Forums:
Relationships

How to pick up a girl

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
shakin On July 05, 2005

Overland Park, Kansas
#1New Post! Apr 12, 2005 @ 14:32:31
I wrote this a while back in college. I was going threw some papers and found this thought I would share it with everyone. if you must know I got a "B" on the paper. should of been an "A".

When approaching a girl you should keep the following steps in mind...

Step 1: Lose the lame pick up lines. Keep it simple, and keep the conversation focused on her. “Hi, how are you? My name’s Shakin.” Don’t just walk up to a girl and be like “yo, let’s f***.” That’s only worked for me once, and I’m willing to bet dollars to donuts it was a total fluke.

Step 2: Confidence. Grow a set. Guys get so whiney and pathetic when it comes to sweating over how they should approach a girl and what they should say. Just shut up and do it. If you get rejected you get rejected. Big deal. The Mets lose almost every season, but they still come out to play their games right? Well…bad example…they get paid to do that…but you get the idea….

Step 3: Appearance. Listen, I’m Mr. Zen Buddhism “appearance is all in your head,” but sadly in this wonderful society of ours people do care about how you look, and if you approach a girl looking like Zoltar from the plant Fartf***er with grease dripping off you and smelling like the center of disease control would want to quarantine you immediately, it might be a good time to go and look into cleaning yourself up a bit. Just don’t go and use this as an excuse to be a soulless trendy and buy what you see other guys buying.

Step 4: Don’t be a d***. If you’re with a girl, and you’re trying to win her over so you can f*** her in an uncomfortable place (it’s a Mallrats reference, get it?), then you have to lose the stupid, self serving bulls*** at the door. A girl you just met doesn’t really care about you and the fact that you can bench press your weight in maple syrup. She wants you to talk about her, so do it. Ask her questions about what she does, how she feels on things. And if you do disagree with her on something, TELL HER. Don’t be a pussy, tell her you disagree and then tell her why. A girl wants a guy with balls, not some spineless worm that could give the Blob from the movie The Blob a run for its money.

Step 5: Body Language. This is a past time activity for me. I can figure out a girl’s body language in seconds and tell if she’s wasting my time or not. You should make eye contact with her frequently, and if her pupil (the black part of the eye) is small and not wide, then you’re better off picking up another girl. But if the pupil is large and wide, then you’re in until you find a way to f*** it up. If you get one-word responses, and she looks away or disinterested, then you should back off as well. Aside from her eyes, if she touches you in any kind of way that’s NOT a shove, or if she laughs at your jokes for longer than 5 seconds or so these are good signs that she’s interested.

Step 6: Avoid certain phrases. “I live with my Mom” being the one that seems to come up the most from guys I'm told. Remember, you want to focus on her. If she asks about you then give her the good stuff. “I run my own business.” “I’m studying at this school in the honors program.” Just make sure that 1) you don’t lie because you’ll get caught at some point, and 2) Only tell her about you if she asks. Don’t just bring up stuff randomly to try to win her approval. She’ll think you’re a desperate idiot. And make sure not to depress her either. Don’t talk about your problems or even mention you have problems. It makes you look weak and not a viable partner.

Step 7: Roll with it. You have to be ready for anything. If she insults you, insult her back. If she catches you off guard with some line like, "I like to sneeze in the bathtub every twenty four hours" tell her you like to do that every twenty three. Even if you're not quick on your feet you should try at all opportunities not to look and sound like a deer that is about to be flattened by a semi truck.

Step 8: If she leaves with you. Don’t treat her like crap, and don’t take advantage of her. This should go without saying. You want her to like you right? So don’t get into this mindset of “I’m just going to f*** you and leave you” because you’ll get burned one way or another. Karma is a total b****; so don’t treat other people like s***.

Note: The boy friend line. If a girl tells you she has a boyfriend right off the bat, she's keeping you at bay and probably writing you off. If the boyfriend is rarely (if at all mentioned) then she's very interested in you. Don't be discouraged when you hear about the boyfriend if there is one. I'm proud to say I've slept with many guy's girlfriends and if my ugly a** can do it so can you.

I would write a guide for girls to pick up guys but it would be all of one sentence. And that sentence would be “Just walk over to a guy and start a conversation.” For a guy to pick up a girl it takes a lot more skill and thought. Should you get to the point where you get her back to the room and about to do the hibbity dibbity, do me a huge favor. Don’t go turning on any mood music or s*** like that. I don’t know how that trend got started but it needs to stop. I’ll leave the rest up to you. Just remember what I said and don’t f*** it up. There are a few million more women than men in the world and there is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to pick them up.
secretvixen On December 08, 2009

New York City, New York
#2New Post! Apr 12, 2005 @ 14:45:12
thats actually great...you do deserve an A...some guys need to read that word for word!...pfff...this reminded me of something i read for school...it was called "How to Get Out of a Date"...the steps were ridiculous...one involved excusing yourself to the bathroom and changing into a disguise or breaking the window and excaping LOL
blender409 On February 20, 2008

Chanhassen, Minnesota
#3New Post! Apr 12, 2005 @ 14:45:59
I like this one: I spilled coffe all over my pants... can i borrow yours?
frozen On December 15, 2009

Manchester, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 12, 2005 @ 16:20:16
Like it centurian... like it haha!!
time_and_time_again On December 06, 2005

LA, California
#5New Post! Apr 12, 2005 @ 19:08:34
i like this one, "hey i lost my phone number, can I have yours" lol
ghostrx7 On June 07, 2006

bristol, Connecticut
#6New Post! Apr 12, 2005 @ 20:37:09
ya, those are great, i read a book called body language that helped alot. never even thought it through that much before!
been_3369 On January 25, 2006

Deleted

#7New Post! Apr 12, 2005 @ 22:50:03
lmao, if it had been me youd have gotten an A. that was great. except the bf part.... i dont know, maybe its just a girls point of view, but if i was a guy i wouldnt sleep with another guys gf, and being a girl, i WONT sleep with a guy who has a gf. sorry.
secretvixen On December 08, 2009

New York City, New York
#8New Post! Apr 13, 2005 @ 13:06:25
me neither...i used to get into a lot of trouble with guy's g/fs b/c the guys would always flirt with me and they would think that i want them!...
kissychrissyx1 On February 24, 2006

Deleted

#9New Post! Apr 13, 2005 @ 13:23:49
Or how about ...
" You should be a parking ticket, Because you have Fine written all over you " and if that doesn't work..which I'm sure it won't..Just pay the girl compliments, take her out, respect her, have a sense of Humor, Have fun, ...ya know

Ya it kinda sucks how guys can't be Just friends with a girl..Not talking about you..but it always seems that way..but o well..

bristol, Connecticut
#10New Post! Apr 13, 2005 @ 14:53:42
i saw this girl a few times at stop and shop and we would always exchange smiles. well i went there today and asked her to take a break and ring me up. she said ok, so i come back with"now that im single and everything i should ask u for ur number." worked!keep ya posted.hardest thing to do is ask.but in reality, its better than not knowing. now thats torture!
eeor3 On August 23, 2022

San Antonio, Texas
#11New Post! Apr 13, 2005 @ 15:07:10
Great paper Shaken.
noveltygun On January 05, 2022

seattle, Washington
#12New Post! Apr 13, 2005 @ 20:19:17
wow it works....got a girl to her room....struck out though and no its not funny

bristol, Connecticut
#13New Post! Apr 13, 2005 @ 20:41:50
any attempt is more successful than never trying.
shakin On July 05, 2005

Overland Park, Kansas
#14New Post! Apr 13, 2005 @ 21:05:40
Keep trying and stick with my steps and you will do fine.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs