? Funny.

How is agreeing with your previous post regarding the AOG and answering the questions you asked followed by my asking you to answer my original questions make me a zealot? You need to listen to yourself and try to understand what others who do not share an opinion hear from you.

In my opinion, you still have not made a real attempt at giving your opinion in an informed manner that you can defend.
\m//O_O\\m/

#223New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 19:05:48
@Junkyard_Jim Said

How is agreeing with your previous post regarding the AOG and answering the questions you asked followed by my asking you to answer my original questions make me a zealot? You need to listen to yourself and try to understand what others who do not share an opinion hear from you.

You still have not made a real attempt at giving your opinion in an informed manner.

You ask me to substantiate my arguments then make blanket statements like "There is no way on God's green earth that Islam is doing the same thing with its violent extremist groups." without providing evidence to back up your claims.

I gave my opinion, if you don't understand it then it's your problem not mine.

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#224New Post! Sep 12, 2010 @ 19:13:27
@SparklyKatie Said

You ask me to substantiate my arguments then make blanket statements like "There is no way on God's green earth that Islam is doing the same thing with its violent extremist groups." without providing evidence to back up your claims.

I gave my opinion, if you don't understand it then it's your problem not mine.

Ah, Katie, you left out a substantial portion of the statement quote. I did mention these organizations have official backing and I've identified those in previous threads and posts to which you also responded. I guess its time to let it rest. Your position is to defend "all" Muslims from potential blame or slander and mine (in your mind) is to denigrate the innocent.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...13 14 15

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs