Man Talk

In this instance, would you say this girl wanted me to "make a move?"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Texts On November 15, 2009

Raleigh, North Carolina
#1New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 05:45:56
This post may end up being lengthy, I have a tendency to over-explain things; anyways, there's this girl I've known for close to two years now, we've never been necessarily close, and have only seen each other on a weekly basis for a few hours at a time.

Nevertheless, we became decent friends, and I was immediately attracted to her.

So recently, after not having seen her for about a two month period, she texts me and starts up a conversation. It goes well and eventually she asks if I would like to hang out later that night. I agree and I later take her to an ice cream shop at about 7 p.m.

Just to be the nice guy, I paid for her ice cream despite her objections. This is where things got interesting, once we get our ice cream, she starts taking it around to the back of the store, I ask her jokingly, "haha where are you going?" to which she tells me she was, "Looking for a trashcan."

I found it odd, she's been to that shop many times, and of course the trashcan isn't around the back of the store, so we get back there and I begin telling a story to make her laugh, and start feeling those damned feelings of love/attraction rise up. Suddenly she interrupts my story and looks at the back of the shop to ask, "are there cameras back here?" This blew my mind to be honest, it seemed so out of place, I just sort of stuttered a response of, "uh, I'm not..sure really."

She THEN turns and sees two teenagers about our age hanging out on the playground that was a little farther behind the small shop. After seeing them, she also notices the large tepee that is used for decoration for the playground. Subsequently, she gets kind of excited and suggests we go in.

At this point I'm extremely confused, we go inside, other than prolonged eye contact and the vibe I got from her that she was nervous, I made no move besides being my normal pathetic self.

TL;DR

I'm an idiot?
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#2New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 06:01:13
Clearly, yes
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#3New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 06:01:49
I'm sure there will be another opportunity, no reason to fret

Raleigh, North Carolina
#4New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 06:06:25
I know I'm going to sound like I'm attempting to justify my bonehead mistake, but this is a girl who, six months earlier, told her friend she "didn't think of me like that." I had given up on her to be honest.

For the love of God would women just become rational and comprehensible for once?
NickoBorgir On November 18, 2009

Deleted

Melbourne, Australia
#5New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 06:10:36
@Texts Said

I know I'm going to sound like I'm attempting to justify my bonehead mistake, but this is a girl who, six months earlier, told her friend she "didn't think of me like that." I had given up on her to be honest.

For the love of God would women just become rational and comprehensible for once?

Dude, I totally agree with ya! I'd say yeah she wanted you to make a move, but mate, I'm completely oblivous when it comes to the fairer sex too. Don't stress too much, if it's ment to happen it will. Oh and no need to justify anything either. Just chalk it up to experience bro. You'll get her next time

Raleigh, North Carolina
#6New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 06:14:50
@NickoBorgir Said

Dude, I totally agree with ya! I'd say yeah she wanted you to make a move, but mate, I'm completely oblivous when it comes to the fairer sex too. Don't stress too much, if it's ment to happen it will. Oh and no need to justify anything either. Just chalk it up to experience bro. You'll get her next time

Thank you very much for the encouragement. Now I just have to deal with the torture of anticipation. Nothings worse than having that one girl you just can't get off your mind, but then again, nothings better.

First time posting a thread on this site and I'm already impressed with the friendliness of its regulars.
NickoBorgir On November 18, 2009

Deleted

Melbourne, Australia
#7New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 06:17:24
Well, not so much a regular myself, only joined up yesterday. But all us guys have been in that boat once or twice. Just keep your chin up, and be confident.
darkangel28 On February 08, 2019
im a maplestoryadict

damn it started snowing again,
#8New Post! Oct 16, 2009 @ 02:30:08
why didnt u make a move on her

Raleigh, North Carolina
#9New Post! Oct 19, 2009 @ 19:10:47
@darkangel28 Said

why didnt u make a move on her

Well, the main reason being that I hadn't seen this girl in at least two months.

She's never really shown any signs of interest in about 2 years of friendship.

And, around 6 months prior, when my interest in her was really peaked, I had a friend of hers ask her what she thought of me. Her response was that she, "doesn't think of (me) like that."

We've tried for two consecutive weeks to hang out now, but both times its ended in failure.
beatboxer On March 25, 2010

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Oct 19, 2009 @ 19:17:17
at least you know for next time.

and dont stress about it. i have made a few similar mistakes before as have countless other "idiots"!

as for females being rational and comprehensible, not gonna happen!! ever!!

Raleigh, North Carolina
#11New Post! Oct 19, 2009 @ 19:23:08
That's the worst thing, I've failed twice now in setting up a "next time"

I haven't seen her in two weeks, despite us trying to find a time to hang out.

Feels bad man.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#12New Post! Oct 19, 2009 @ 19:23:19
@Texts Said

This post may end up being lengthy, I have a tendency to over-explain things; anyways, there's this girl I've known for close to two years now, we've never been necessarily close, and have only seen each other on a weekly basis for a few hours at a time.

Nevertheless, we became decent friends, and I was immediately attracted to her.

So recently, after not having seen her for about a two month period, she texts me and starts up a conversation. It goes well and eventually she asks if I would like to hang out later that night. I agree and I later take her to an ice cream shop at about 7 p.m.

Just to be the nice guy, I paid for her ice cream despite her objections. This is where things got interesting, once we get our ice cream, she starts taking it around to the back of the store, I ask her jokingly, "haha where are you going?" to which she tells me she was, "Looking for a trashcan."

I found it odd, she's been to that shop many times, and of course the trashcan isn't around the back of the store, so we get back there and I begin telling a story to make her laugh, and start feeling those damned feelings of love/attraction rise up. Suddenly she interrupts my story and looks at the back of the shop to ask, "are there cameras back here?" This blew my mind to be honest, it seemed so out of place, I just sort of stuttered a response of, "uh, I'm not..sure really."

She THEN turns and sees two teenagers about our age hanging out on the playground that was a little farther behind the small shop. After seeing them, she also notices the large tepee that is used for decoration for the playground. Subsequently, she gets kind of excited and suggests we go in.

At this point I'm extremely confused, we go inside, other than prolonged eye contact and the vibe I got from her that she was nervous, I made no move besides being my normal pathetic self.

TL;DR

I'm an idiot?

Yes, from what you tell us, she was wanting to 'do something'

Don't over stress the situation. You probably will get a second chance with her, but follow what I say next.....

-First, make sure you have a condom(s) on you.
-Second, don't do it a playground(or any place public-if you have any respect for her)for your 1st time together...even if she is trying to initiate something.

, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Oct 19, 2009 @ 19:26:11
@Texts Said

That's the worst thing, I've failed twice now in setting up a "next time"

I haven't seen her in two weeks, despite us trying to find a time to hang out.

Feels bad man.

Let her organise the "next time".

Raleigh, North Carolina
#14New Post! Oct 19, 2009 @ 19:35:04
@beatboxer Said

Let her organise the "next time".

She usually doesn't initiate conversations, through medians such as texting. She doesn't really use the internet for social networking either.

But she always seems happy to talk to me, through the phone or texting. I just can't understand this girl.

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Oct 19, 2009 @ 19:41:22
@Texts Said

She usually doesn't initiate conversations, through medians such as texting. She doesn't really use the internet for social networking either.

But she always seems happy to talk to me, through the phone or texting. I just can't understand this girl.

Well, tell her you want to spend time with her but she is to organise time and place. if she does, you're in. if she doesn't, well, lets not think about that!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs