Forums:
TFS+

Muslims/Islam - What do you think?

AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#1New Post! Jun 12, 2010 @ 03:41:31
I'm not posting this in TFS+ Politics or the Religion forums on purpose.

What do you think of muslims/islam?

There's a lot of controversy. It's good. It's bad. They are intolerant. Their message is not intolerant.

What do you think in general of muslims and islam?

(And yes, I know I'm opening a can of worms.)
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#2New Post! Jun 12, 2010 @ 03:58:49
theyre intolerant, thats true. also extremly disrespectful and not trust worthy.
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#3New Post! Jun 12, 2010 @ 04:19:51
impossible question to answer, as there's over one billion Muslims in the world.

any answer is pretty much a guess.

but none the less, obviously people will say they're evil, because a tiny, tiny percentage of them do evil things.

but all large groups have that small percentage, that do evil things.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! Jun 12, 2010 @ 04:20:55
I think that, as in every group, there are good ones, bad ones, and very bad ones.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#5New Post! Jun 12, 2010 @ 04:27:44
@LuckyCharms Said

it can make peacefull folks, it can make terror.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#6New Post! Jun 12, 2010 @ 04:35:33
I think nothing of them really. I'd need more to go on than their religion.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 12, 2010 @ 09:25:06
I don't know a great deal about Islam. I was not raised Muslim, I was raised Christian.

A religion takes many years of study to understand rather than fishing paragraphs from articles and thinking we have a grip on it.

From the Muslims that I know, have known, they have been entirely peaceful normal people.

There are fanatics in all religions, they are hooligans and thugs looking for a cause to harm in the name of anything.

Fanatics can not be reasoned with, they are hysterical beyond reason. Fanatics do not open their eyes to the world around them and they do not compromise. They are dangerous people.

The majority of muslims around the world feel that fanatics have no place in Islam and are ashamed of the actions of terrorists tainting the name of Allah whom they love. Nor do they agree with shaira law.

I feel the rotten apples are fear mongering and painting the whole religion as evil for a lot of people in the world who buy into the fear.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jun 12, 2010 @ 09:28:26
@treebee Said

I don't know a great deal about Islam. I was not raised Muslim, I was raised Christian.

A religion takes many years of study to understand rather than fishing paragraphs from articles and thinking we have a grip on it.

From the Muslims that I know, have known, they have been entirely peaceful normal people.

There are fanatics in all religions, they are hooligans and thugs looking for a cause to harm in the name of anything.

Fanatics can not be reasoned with, they are hysterical beyond reason. Fanatics do not open their eyes to the world around them and they do not compromise. They are dangerous people.

The majority of muslims around the world feel that fanatics have no place in Islam and are ashamed of the actions of terrorists tainting the name of Allah whom they love. Nor do they agree with shaira law.

I feel the rotten apples are fear mongering and painting the whole religion as evil for a lot of people in the world who buy into the fear.

Couldn't have put it better treebs.
JustMeAgain On January 03, 2014
Is it fish?

Derby, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jun 12, 2010 @ 09:29:36
No different to Catholics, christians, or Buddists.
There are good and bad in all religions.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jun 12, 2010 @ 09:30:21
There are some really lovely Muslim folk about, but also some not so nice ones- just like in every other religion or group in the world.

People who judge an entire religion based on the minority who preach hate instead of their actual religion are just ignorant in my opinion.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#11New Post! Jun 12, 2010 @ 11:15:44
They're human.. Just like christians, buddhists, atheists, wiccans, and all the rest.
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jun 12, 2010 @ 16:14:42
Muslims and Islam are the new communism.
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#13New Post! Jun 22, 2010 @ 00:54:19
@LuckyCharms Said

I'm not posting this in TFS+ Politics or the Religion forums on purpose.

What do you think of muslims/islam?

There's a lot of controversy. It's good. It's bad. They are intolerant. Their message is not intolerant.

(And yes, I know I'm opening a can of worms.)

In my view, they are no better, or no worse than the average Christian.

Intolerant? Maybe to some extent, but not more intolerant than Christianity. They both warn, if you dont believe as they do, and accept their way of life, youre going to hell, and to me, thats pretty f***ing intolerant.

Are they oppressive? No, the women cover themselves because of their love of Allah, not because the men tell them to. No more oppressive than the catholic church taxing peasants with the threat of going to hell for sinning, by not paying tithes, Muslim women wear the clothes they do in fear of sinning.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#14New Post! Jun 22, 2010 @ 00:55:27
@8FlOz Said

Are they oppressive? No, the women cover themselves because of their love of Allah, not because the men tell them to. No more oppressive than the catholic church taxing peasants with the threat of going to hell for sinning, by not paying tithes, Muslim women wear the clothes they do in fear of sinning.

Or getting beaten by their husbands. It really all depends on which ones you talk to.
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#15New Post! Jun 22, 2010 @ 00:57:59
@someone_else Said

Or getting beaten by their husbands. It really all depends on which ones you talk to.

Are there not christian men who beat their wives, AND children? be smart, you sound like a conservative a** with hat post.
Locked<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)